Fullback Ratings.

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the ratings on fullbacks? Especially left backs.

I searched the forum and found some complaining about high ratings but mine is the opposite. They keep getting very low ratings. This is at many different clubs with many different players over a 10 year period in the game. My fullbacks always seem to struggle, mostly my left backs. I've paid plenty of money on trying to find a better left back but they all play the same and maintain very low ratings of 6.1 - 6.4.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else is having this issue as if I remember correctly there was a problem on FM15 with fullback ratings.

Thanks.

My leftback is the best player in the team... This season he is averaging 7.79 (after about 30 games in the BPL). And the previous two seasons his average ratings have always been above 7 too. I play him as an attacking wingback in the fullback position though... He´s responsibilities are more attacking related than defence, so maybe that helps.

Not played the game for a while due to this, turned it on had a couple of games with my fullback ratings being dreadful and turned it off again. They had this exact problem in the last FM. Will start playing it once they've fixed defending in the patch

I was in championship for two years and i was getting shredded playing offensive formations. In the second year i was close to missing the playoffs so i had a change of heart and went to a 4-4-2 which settled the problem a little. But instead it exposed my middle and put more pressure on my 2 center backs which most of the time were turned into standing obstacles for opposing attackers.

Each year i brought in new players at both positions (DL and DR) better than the ones I've had and it was useless. It seems that in attacking formations failure of having some cover in front your backs on the wings will only result in crossing mayhem. But adjusting one problem causes another.

It's and endless cycle and now that i'm in the premier league facing far more better players than mine i'm confused at what approach should i take. Tried looking at various topics and posts but there is no clear solution.

It seems that in attacking formations failure of having some cover in front your backs on the wings will only result in crossing mayhem. But adjusting one problem causes another.

If you use AML/R set them to support duty and they will provide cover for the FB's. Also if you push up there will be space behind your team that the opponent can exploit. It may be wise to drop your D-line.

It may also be an idea to use support duty on your full backs. That prevents them from getting caught out of position to often.

I always have the AML/R on support , at times if there is an opportunity to exploit the right side i used Barry McKay on attack. Had 9-10 goals from him coming from and attacking position other than inside forward.

Full backs in most cases i have them on defend hoping that they won't get overrun or out of position. If the full back was decent i would put in support. Had a good run with Carlos Edwards in League 1 but as soon as i was in the championship it all went away.

also D-line i always have it dropped , for the same reason: not get caught out of position. I do not close down as much because center backs in generally have a tendency to bunch up on one player and leave a channel open for the other striker or AM free to run and score.

The question that lies now is what to do with the defense and what system to play. 4-4-2 (AMR) which got me promoted in the last part of the season or 4-2-3-1 which had me going for the most part but went useles in the last months of the season and which i used only on overload or attacking in desperate times.

First order of business was to sell my 3 center backs as towards the end of the season none of the pairings worked and i had to rely on last minute loans from top premiership outfits to fill in the gap. Now i have 33 mil euro to spend and a lot of area to cover on the defense :)

• SI Staff

Hey there folks,

If anyone is experiencing unexpectedly low or high fullback ratings we'd appreciate some examples (PKMs) posted in the ME bugs forum, found here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Likewise for anything else you think may constitute a bug please do take the time to post in the appropriate bug forum, that way we can get looking into it for you.

Many thanks,

Seb.

I can't go back and look through my game because it has been over a 15 year period on my game. I just went back then and looked at different left back ratings I've had in the past and not many of them got over a 6.6 rating overall. Many have averaged around 6.3-.6.4 which is silly.

I'm too stressed out with the game currently and just don't want to load it back up so hopefully someone is currently having this issue and has some PKMs.

Archived