Question about Job Offers...

Apologies if this has been posted before, looked for about 10 minutes and couldn't find it. I was wondering if you get offered jobs at other clubs in this game? I have been doing very well with Benfica, won the European cup, clean sweep at home, European cup semi final 2nd season then went the entire 2nd season unbeaten domestically. I'm now in to my 3rd season, still unbeaten domestically, finished 2nd in UCL group to qualify and when big jobs become available I get linked with them but I never get approached. In previous games I'd get an offer. I'm not looking to leave as I love Benfica, my starting line up consists of 7 academy players with some superb prospects knocking on the door, I love that, however I'm just curious about the job offer issue.

Thank You

If you are not looking to leave, don't worry yourself about it. Its irrelevant if you get job offers or not, like you said you are not leaving. Simple.

This is the worst comment I've seen in a while. He wants to know if it happens or not, your post contributes nothing to disccusion.

To the topic, I spent a mediocre first season slightly below expectations and a mediocre second (finished runners up when I'm predicted to finish 3rd, and exit EURO Cup at group stages which was below expectations) but I got two job offers at the end of the season, From Monaco and West Ham United. I guess that's because my Adaptability was 17.

you do get job offers dependent on your current reputation and as ugurcan said above depending on your adaptability. If your adaptability is low and you haven't worked in more than one country already then foreign clubs may be unwilling to take a gamble on approaching you.

You can help things along by applying for the jobs you've been linked with but then your current club may become annoyed with you for doing so.

Another factor is how much it costs to buy out your contract, for managers & other non-players the compensation required matches the remaining value of their contract so if you have a high salary & a lot of years left the cost of signing you could too high.

If you are not looking to leave, don't worry yourself about it. Its irrelevant if you get job offers or not, like you said you are not leaving. Simple.

Cheers for that.

Anyway, I agree with the OP that there is a problem with this. Regardless of whether the OP wants to move or not, these achievements would have attracted many high-profile suitors. I'm thinking of Mourinho at Porto as a reference point.

I too have endured this, and feel it's a significant flaw in FM16, so started a bugs thread on it. I wanted a move in my career, but had to plough through a season in the expectation of an offer that didn't arise. So I resigned, and was then laughed out of town by clubs who were lower in the league than the club I just left, who got there after I got them promoted twice.

RKC45, the bugs thread is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/450128-Overachieved-but-can-t-get-decent-jobs . If you think your save also warrants attention feel free to hijack the thread with your own saves, as an FM player I'd prefer the perceived issues were looked at by those with the ability to rectify any discrepancies rather than be dismissed as 'irrelevant' by some random eejit. Simple.

thank you sincerely for the kind detailed responses. Agree with Danchinaski, definitely think there should be more offers, I'm in the last year of my contract and still I haven't been asked. I don't want to apply somewhere else in case i get turned down and my existing club get angry. Anyway, thank you for the responses

I'm nearly in my 3rd season with Achilles 29 and a reputation of just 15% and I've had numerous job interviews.

Mainly from League 1 and 2 in England but most recently with Kilmarnock and Hamilton in the Scottish Championship.

Needless to say I didn't get any of them although I was offered the FC Porto B job.

i just started a 42 league, 10 country save. unemployed at start. not going to apply anywhere and see if i get any interviews at all

You should do. I get offered Berwick Rangers on day one. That isn't the problem, the issue to me is about getting suitable job offers that are realistic in terms of your career achievements.

ah ok. i did do a test sim where i took a vanarama north team to the EPL and Chelsea offered me a interview out of the blue. but that was just one team

You should do. I get offered Berwick Rangers on day one. That isn't the problem, the issue to me is about getting suitable job offers that are realistic in terms of your career achievements.

Archived