Fitness query

I am managing Montrose in the year 2026 and I seem to have an issue with my fitness.

I have my starting XI that I would like to play every week. However, after the game they are so unfit (around 80%) that I don't consider them for selection for my midweek Europa League or Cup games.

I have tried to amend the training regime to make them more fit but does not seem to make any difference, so I went the other way and gave them an easy training regime in order to not tire them out in-between matches, but nothing seems to work. Is there something I am missing?

I have a large squad because of this, but I am just wondering if there is a bug regarding the players fitness levels.

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

• SI Staff

If you're playing back to back game then players will often be slightly tired especially if you're using pressing tactics - any player in mid to upper 80's is 'playable' but won't be quite as sharp as they might normally be ..

It is rare that I play the same team back to back.

After Match 1, my players will be around 75-81% fit, but the day before match two there does not seem to be much improvement. A couple will be mid 90's but the rest will be mid 80's.

I assumed that if a players fitness is in the mid 80's then it is not good enough to play them in the following game.

When I load up the game next time, I will see if I can get the same team to play back to back even if they are in mid 80's fitness level.

I will check these later and post the stamina attributes of my favoured starting XI.

Playing a pressing style would make sense to a drop in fitness, but I generally switch between Pressing and Counter Attack.

I am performing very well considering where I have taken them from, but I am looking to kick on and I think this is my main reason why I have not won a trophy in 3 seasons.

• SI Staff

Also relevant - what training regime do you have your players on? ... a high fitness training regime is VERY intensive, you're basically running your players long distances each day which while it'll improve their overall fitness generally will leave them potentially tired afterwards (meaning a lower condition).

How about stamina attributs of your players?

GK - Riberio - 15

RB - Castro - 20

LB - Wantanabe - 14

CB - Green - 13

CB - Rubio - 12

DM - Sobrino - 12

CM - Crowley - 13

CM - Wilikinson - 17

FW - Delaney - 17

FW - Nwankwo - 16

Subs

FW - Kang - 13

GK - Mullen - 14

CB - Kennedy - 9

ML - Kwiatkowski - 12

MR - Zhou - 12

DM - Upson - 12

CM - Matic - 11

Looking at this at face value, whilst my players are of decent quality they will run out of steam quite easily. I will have to look amongst my other players to see if anyone is similairly rated but maybe has better stamina.

Archived