Scouting costs

Playing a save where I've recently been promoted to the League 1 in the English tier. My board gave me permission to scout around the world so naturally I dispatched my (13) scouts across the globe. Two weeks later I click on finances and notice a scouting costs bill racked up for 200k pounds.

So my question is where can I see the breakdown of scouting costs and what each assignment is costing me? I can't find it anywhere. And what is creating this cost? Is it just sending the scouts to different countries or is it requesting reports on players that is doing it? And is the solution simply to largely restrict my scouting to Europe?

As a final question, which overseas countries should I scout, remembering that at this level I will have alot of issues with work permits for non-EU citizens.

Hi,

TBH I wouldnt bother with world scouting in League one, its just too expensive. Not sure there is a breakdown of the costs.

As for leagues well it depends what ones you have loaded, Scandinavia can be good, Belgium and even Scotland if you have it loaded. I found I signed v few players from abroad, my general tip would be to scout the released players - and use filters for certain stats. Offer plenty of trials and keep shortlits - look up the thread 'how is everyone doing in lower league management' in this general forum and I've put some advice there.

Key for me to getting good players was to add players who got released but had no interest in joining me to a shortlist..........then after deadline day see if they suddenly change their mind.

Sometimes you need to wait a good while but they will maybe become interested and you can pickup some good players, however FM is alot more realistic for that this year. I had James Collins and Kevin Appiah smashing up league 1 when I was there with Salford :)

I would also argue that scouting the world at that level is a little pointless because the style played in the lower leagues isn't exactly "continental". It's very physical and fast whereas a lot of coaching around the world focuses on passing and a slower tempo. English players are your best bet in the lower leagues although it wouldn't hurt to chuck in the odd European player. I've found that French players often do well in leagues 1 and 2 as well as the odd Italian but I mainly stick with players who are very familiar with the style for those levels.

Archived