youth training and coach rep rating

I know that one of the factors for training is how good your coaches are. Im wondering if rep ties into it or strictly attributes. Same thing with youth director. If you had two with identical. Attributes, would the one with a higher rep tend to bring in a better intake group?

The staff have nothing to do with the quality of players you bring in. The staff's personality type matters though as your players have a chance of having that personality type. So it makes sense to build a backroom staff of like minded people. Reputation isn't important, but personality and the attributes are. You want staff with high determination, motivation and discipline.

Youth Recruitment = Increases likelihood of recruiting high PA youth and increasing how far your youth recruitment network will reach (low recruitment means you will probably only get local players who aren't recruited by bigger clubs, high recruitment means you will get top talent from all over the world). Youth recruitment, however, is also affected by your club's reputation.

Youth Facilities = The quality of the training facilities used by the players currently in your youth team. Good youth facilities will help your youth players improve more.

Junior Coaching = The quality of the coaching of the lower levels of your youth system. Basically, this represents coaching of youth players before they're generated as 14/15 year-olds. In terms of game mechanics, high junior coaching will increase the average ability of your youth players when they're first generated.

So in short it's;

Recruitment = Regen PA

Junior Coaching = Regen CA

Youth Facilities = Rate of youth player CA improvement

oh ok thanks. i was under the impression that the biggest determining factor for good intakes sas your head of youth development director. thanks for clarifying

He has the biggest influence on the personality of the youth players.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you set the responsibility for an individual to bring youth players into your squad, wouldn't PA also have a bearing as well?

No I explained above what sets a players PA and CA. It has nothing at all to do with staff. Whether the staff member has 1 or 20 for JPA it wouldn't matter as outside of the things listed above, you can't influence the regens PA/CA. JPA only matters if you want to scout a player or get a report about him. The higher the attribute the more likely it could be accurate. So in terms of bringing players for the future into the club who you are thinking of buying or loaning then yes. But that's not the question that was asked or answered.

My squad personality was very positive at first, but since i've hired an HoYD my assman keeps telling me players' have been adversely affected by the squad mood or something, and sure enough Determination atts are tumbling.

The HOYD had DET 9. Is that basically the reason? Established young players are being affected too. Is there anything I can do short of firing him?

Squad personality comes from the actual squad not staff. It's that rubbing off onto players and changing it. It's nothing to do with staff. In other words, the staff personality only play a part in what personality newgen players have when they're generated. It has no bearing on what happens afterwards.

This is what you are experiencing;

squadperso.png

On past versions of the game this didn’t have an impact on player development but now that’s changed. So how does it work? It’s basically an automatic effect that is similar to tutoring but not as powerful.

The effects can be good or bad and are limited solely to the attribute related to the personality type. Eg. Professional = Professionalism (hidden attribute), Determination = Determination attribute and so on. So this differs from tutoring because it only works on one attribute, the one listed on the screen highlighted above. The age cut-off depends on the players adaptability (hidden attribute) but the upper age limit is 24. So if the player has a low adaptability attribute then his cut off age will be before 24 by quite a bit.

So if the HOYD has loe Determination, will that affect the new intake in that their average DET will be low? And if I retain the whole intake, which adds 33% to the full squad, will that have an effect on the DET of the other young players?

Whatever personality type the HoYD has, has a big chance of being transferred to the newly generated players in intakes. So if this squad personality then changes the current one then yes. It's like explained above. Whatever the overall squad personality is, can be transferred to the younger players. Whether this be a positive or negative personality type. So you need to be aware of what your squad personality is.

Archived