Franky's Blitz Tactic for FM16 (16.2)

I won't bore you with a 5 million word essay :lol: so will be keeping the write up as concise as possible.

THE BASICS

It's a counter attacking tactic with moderately high pressing, high tempo and an attacking mentality, designed to harrass and hurry the opposition, win the ball back as quickly as possible and hit them before they can recover. A standard 4231 formation that gets up to 5 men into the box and relies heavily on the full backs bombing forward and getting crosses in, usually aimed towards the on rushing Inside Forward on the opposite side. The other 3 or 4 players in the box often act as decoys by taking out the markers so that the Inside Forward can sneak in unmarked at the far post. On the whole, it's a fairly high scoring tactic. If you get a sending off, just sacrifice the Shadow Striker.

Blitz_for_FM16_31_1_16.jpg

TACTIC CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK........ http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09012194753482673253

THE PLAYERS

Back Four – Just your regular dudes here, although pace is important to allow the centre backs to recover as the marking is tight and if they don't possess decent pace/acceleration then balls over the top for quick strikers can be a problem. Full backs are on attack duty and it is imperative they are good crossers of the ball and have decent stamina/fitness. All must have decent tackling ability and best header of the two centre backs must be in the DCR position totake advantage of attacking set-pieces.

Centre Mid left (support duty) & Centre Mid right (defend duty) – Both need to be strong defensively as they will be protecting the back four. Your typical Makalele, Gattuso type. The more creative of the two should be in the MCL position as he'll be getting forward more to support the attacks, whereas the MCR will be sitting in front of the defence and recycling possession.

Complete Forward (support duty) - A creator of goals as much as a scorer, when not getting on the end of moves, he will look to play in the two Inside Forwards and the Shadow Striker. Needs to be strong as he'll be holding the ball up, waiting for them to make their runs before trying to put them through on goal.

Shadow Striker (AM centre) – Needs to a good finisher as he will find himself on the end of many of the moves that go through the centre of the park. Also needs to be fairly creative with good decision making ability as he'll have plenty of options when receiving the ball in deep areas.

Inside Forwards (support duty) – There's two of these guys, one on either flank. They'll look to get on the end of moves more so than the striker so good finishing is important. They also need to be creative as they will look to fashion chances for their team mates.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Due to it's highly attacking nature, the tactic is designed to maximize your attacking options and put teams to the sword, therefore use it only in matches where your team are favourites according to the pre-match odds. If the opposition are pre-match favourites then obviously such an attacking style of play can come unstuck. I WILL be developing a more defensive/away version for such situations and will upload it when ready.

FINAL WORD

Right, there you have it. FM has now evolved to the extent that the green circle tells you how suitable a player is for each role so the type of players needed is pretty self explanatory and even though I've provided some basic player information, you can no doubt get by without it.

You might want to manually check 'retain possession' and go to a counter or defensive mentality in order to protect a lead in the last 10-20 minutes of a game. Always ignore the assistant manager's advice regarding tactical changes as he just talks rubbish in my opinion.

I have spent a bit of time creating the tactic but haven't yet used it over a period of time.... that's where you guys come in so let me know how you get on. It's still 'work in progress' so your suggestions could help me evolve it further. I will be re-uploading the latest version as I see fit but will date the latest upload below in bold so as to keep things simple.

EDIT: Tactic re-uploaded with addition of 'exploit both flanks' to create more wide play, thus more crosses. Also, both Inside Forwards are 'sitting narrower', as well as both full backs 'staying wider' which creates better link up play between the FB's and IF's in addition to allowing the FB's a bit more space to create the opportunity for the cross. The attacking corner routine has been optimized and finally, the notorious 'get stuck in' option has been enabled to bully and unsettle the opposition. Yes, it will increase the amount of fouls and yellow and red cards but some of your opponent's more wimpish players won't fancy it and will go missing, allowing you to boss the game. Therefore on the whole, I think it's work the risk......... Tactic re-uploaded on 31/1/16.

Tactic re-uploaded with addition of 'exploit both flanks' to create more wide play, thus more crosses. Also, both Inside Forwards are 'sitting narrower', as well as both full backs 'staying wider' which creates better link up play between the FB's and IF's in addition to allowing the FB's a bit more space to create the opportunity for the cross. The attacking corner routine has been optimized and finally, the notorious 'get stuck in' option has been enabled to bully and unsettle the opposition. Yes, it will increase the amount of fouls and yellow and red cards but some of your opponent's more wimpish players won't fancy it and will go missing, allowing you to boss the game. Therefore on the whole, I think it's work the risk......... Tactic re-uploaded on 31/1/16.

Thanks Franky!

Best tactic ever.

I make a change...i´m playing Control instead of attack mentality.

I like to begin with weak teams and ligues, why? because is more real. A new coach should begin is carreer ins lower teams.

So i´m playing with PFC Pirin Blagovgrad.

EY6B9RF.png

I Achieve terminate in 1º place against all the odds.

20W

10D

4 L

Thank´s!

Franky,

In my second season and with the injured , 7 players i dont achieve the same results.

And i create my own tactic. Can i send to you and you make a test? with that a won the league again, the last 10 games, 7win 2 draw 1 defeat!

At my stadium i won the 5 games!

If you want to help me ...

Archived