FM2016 Republic of Venice Database.

Hi folks, this is my first post here. Been a Football Manager fan from day dot and would love to share with you my annual custom database.

I've had an unhealthy obsession with Italian football since the Football Italia days on CH4 (was obessed with Roberto Baggio) and have always enjoyed going Italian teams on FM/CM.

I wanted to try something different, and with 82% of people from Veneto wanting independence, i thought I'd create a parallel universe where the region (and a few others) got their independence. I've always been fascinated by the Venetian Empire, so this has made for a passion project.

Im20xdq.png

2016 version of the Republic of Venice database. I've made this for three years on the trot now.

The new nation includes the regions of Veneto, Friuli, San Marino and new for 2016, Trento and Upper/East Lombardy. Play in a league that's small but like the region, wealthy. League standard in the same ball park as the Swiss/Austrian leagues. Fabio Capello comes out of obscurity to manage the new national team. Teams like Padova, Triestina, Vicenza, Treviso and Venezia now have a surge of support now they have the chance to win something. Had to use San Marino, so their national team has been replaced. In the storyline of the game, San Marino retains its sovereignty but accepted the invitation to join the league. Feel free to edit and enhance

Download

[/url]

Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=613571202

Thanks for these so what happens to others clubs in Italy they in Serie A ?? When i used to watch Football Italia on channel 4 my team was Brescia for some strange reason

hagi-brescia.jpg

C_2_foto_193123_image.jpg

Two of the greatest players to play the game.

Baggio was the man that got me into football. My footballing hero. Brescia had some great player over the years.

Serie A continues as normal. They may have lost Chievo, Verona, Atalanta and Udinese, but its no big loss to the league. Serie B teams like Bari have replaced them. Most of Venice's sides were lower league teams (though, going by population and wealth, sleeping giants).

As living in a land once ruled by Venice, brillant idea :)

A couple of questions: are any club missing? Maybe I can't find AlbinoLeffe (and some lower italian Serie D clubs too), while I'm sure if Mantova was ever part of the Republic.. well just details

And when will conquer the clubs in Istria and Dalmatia? :p

I used to play with a custom db with the province of Bergamo indipendent, maybe I can help you checking if their players have the (new) nationality set :)

As living in a land once ruled by Venice, brillant idea :)

A couple of questions: are any club missing? Maybe I can't find AlbinoLeffe (and some lower italian Serie D clubs too), while I'm sure if Mantova was ever part of the Republic.. well just details

And when will conquer the clubs in Istria and Dalmatia? :p

I used to play with a custom db with the province of Bergamo indipendent, maybe I can help you checking if their players have the (new) nationality set :)

Yes I dont think Mantova was part, you're correct. Not quite sure why I choose to put them in. I will put in Albinoleffe in the next update, I didn't realise the the club was situated so close to Bergamo. As for west coast Croatia, I'm really not sure. Maybe for next years version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Archived