Diamond Dogs - Home & Away 442 Diamond Tactics

hg6NAFZ.png

Ok, settled on a final Home & Away set for the current patch.

We’ve gone for a narrow diamond.

The Wingbacks and the Advanced Playmaker are the main creative forces, the Strikers will bag the goals. All good.

Home form has been rock solid season after season so no worries here.

4rub3YJ.jpg

The Away form has been problematic but I have improved the points return considerably by producing a Counter Attacking version.

This is with my Maidstone side which I would consider firmly mid table. I don’t sign any foreign players and run with a ‘British only’ squad so I have no one rated ‘World Class’ or ‘Star Player’.

My first 11 is basically 3 ‘Leading’ Players for Premier League, 8 ‘Good’ players. Back ups are ‘Decent’ Premier League, ‘Leading’ Championship.

In other words, if you go flat out on the squad building you should ruin it.

Home tactic has been very high scoring (for this patch) and solid at the back, the Away tactic also produces a decent goals return whilst conceding a few more due to the Home ‘weighting’.

All in all it makes for great football to watch, you get the odd silly game where your Wing Backs keep providing ‘pin point’ crosses for your Strikers to ‘tap in’ but that’s the ME we have to work with.

Generally you will see a good mix of play including some excellent attacks through the middle.

Home Tactic is fairly Low tempo to make sure we dominate possession whilst having direct, attacking elements to make sure we stay on front foot and are relentless in our attacks. This is the tactic that was in the middle of my other thread.

Away we have an aggressive ‘spoiling’ tactic, Higher Tempo counter attacking aimed at knocking teams out of their stride then punishing them on the break.

Here you go.

HOME

twmIq0L.jpg

Home download: https://www.mediafire.com/?y52cb99td5okbri

AWAY

7MfPLBW.jpg

Away download: https://www.mediafire.com/?h4dd4592diwxdg5

NO OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

Poacher

Acceleration

Off the ball

Finishing

Composure

I’ve had really ‘one dimensional’ players do really well here, in other words out and out quick, composed finishers who have little else to offer have blossomed. Obviously if your striker is all of these things and brings other stuff to the table as well all the better. I toyed with having a ‘big guy’ here but have found your little guys with good balance/agility will run rings around defenders, especially useful in the Away tactic.

YDMobGV.jpg

My star Striker was injured for most of the season, this guy stepped up.

Deep Lying Forward

Passing

Vision

Finishing

Composure

I’ve always ended up playing a strong/dominant header here largely because of my policy of signing British only players, I can’t get the highly technical passers who would normally prosper here but there seems to a lots of Powerful British strikers available in my game.

Think either model would work here based on what your preference is and who is available. If you can’t get a technician, running with a big guy instead is fine as you can see by the return from mine.

MNe6G0H.jpg

Not the best technically but was a very consistent goal scorer from DLF position.

Advanced Playmaker

Passing

Vision

Flair

Technique

As you would expect, our AVP will see a lot of the ball, we want him picking out the Wingbacks as well as anyone in the box in space. Will dictate play at home and provide killer balls for the Strikers to run onto away from home. Should score a few as well.

wRiD4yF.jpg

Excellent goal & assist return from my AVP.

Box to Box

Work Rate

Team Work

Determination

Passing

The Engine of the team, popping up in opponent’s box one minute, defending his own the next. Needs to get through lots of work and be pretty selfless in his approach. Probably an unsung hero in this set up.

Ball Winning Midfielder

Tackling

Marking

Work Rate

Determination

The teams enforcer, win the ball and play it simple. Has a bit more licence to get forward at home and uses it well. When Away sits a bit more and protects. Strong mental and defensive attributes required here.

Half Back

Marking

Tackling

Decisions

Positioning

Sits and holds in front of the back 4. Snuffing out attacks before they build. At home will also support attacks, largely recycling possession. But with the Wing Backs pushing on needs to prioritise defensive duties.

Wingbacks

Crossing

Work Rate

Stamina

Acceleration

You main creators, get the right ones and you’re looking at 20+ assists a season each. Crossing is vital, you'll carve open defences. Never really had ‘stellar’ players here but the ones I have still do really well. If you get a ‘monster’ in these roles they should kill it.

8Kz8H6e.jpg

mggEDMH.jpg

Wing Backs = Assist Machines.

Centre Backs

Marking

Tackling

Jumping Reach

Acceleration

Quick centre backs are less essential in this set up but they are always much better than slow one's. As usual nothing fancy here just get the best you can get.

Goal Keeper

Aerial Ability

Reflexes

Handling

One on One's

As above, scout and get the best you can whilst ensuring they are good at the above.

Can you post the team instructions and any player instructions please as play on iPad

Team Instructions are visible on the Tactic images.

Players instructions for both tactics are standard unless detailed below.

GK: Distribute to fullbacks, roll it out

WB: Cross Aim Far Post

BWM: Shoot less often

Box to Box: Shoot less often

Deep Lying Forward: Shoot less often

Mr U Roswell one tactic next time, ok ???? And one more thing Fuss on 24.12.2015 died in a car accident, and he has ben buried with the pendrive with the new tactic to Football Manager. Rest in peace Fuss. Best tactic developer ever.

Away games remain difficult, stick with it and you should be able to get it going.

4 wins and a draw from my 5 Prem away games so far including at Man U & Tottenham. Draw in Barcelona, got gubbed in Bologna.

SkWRYdt.jpg

Mr Rosler, forgive me for my suggestion as I am no tactical 'pundit'. It is this. The 'Diamond Dog' pair are both set as fluid. I am reading that although fluid is compact it allows for more freedom. I am wondering whether or not using the 'more disciplined' option might improve the tactics.

Also, with a structured tactic, it is spreads the team out but restrains freedom, so using the 'more freedom' option might be beneficial. I'm probably wrong on both counts though. What say you?

Mr Rosler, forgive me for my suggestion as I am no tactical 'pundit'. It is this. The 'Diamond Dog' pair are both set as fluid. I am reading that although fluid is compact it allows for more freedom. I am wondering whether or not using the 'more disciplined' option might improve the tactics.

Also, with a structured tactic, it is spreads the team out but restrains freedom, so using the 'more freedom' option might be beneficial. I'm probably wrong on both counts though. What say you?

On the current ME how things are supposed to influence tactics and how they actually are not the same thing in my experience.

I've found fluid/very fluid to be the best option on all types of tactics on the current ME build.

The longstanding guides on the tactics forum although interesting and still useful can no longer be relied upon to build a solid tactic or tactics, only a lot of trial and error can do that.

On the current ME how things are supposed to influence tactics and how they actually are not the same thing in my experience.

I've found fluid/very fluid to be the best option on all types of tactics on the current ME build.

The longstanding guides on the tactics forum although interesting and still useful can no longer be relied upon to build a solid tactic or tactics, only a lot of trial and error can do that.

Thanks Mr Rosler, it's not often that I am right but I'm wrong again!

Hi Mr U Rosler, thanks for sharing your tactic, Im long time FM player but only play a bit when Ive got time, so I love to try out other peoples tactics.

I have tried this set with Arsenal, Im pretty impressed so far, from the start I went on a 10 match unbeaten run picking up some great results.

I find both home and away to be quite solid overall.

If anything I have noticed in a few games I seem to pick up an a lot of cards, at home against Sporting lisbon using the home tactic I lost 1-0, my team picked up 9 yellow cards and 2 of my players got themselves double booked.

Also away at Everton I was leading 2-0 only to concede 2 penalties later in the game to make it 2-2 also this game got a 1 red card and a few yellows.

All the offenders are the defenders or defensive midfielders.

Im guessing without checking you may have "get stuck in" or similar enabled, but maybe without some of these tactics the tactic overall might not be as solid at the back?

anyway great set of tactics you have.

thanks

Hi Mr U Rosler, thanks for sharing your tactic, Im long time FM player but only play a bit when Ive got time, so I love to try out other peoples tactics.

I have tried this set with Arsenal, Im pretty impressed so far, from the start I went on a 10 match unbeaten run picking up some great results.

I find both home and away to be quite solid overall.

If anything I have noticed in a few games I seem to pick up an a lot of cards, at home against Sporting lisbon using the home tactic I lost 1-0, my team picked up 9 yellow cards and 2 of my players got themselves double booked.

Also away at Everton I was leading 2-0 only to concede 2 penalties later in the game to make it 2-2 also this game got a 1 red card and a few yellows.

All the offenders are the defenders or defensive midfielders.

Im guessing without checking you may have "get stuck in" or similar enabled, but maybe without some of these tactics the tactic overall might not be as solid at the back?

anyway great set of tactics you have.

thanks

'Get stuck in' is only on the away tactic. If your picking up a lot of yellows at home you must be getting fussy referees.

Early season can be a bit crazy with some odd results, should settle down given a bit of time.

Poacher

Acceleration

Off the ball

Finishing

Composure

I’ve had really ‘one dimensional’ players do really well here, in other words out and out quick, composed finishers who have little else to offer have blossomed. Obviously if your striker is all of these things and brings other stuff to the table as well all the better. I toyed with having a ‘big guy’ here but have found your little guys with good balance/agility will run rings around defenders, especially useful in the Away tactic.

My star Striker was injured for most of the season, this guy stepped up.

Deep Lying Forward

Passing

Vision

Finishing

Composure

I’ve always ended up playing a strong/dominant header here largely because of my policy of signing British only players, I can’t get the highly technical passers who would normally prosper here but there seems to a lots of Powerful British strikers available in my game.

Think either model would work here based on what your preference is and who is available. If you can’t get a technician, running with a big guy instead is fine as you can see by the return from mine.

Not the best technically but was a very consistent goal scorer from DLF position.

Advanced Playmaker

Passing

Vision

Flair

Technique

As you would expect, our AVP will see a lot of the ball, we want him picking out the Wingbacks as well as anyone in the box in space. Will dictate play at home and provide killer balls for the Strikers to run onto away from home. Should score a few as well.

Excellent goal & assist return from my AVP.

Box to Box

Work Rate

Team Work

Determination

Passing

The Engine of the team, popping up in opponent’s box one minute, defending his own the next. Needs to get through lots of work and be pretty selfless in his approach. Probably an unsung hero in this set up.

Ball Winning Midfielder

Tackling

Marking

Work Rate

Determination

The teams enforcer, win the ball and play it simple. Has a bit more licence to get forward at home and uses it well. When Away sits a bit more and protects. Strong mental and defensive attributes required here.

Half Back

Marking

Tackling

Decisions

Positioning

Sits and holds in front of the back 4. Snuffing out attacks before they build. At home will also support attacks, largely recycling possession. But with the Wing Backs pushing on needs to prioritise defensive duties.

Wingbacks

Crossing

Work Rate

Stamina

Acceleration

You main creators, get the right ones and you’re looking at 20+ assists a season each. Crossing is vital, you'll carve open defences. Never really had ‘stellar’ players here but the ones I have still do really well. If you get a ‘monster’ in these roles they should kill it.

Wing Backs = Assist Machines.

Centre Backs

Marking

Tackling

Jumping Reach

Acceleration

Quick centre backs are less essential in this set up but they are always much better than slow one's. As usual nothing fancy here just get the best you can get.

Goal Keeper

Aerial Ability

Reflexes

Handling

One on One's

As above, scout and get the best you can whilst ensuring they are good at the above.

In terms of LLM, would you look for a decent level across all four stats, or prioritise a certain stat for each position at the expense of others? Currently in Conference North and looking at a level of around 10 for key stats.

In terms of LLM, would you look for a decent level across all four stats, or prioritise a certain stat for each position at the expense of others? Currently in Conference North and looking at a level of around 10 for key stats.

At that level you'd take any improvement over your current squad.

If you can get a quick poacher it would make big difference, Wing Backs who can cross and high work rate across midfield you'd be well set.

Yeah you're talking tripe here mate :D

The penalties keep costing me precious wins, playing in the National league in France with Beziers, and its tough going. Tactic isnt fully fluid yet though, I'm hoping once it does I'll start winning more.

Club is only semi-pro however, not sure if that makes a difference U Rosler

And then it turned into a train again

xFocZCS.png

I overhauled the squad using your team building tips, spent 2.43m on 16 players including loans. Media prediction was 24th.

Any tips for what individual training i should put players onto to improve their stats to match your set out requirements?

Anyway thanks for the tactic, I've had a blast onwards to see if i can survive in the premiership now.

Mr U Roswell one tactic next time, ok ???? And one more thing Fuss on 24.12.2015 died in a car accident, and he has ben buried with the pendrive with the new tactic to Football Manager. Rest in peace Fuss. Best tactic developer ever.

Not quite sure if this is real or someone being sarcastic??

So I started with Club Brugge on a new save.

Currently I'm just at the start of December and I'm not pulling up any trees but not languishing either.

I'm predicted 2nd and at the moment I'm 4th, although with a couple of games in hand.

Played 13 W7 D4 L2 G20 A10

Home W5 D2 L1 Away W2 D2 L1

I've stuck exactly to the tactics, fluid in both. Home used at home, away used away.

In Europe I unfortunately went out to Panathinakos in the 3rd round qualifying. Won 4-1 at home, lost return leg (using away formation) 3-0 so away goals did for me. Was gutted.

In Europa league I've got a winner takes all game against BATE coming up as Napoli/Krasnador are just above me.

I think the fact I only have a 3star keeper doesn't help. It's the lowest rating ability wise in my team.

Any suggestions to get me winning more I'd appreciate!

Archived