Has any one done this?

Untitled.jpg

this is my fourth season with qpr in the beginning won championship second one was 9th in the league then third was 5th and now the winner (knocked out from Europa league in quarter final by Stuttgart) :D

How are people doing this my biggest achievement is guiding Chelmsford to 14th place in conference south lol

I'll agree that it's probably something a lot of people have done, but is a lot more than some.

My biggest achievement is taking a Conference North/South side to League 2 and then struggling to stay up.

I won the league with Wrexham. There are people on these forums who have won the champions league with teams from Gibraltar (though thats beyond my skill level).

Winning the league with any team not fancied is always satisfying, and usually a lot of hard work. I always I used to spend 10-20hrs each pre season buying the right players and preparing my team lol

If you are enjoying your game, who cares what others do.

Totally agree with that.

I wouldn't take too much notice what people have or haven't done. Some are just very good players, whilst others may not play the game like you do, & use gamey tactics or cheats.

Yeah people play the game in different ways. there is no right or wrong way to play.(apart from your tactics if you are losing loads, obviously ;))

Can any LLM veterans share if they think it's harder this year to move up the leagues? Some of the youtubers I'm watching who are very accomplished have had problems even getting 1 promotion. I only started playing LLM this year and haven't managed promotion in 4 seasons in Vanarama South. Granted, I took over Dorchester Town who had only just gotten promoted to Vanarama.

I've read too that it's much harder to sign pretty much anyone worthwhile down in Vanarama North/South. Which is as it should be, just wondering if LLM folks feel it's more difficult.

I did something similar. I took a team from bottom league to Brazil to top flight and Copa champions.

I didn't spend a penny on transfers either. Picked up all my players through free transfers who were without a club.

I managed to take Margate up with back to back promotions from vns to league 2.. But as soon as I hit the leagues I was getting whipped weekly, kinda jumped a sinking ship and left midseason, they hired mick McCarthy and he took them into league 1 the following season

Last year i took Maidstone from the 8th tier to wining the trebble in 12 years from just using youth and loans until the EPL then only had to spend around £20m net (with massive amounts of scouting) to win everything. This year i took up a similar role with Sittingbourne in the 9th tier and am struggling to even get into the conference in 5 seasons. Much more realistic and satisfying when you do get a promotion.

English LLM this year is indeed a much harder adventure. One of the things to note is that back-to-back promotions could actually be a disaster. Over the years we got used to flying through the leagues, but now it's good to take a year or two to consolidate and prepare your squad for a proper promotion challenge.

If you get lucky and get back-to-back promotion, you will struggle massively because you'll end up with players suitable for two divisions below your current.

English LLM this year is indeed a much harder adventure. One of the things to note is that back-to-back promotions could actually be a disaster. Over the years we got used to flying through the leagues, but now it's good to take a year or two to consolidate and prepare your squad for a proper promotion challenge.

If you get lucky and get back-to-back promotion, you will struggle massively because you'll end up with players suitable for two divisions below your current.

I went flying with Boreham Wood fr.o.m. VNL to league one with back to back promotions..

Now my rep is still at VNL level and just got two players at the end of january that have league two quality, thery're my best players by far!

Can say I'm getting whipped every match almost and sometimes it's quite frustrating.

But still having a good time and hopefully next season rep will increase and my attendance will go higher than my 1700 currently..!

Can any LLM veterans share if they think it's harder this year to move up the leagues? Some of the youtubers I'm watching who are very accomplished have had problems even getting 1 promotion. I only started playing LLM this year and haven't managed promotion in 4 seasons in Vanarama South. Granted, I took over Dorchester Town who had only just gotten promoted to Vanarama.

I've read too that it's much harder to sign pretty much anyone worthwhile down in Vanarama North/South. Which is as it should be, just wondering if LLM folks feel it's more difficult.

Dont consider myself a LLM veteran, but I always play with Stockport and try to get them as high as possible(I like 'former big clubs' that dropped at least 3/4 levels). First season 2nd VNN, second season 1st VNN, third season 1st VNL, fourth season 1st L2(didnt expected this one though, was more aiming to avoid relegation), fifth season 7th L1, sixth season 1st L1.

* Started with 4-4-2, short passing and wide play from the beginning. Still on the same tactic. Only using sometimes a counter version. Only little tweaking during match.

* Last 3 season I had always one of the lowest salary expenses of the league were I was in, (had way more budget, but kept a limit for myself, because I wanted to invest in facilities) Now in championship and still under 2,5M a year on player salaries. For comparison, the number 23 on the list has the double of this budget.

So I didnt experienced the game to be harder then previous versions. (at least till now, fingers crossed :p)

I went flying with Boreham Wood fr.o.m. VNL to league one with back to back promotions..

Now my rep is still at VNL level and just got two players at the end of january that have league two quality, thery're my best players by far!

Can say I'm getting whipped every match almost and sometimes it's quite frustrating.

But still having a good time and hopefully next season rep will increase and my attendance will go higher than my 1700 currently..!

Is it a reputation issue or a financial issue? I'm in season 3 with Dover, currently in the League 2 playoff final in our first season in League 2. I haven't had a problem attracting players with League 2 and even League 1 quality, but I got a takeover in the summer that doubled my wage budget, bringing it in line with the rest of the league. (reputation is currently 1.5*)

yes ,but with underdog team, i think not many did this

I think you'll find it is actually quite common.

I've actually seen the AI win the league as underdogs even. In fact, I recall a thread where someone reported an AI Swansea winning the 2015/16 league title (in FM16).

Congrats on winning your first title, but there's no need for a brag thread.

Is it a reputation issue or a financial issue? I'm in season 3 with Dover, currently in the League 2 playoff final in our first season in League 2. I haven't had a problem attracting players with League 2 and even League 1 quality, but I got a takeover in the summer that doubled my wage budget, bringing it in line with the rest of the league. (reputation is currently 1.5*)

Maybe it's a money issue..

Just spent my whole transferbudget to get my only league two quality players, (€40k)..

But my mission is of course to eventually end up as PL winner someday..

Archived