MLS Superdraft broken

I'm managing and for the second time, last year as well but then I didn't care since I had trade my first round pick anyway, I fail to attend the Superdraft, it just skips past to the follwing day, and the draftpicks the AI select for me all snub the deals offered by my DoF.

I've tried setting to handling everything myself, but it still skips the superdraft, but it does halt after the superdraft to allow for contract negotiations. I do get to offer them contract myself though, and the weird thing is that 2 guys just ask for the minimum requirements, so I don't get why the snub my DoF either.

I can attend other drafts like the waiver draft perfectly fine.

I don't care too much since I've finished first so the few actually wortwhile prospects in the draft will already be picked, but it's annoying nonetheless.

One a related note: does anyone else feel that the trading AI in the MLS is really static, passive and broken in general? Players just don't switch teams unless they are waived. The AI will dismiss any trade proposal for a first team player, even if the trade would be more than fair, like another player of comparable worth and 3rd round draft pick or something. I'm now 3 seasons in and I basically have still the exact same team, only managed to make 2 trades, the and I picked up a few waived players.

I'm managing and for the second time, last year as well but then I didn't care since I had trade my first round pick anyway, I fail to attend the Superdraft, it just skips past to the follwing day, and the draftpicks the AI select for me all snub the deals offered by my DoF.

I've tried setting to handling everything myself, but it still skips the superdraft, but it does halt after the superdraft to allow for contract negotiations. I do get to offer them contract myself though, and the weird thing is that 2 guys just ask for the minimum requirements, so I don't get why the snub my DoF either.

I can attend other drafts like the waiver draft perfectly fine.

I don't care too much since I've finished first so the few actually wortwhile prospects in the draft will already be picked, but it's annoying nonetheless.

One a related note: does anyone else feel that the trading AI in the MLS is really static, passive and broken in general? Players just don't switch teams unless they are waived. The AI will dismiss any trade proposal for a first team player, even if the trade would be more than fair, like another player of comparable worth and 3rd round draft pick or something. I'm now 3 seasons in and I basically have still the exact same team, only managed to make 2 trades, the and I picked up a few waived players.

Hi. Apologies for this issue. It's something we are aware of and will look to fix for a future update.

Player for Player trading is hard, and not something that happens much in real life. Most trades involve another resource type. Cheers

Thank for the reply. Is this future update to be released soon? Or is it like for FM17? Just curious.

Well, now I know I can't choose the player I want anyway, I have slots draft slots to trade and can experiment a bit with the matter. I takes some getting used to, but from 4 trades I made, 3 seems to represent value for money according the Board Confidence view, so I'm getting there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi SI...

wtf?

Has this been broken since release, or just since the last patch? I would uninstall and revert to an older patch if it fixed this...

I have an MLS save going, and Superdraft has always been the highlight of the season for me in past versions of the game...

I don't think you understand how frustrating it is to get through a season, get to draft day, after devoting hours to scouting players and preparing a draft strategy, not to mention the countless hours just to get through a season and to the draft... just to find out the superdraft is completely broken. Like... rage quit, I don't want to touch this game until it's fixed, broken.

There are very few redeeming qualities to the MLS, or to playing an MLS team in FM. Really... drafts are it. It's the only thing the MLS really gets right.

Why can't you guys?

... sorry. Raged out there. But seriously. Please fix this. asap.

Archived