Negative PAs: How much dynamic are they?

Hi everyone,

We are all aware of the negative PA system of FM. I experienced that the negative PAs are not completely random; some players have another custom range. In short, I mean lets say player John has -95 PA. The probability of his PA to be 160 may not be equal to probabiltiy of 190.

I tested some players with opening different careers - this is what I have seen. Some players who have negative PAs always have a PA in a narrow range.

Am I right? Or are all of these samples coincidence?

Waiting to hear your experiences & information.

Have a nice weekend to all.

A player with a PA of -10 will get an actual PA in game between 180 to 200. The actual PA value he receives within that range is completely random.

-95 PA = 170-190

-9 = 160-180

-85 = 150-170

-8 = 140-160

and so on.

The PA range received only seems to have narrowed this year because the -x5 (-95, -85, -75 and so on) value has been introduced. Prior to FM16 there were only -10, -9, -8, -7 and so on, and thus negative PA values had broader value ranges (-10 used to give an actual PA value of between 170 - 200 for example).

well Jerome Sinclair has a -potential but ALWAYS get 144...

Yeah... no he doesn't .. 3 saves I just checked, none with him on 144.... really wish people would check this sort of thing before claiming stuff like this, it's how people get confused or get the wrong end of the stick about this game.

Yeah... no he doesn't .. 3 saves I just checked, none with him on 144.... really wish people would check this sort of thing before claiming stuff like this, it's how people get confused or get the wrong end of the stick about this game.

I have checked many times as I wrote to be sure what I am saying about. Also me did not complain about anything; just wanted to learn what is going behind the scene from the real sources.

• SI Staff
A player with a PA of -10 will get an actual PA in game between 180 to 200. The actual PA value he receives within that range is completely random.

-95 PA = 170-190

-9 = 160-180

-85 = 150-170

-8 = 140-160

and so on.

The PA range received only seems to have narrowed this year because the -x5 (-95, -85, -75 and so on) value has been introduced. Prior to FM16 there were only -10, -9, -8, -7 and so on, and thus negative PA values had broader value ranges (-10 used to give an actual PA value of between 170 - 200 for example).

Hey herne79,

Just to let you know, the ranges are 30 points wide not 20. So -10 is 170-200 (not 180-200), -95 is 160-190.

Cheers,

Seb.

Seb, whilst you're here.

Is this affected by your database size / leagues loaded?

Would it be feasible (if highly unlikely) to have all PA's top out at the max, or does the game moderate this dependant on the number of players loaded?

Cheers

well Jerome Sinclair has a -potential but ALWAYS get 144...

You might be falling prey to random number seeding. A computer can't come up with truly random numbers so if you save and reload then exactly the same thing can occur in the very early stage of the reload. Once you start clicking around doing stuff then the pattern will be broken and apparently random stuff happens again.

Archived