can i scout players games myself?

• 2 years later...
On 06/02/2016 at 21:55, Colorado said:

I've been saying for years that player stats should become unhidden if you view a match. Real managers watch tons of games irl.

The problem with the that is since you’re a manager and not a scout and dont have the scouting acumen, you wouldn’t reveal more than one or two stats after watching one game. Remember that even good scouts take upto watching 6-7 games to reveal all the stats. That would mean you'd have to watch over 20 matches for one player to reveal enough stats to consume a viable purchase. 

However I get what you’re saying, I too since FM05 have been myself watching matches of players that I wanted to buy or important matches such as World Cup finals, but when watching a player all we are trying to do sitting in stands is doing the ‘eye test’, seeing how the player evades a tackle or two or how he passes and makes runs. I believe that’s the whole point of going to games to watch the player, and hence the current system is fine the way it is. 

And what happens if you leave a match early, would you get less stats for the amount of time you was at a match? You could just start watching a match and leave and still get the stats as if you had been at the game the whole time. 

What I'm trying to say is I feel it is probably a lot more coding involved then what is first perceived to make it usable right across the playerbase.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, FrazT said:

That quote was from nearly 3 years ago, so the way of doing this may well have changed, if it is there at all.

Oh wow, so it was, my bad. I googled how to attend a match in FM19 and it directed me to this thread, just assumed it was current. It seems as though it may not be possible in FM19

1 hour ago, Blue Lou said:

It is possible but it has slightly changed in FM2019.

giphy.gif

(Ignore the Mexican logos, they're my own doing :lol:)

Hi Blue Lou, your screen looks very different to the one I posted above. I wanted to scout a Wolsfburg match so went to their schedule. Looks like you are selected fixtures from a league?

6 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You can still click on the dash (-) to attend.

6 hours ago, timbo1983 said:

Hi Blue Lou, your screen looks very different to the one I posted above. I wanted to scout a Wolsfburg match so went to their schedule. Looks like you are selected fixtures from a league?

Timbo1983, You can click on the dash (-) as Hunt3r mentioned, or on the schedule screen of the team you want to watch (Wolfsburg), click on the word friendly or the league if it is a league game and it will bring you to the screen that you saw from Blue Lou showing all the games for that day. From there you can follow how he is showing you to attend the game. I do it all the time. :)

Archived