Phantom Clauses?

ponchos

Just gone to the Transfer Clauses page to check out a plakyer and saw that the were 10 calsuses for a player I never knew I had. His history says he was at Wolves (me) for the 16/17 season and now is at Stoke for the 17/18 (current) season, and there are all these caluses. I don't remember him being in the youth set up, and even if I released him on a free, I've no idea why these caluses would be here. Anyone had anything similar or can explain what's going on!? Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

1fryatt.png

I could be wrong here but (I think) sometimes to add to realism or whatever before a player appears in a youth team there's a bit of a back story with his career and it adds things in. I didn't know it did that via clauses but i've seen it with the history page where they haven't ever actually played for that club but when they were 14-15 (and not in the game officially) they moved youth teams.

Just gone to the Transfer Clauses page to check out a plakyer and saw that the were 10 calsuses for a player I never knew I had. His history says he was at Wolves (me) for the 16/17 season and now is at Stoke for the 17/18 (current) season, and there are all these caluses. I don't remember him being in the youth set up, and even if I released him on a free, I've no idea why these caluses would be here. Anyone had anything similar or can explain what's going on!? Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

1fryatt.png

Similar thing happened to me on my current save. I took over Burnley at the end of the 2015/2016 season and found that the best youth product had joined Tottenham on pretty much exactly the same deal you have there! I was gutted, as he looked like a top notch youth product, who was easily going to be good enough for the EPL. He´s 19 now and still looking good :/

I'm not bothered he's gone, his stats are alright but rated at not a worthwhile signing now. Plus he's at Stoke who are now in the Championship so it's not like he's at a club who brings through great youngsters. Just wondering what the frig is going on!

It has been in the game for a few years now, Basically he was poached from your academy before he was old enough to appear in the u18's so you have these clauses as part of the deal. You can't stop it happening as it is done below game levels

I've only come back to FM this year, and the last one I had was FM14 and didn't notice then. Fair play though, thanks for the clarification :)

• 1 month later...
I could be wrong here but (I think) sometimes to add to realism or whatever before a player appears in a youth team there's a bit of a back story with his career and it adds things in. I didn't know it did that via clauses but i've seen it with the history page where they haven't ever actually played for that club but when they were 14-15 (and not in the game officially) they moved youth teams.

Yeah i have a player who I am sure started in my youth team but I have to keep paying Wigan 150k every 10 or 15 games.

Archived