Help greatly needed

FM 16 is slowly killing my love for the FM series. Countless hours and countless saves, tried, in an attempt to try and have some fun within FM. Nothing works for me, doesn't matter what team it is, the players, or the tactics. I honestly don't know what to do anymore, and I'm pretty certain that at this point, I could get Barcelona relegated. I've even tried adding tactics that are supposed to be great, and even they never work for me. I've had advice from others, and still there's been no affect. Can anyone offer something? Anything? To turn it all around.

Go to the Tactics forum, read their guidelines and some of the Help threads, then start a new thread with as much detail as you can about your formation, roles, team and player instructions and team philosophy and there will be help available there

Terran, I know where you're coming from. I've had a lot of problems like you with various incarnations of FM....practically every one since 12, in fact. I was in exactly the same position with FM15 as you are apparently with this. And I know how utterly bewildering the T&T can be. But believe me, it works. You first need to take a deep breath, sit back and decide how you want to play. From there you can pick and choose the best threads, and pull out the information you need. Unfortunately Football Manager isn't, as you obviously know, the sort of game that has 'a solution'. You don't go into that room, deal with that bad guy, etc. I've found other peoples tactics fail me too...because they're not set up for my team and its situation. And because I'm pretty lousy at the game lol.

I spent hours reading various threads on T&T and it resulted in my best season in FM, ever. It just takes time and a little forward thinking. Once you know how you want to play, how other teams might play against you, and the players at your disposal, you can begin to use the information in T&T to develop tactics and ideas. There are a number of incredibly good threads in the 'stickies' and I can't tell you how useful I found 'Lines and Diamonds'. Success won't happen instantly, FM doesn't work like that. But give it time, work through issues....talk to people on here and you'll vastly increase your chances of getting somewhere. Good luck with it.

Terrain warrior I know exactly how you feel mate sometimes I literally want someone to come round my house and play half a season for me and show me how it's done. Because 3 1/2 seasons in I've had 4 clubs playoffs once one relegation and my biggest achievement was keeping Chelmsford in the conference south lol

I just try and pick my best players and work out tactics and formations to suit them . i freely admit I will never be the best at this game but just play for fun . My main problem is i forget to do things i mean to between games on settings etc . Maybe I need to write down things to remember them

Terran, You arent alone. I also am having severe issues with tactics. My reason is im from the States and have never watched much of it and always downloaded tactics up until this year. in the past ive even bought guides trying to explain them. Best thing you can do is read those guides that are stickied and while you do have the game open so you can see what they are talking about. Someone told me that and its helped a ton. i dont have it figured out yet but im leaps and bounds from where a was just a few days ago. Give it a try

It's funny that no one ever appears to try out to simply let assistants handle anything. Anybody who argues assistants are terribly are wrong, they're in the game for a reason, and Touch even allows you to tweak by the match plans. Tactically, at least at the base core, they all work off the absolutely same logics as totally any AI manager in the game, which means they don't do anything outright horribly (by FM AI standards anyway), plus unlike a download or some human players actually play matches dynamically (trying to protect a lead by reducing risk, and vice versa). The flipside of downloads without reading and understanding the hopefully addendums may also be that simply having players with individually traits (in particular related to positioning, such as "gets forward whenever possible" or "stays back at all time" PPPm visible in their profile) can hugely change the desired dynamics of the creator simply by having one or two players with such a trait in the squad which the uploader may have never had. Additionally going by this employing certain settings such as an aggressive mentality and generally high lines of defending no longer is as viable across the shop, as it has doubly added risk depending on the players you have likewise, who may lack the pace.

That doesn't mean assistants won't ever fail, a football season hinges on simply random chance more than many think it would due to the low scoring nature of the sport, injuries, simply the fixture list, in FM to a big extent too, and you might not fly as highly first season as some human players are able to. But if things truly are this bad and miserably, you don't want to bother with the technical stuff regarding tactics and you've already spent so much time simply banging your head in, why not at least give it a shot once or twice and check out if things look better that way. Not every manager in football is equally adept at tactics, they're those that hire their assistants based off that in real footie too.

I agree that assistants are not terrible.. But they are not exactly helpful either...

Mines been banging on constantly telling me to drop my striker (who bangs in at least 25 a season) for an 18 year unproven kid just because his star rating is better..

Sometimes you do need to just ignore the assistant

I could explain exactly what was going on, but what's the point? Every single team I manage, I look at the players, I study their attributes and I pick a system that should work, but it never does. I could have the best team with the best players or the worst team with the worst players. I've had zero success. I read the tactics guides, and it's nothing I don't already know. At this point, trying to get all technical isn't going to help, advice as to what actually works is the help that should be given out. Simply telling someone to go read something is quite lazy. Every other game before this one, all I've needed is a one size fits all tactic, and it worked. Regardless of team or players, I had a formation that worked for every team, but I find on this game that nothing works for any team.

advice as to what actually works is the help that should be given out

Unless you tell us what your system is, and what type of football you are trying to achieve, how can we advise you on how to change it to something that actually works?

If you're not prepared to tell us that, then the download section is the place for you.

This is going in circles now. You may have read guides, but that doesn't mean your understanding or even the implementation of them were necessarily correct. Without specifics, we're all just guessing. At this point, all anyone can do is to ask you to go through the guides again or post specific details about your issue, which you don't want to do for some reason?

So, read this at least: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS

And then post here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Tactics-amp-Training-Discussion

Archived