Getting foreign regens.

Just need any possible help on this.

I am managing the Barcelona team. However, being Indian myself, I want them to produce a lot of Indian regens. So for example I would like to have 4-5 of the regens every year to be Indian.

Here is what I already have:

=>Replaced my HOYD with an Indian guy.

=>Hired a couple of Indian coaches.

=>Got an Indian scout.

Besides this, I am trying to get an indian affiliate, but the board has failed once.

My question is, amongs the backroom staff, which ones affect the number of foreign regens I get?

Note that I am not going to change anything in the editor(apart from using an equal rating database)

Ok I'll give you some tips from my experience.

- Keeping trying for an Indian affiliate. (Affiliates help bring in different nationality's more than any other source)

- Scout the Indian leagues and scout India as a country (This will add scouting knowledge of India to more of your scouts. Make sure 5-6 scouts are doing this. Not just 1)

- HOYD should have an impact too but some stuff's hardcoded into the game, especially with Barca's youth system (La Masia)

- Maybe try buy some Indian players, this could help also

Ok, so I have done this:

1 scout sent to india looking for a 4 star striker, midfielder and defender each(which they will never find)

1 more scout to get a general report from India.

Now, the I league is not active and setting it active would mean adding another 3000 odd players to an already overflowing 151000(recommended 125000) which already should include all players fromtop clubs in India(2073 players of Indian nationality, to be exact). Would that be enough, or do you suggest setting the Indian league active is a must?

Considering I cannot think of one single Indian player of worthwhile standing in the history of football, I really doubt Barcelona would be signing many Indians to their youth team regardless of your scouting and staff set up. The players simply wouldn't be good enough.

India is considered by quite a few as one of the worlds sleeping giants. Considering that I am using an equal youth rating database, and that India has one of the largest populations of the planet, I do expect to get quite a few. In fact there is already one starter in the squad. What I wanted is a full squad of India from Barca Youth Intakes ove half a decade. That did not seem to be happening so, I moved on after 3 years.

In the mean time, i managed to get India to world No 13 in FIFA Rankings, and to the round of 16 in the world cup, without any help from Barca(apart from that one player)

You can have interpretations, but I again repeat that in 1950, we were one of the favourites to win the world cup. Before that, we were even stronger, but could not take part due to British rule. Cricket only started in the 1970s, and killed other sports. But still, we have the third largest league by weekly attenance(NFL in America, Buldesliga and then ISL. That is, counting NFL as football

Considering I cannot think of one single Indian player of worthwhile standing in the history of football, I really doubt Barcelona would be signing many Indians to their youth team regardless of your scouting and staff set up. The players simply wouldn't be good enough.

I have an excellent madagascan gk regen on my fm15 Arsenal save

There is already the I league in India. The thing is, that in the past, i have added 2 200 PA 50 CA regens to India, but even after playing regularly in the league, AFC Cup and the national team, they do not go past ~100 CA and the media and backroom staff suggest that they need better challenges. On another previous save, I had created 2 very good Indian regens(this time without cheating) in Barcelona, but They never got called up to India. Instead, they switched Spain to their primary nationality, and one went on to become the spanish captain while the other was also a regular starter when I gave up. So this time I was the manager of India as well and wanted to get such regens again. Anyway, I had abandoned the idea after the first 4 posts, I am only trying to defend Indian Football now.

You can have interpretations, but I again repeat that in 1950, we were one of the favourites to win the world cup. Before that, we were even stronger, but could not take part due to British rule. Cricket only started in the 1970s, and killed other sports. But still, we have the third largest league by weekly attenance(NFL in America, Buldesliga and then ISL. That is, counting NFL as football

1950............66 years ago! Come on, I mean Hungary were a force in World football at one point too.

Archived