The Predictability annoys me......anybody else?

2D in key highlights,

I've found the following to be more prominent in this years edition than any other......the predictability of knowing you are going to concede.

One of the bare bugs scenarios for me in particular is when you continuously get the chance to get the ball under control and spurn the chance several times in the middle of the park, resulting in the opposition inevitably breaking wide and scoring.

It just seems all to predictable for me, it may just be my cynicism, maybe it is or is anybody else finding this in this years edition?

Playing in 2D does leave more to interpretation, if you play in 3D the more detailed animations may give you clues as to why your players are struggling to control the ball.

Of course you could have players who have the finesse & fine touch of a sledgehammer.

2D in key highlights,

I've found the following to be more prominent in this years edition than any other......the predictability of knowing you are going to concede.

One of the bare bugs scenarios for me in particular is when you continuously get the chance to get the ball under control and spurn the chance several times in the middle of the park, resulting in the opposition inevitably breaking wide and scoring.

It just seems all to predictable for me, it may just be my cynicism, maybe it is or is anybody else finding this in this years edition?

It's been this way for a while, I know when I'm going to concede for instance if the extended highlights take you to the build up to the corner - you most likely won't score from the resulting corner, or from a second or third corner in a row. In this years version, either the AI is much more ruthless than previous versions and are scoring more as a result, or the match engine may tend to prefer to show you your sides highlights and not so much the AI's if they don't come to anything. I have watched games at time and thought I was relatively in control only to look at the match stats and see the AI having had 7 shots without any shown in the extended highlights mode. Not sure if anyone else has noticed or thought this but those are my hypothesise

If you watch on key or extended highlight then the sense of knowing what is coming is simply a statistical anomaly, as both options are restricted to important events the chances that a highlight will result result in a goal are significantly increased when compared to comprehensive highlights & I'd challenge anyone to predict that a goal will be scored when watching the full match.

It's been this way for a while, I know when I'm going to concede for instance if the extended highlights take you to the build up to the corner - you most likely won't score from the resulting corner, or from a second or third corner in a row. In this years version, either the AI is much more ruthless than previous versions and are scoring more as a result, or the match engine may tend to prefer to show you your sides highlights and not so much the AI's if they don't come to anything. I have watched games at time and thought I was relatively in control only to look at the match stats and see the AI having had 7 shots without any shown in the extended highlights mode. Not sure if anyone else has noticed or thought this but those are my hypothesise

Dont be an idiot, the match engine cant distinguish between you and the AI

If you watch on key or extended highlight then the sense of knowing what is coming is simply a statistical anomaly, as both options are restricted to important events the chances that a highlight will result result in a goal are significantly increased when compared to comprehensive highlights & I'd challenge anyone to predict that a goal will be scored when watching the full match.

And to be fair I've never watched comprehensive before either - that might be a starting point. thanks. :brock:

I would also advise people to watch the highlights in Full mode every now and then - honestly it does not take as much as you thought it would. I personally watch important games like rival games or cup finals in full mode. It definitely makes lots of difference.

It may be a real eye-opener, in terms of how much more like a real football game you are watching! Key highlights is like watching MOTD and trying to understand anything other than the result.

I do watch extended, but I will bump it up to comprehensive and see how that gets on...I'm surprised anyone has the time or patience to watch it in full :lol:

I often see non-tactical things as cues to change my tactics. Whenever my strikers miss glaring open goals, for example. A big omen for me is when my side just won't get possession, they'll tread on the ball, do that weird tripping up thing, tackle an opponent but then stand there while this opponent gets up and picks up where he left off. Same goes for clearances landing at the feet of an opposition player. Similarly, when opposition clearances are landing directly at the feet of one of my players I take that as a sign that we're OK, and we'll be scoring soon, but whenever it feels like the ball is glued to opponents, I start panic-tweaking.

DISCLAIMER:

I acknowledge that this is all very possibly magical thinking on my part, and not necessarily a flaw in the game.

Archived