The New American League System FM16

Hey guys I would like to present to you all my United States database. For this I have created several teams old and new that will be apart of the system. Pretty much this is mirrored to what is seen in England pretty much all the way through.

Format:

In this database the season runs from August to May. Yes that is right I have flipped the calendar so that the US is now on par with the majority of the soccer world with transfers and so on. If you are asking what about the weather don't worry many teams are in roofed stadiums if in the north plus there is a long winter break. There are currently nine playable levels with one being a feeder league. They are ranging from Professional to Amateur Clubs. I will be adding more as time goes on (after the transfer update as there will be new US Clubs in the database). Cup wise there are several new and old cups that are included. I will talk about that later on here. Also I will link my Canada database from earlier this year here. I have worked on things in it as well. Plus Champions League has been expanded. Big goal is to get to 1000+ in database. Database tested to 2045.

There is a 15 foreign player limit and no salary cap.

The 3 MLS Canadian Clubs are staying in the USOC and Puerto Rico Islanders will be another club in game that is in the system.

Famous clubs like Bethlehem Steel, Fall River Marksmen and Maccabi Los Angles are included along with a whole bunch of the original NASL Clubs. Indoor teams have joined as well and youth clubs from around the nation have became full time teams as well. Also hundreds of fantasy teams.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Sometimes clubs from different regions will be promoted to a league on the other side of the country. This is mostly in the US Club Soccer League (Level 9). So for example a club like Williamsburg International FC of New York could end up in the Cascadia Premier League (US Northwest).

STRUCTURE

Level I: American Premier League

20 teams (Current MLS sides)

Top two move to the CCL

Bottom 3 relegated

Level II: USL Championship

24 Teams

Top two promoted

Teams Placed 3-6 enter promotion playoff

Bottom 3 are relegated

Level III: USL League One

24 Teams

Top two promoted

Teams Placed 3-6 enter promotion playoff

Bottom 4 are relegated

Level IV: USL League Two

24 Teams

Top three promoted

Teams Placed 4-7 enter promotion playoff

Bottom 2 are relegated

Level V: USSF National League

24 Teams Semi pro

Top two promoted

Teams Placed 2-5 enter promotion playoff

Bottom 4 are relegated

Level VI: USSF National League Conference Division

42 teams (22 E and 22w)

Top team promoted

Bottom 4 are relegated

Level VII: NPSL

24 teams per region (Northeast, South, Midwest and West)

Top team promoted

Bottom 2 are relegated

Level VIII: NPSL Division One

22 teams per region (Northeast, South, Midwest and West)

Top team promoted

Bottom 4 are relegated

Level IX: US Club Soccer Premier (amateur League)

12 teams per 8 Leagues (Colonial, Cascadia, Rocky Mountain, Pacific, Central, Mid-American, Southern and Northeast)

Top team promoted

Bottom 2 are relegated

Level X: US Club Soccer Lower Leagues.

Over 300 teams in an unplayable feeder league

CUPS

USSF Soccer Bowl

Super Cup between winners of APL and USOC

Not playable until start of season two

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup:

736 clubs

Winner goes to the CCL

Supporters' Shield:

US Version of the League Cup

All teams from levels I-IV

Winner goes to CCL

USL Trophy:

US Version of the Paint Trophy

Levels III-IV

USSF Trophy:

US Version of FA Trophy

Levels V-XIII

National Amateur Cup

Version of the FA Vase

Levels IX-X

NPSL Region Cups

All NPSL clubs face each other in their respective region cups

Reserves/Youth

All reserves and youth are split into their four regions based off of what the USASA has in place and each team will be in a state league or a sub region state league

Screenshots

e9d49dae40aadb7e22d18f602e1308dc.png

673ab19e588fd8d97e7d25ce33cd9d44.png

aa940d9f5c65ad45bd2ea221a40df7df.png

15c7177f1a5b5791113e841d71e9258c.png

3701a53e71a3e50f4c81b94b1f1bb76b.png

PLEASE READ!!!\

All clubs in this database that have logos are from clubs in the extinct area of the database so some teams might have their old logo attached. To get rid of that go into your logos file and search the id and delete whatever is there and then go into preferences and reload skin.

Also a few of you have mentioned Indonesia. Those leagues were listed as extinct so I used those. If they are still saying Indonesia whatever it might be your name fix file. I use the Daniel one over on FM Scout.

Version 1.01 Notes

Got rid of the minimum of three players from club rule for each division.

Added a few more towns in game

Version 2.0 Notes

Changed some team ideas for easier graphics adding

Added graphics

New Clubs added to the us

Special Thanks

I would like to thank the follow people over at Sportslogos.new for letting me use their logos and team namesRaysox

Mockba (for his Minnesota concepts)

H11k for some of the Arizona teams in his Arizona Premier League Concept

JDP for his Stateside Soccer league concept.

Milo Bloom for letting me use some of his teams from his database

Graa for a few teams as well

Finally thanks to Uncle_Sam his idea of using the extinct clubs for creating teams with logos is the best idea ever and a huge time saver.

That's more awesome, mjk46! Is there a chance to make the unplayable feeder league to be loaded for update?

wkdsoul, will your database set to be released soon?

Sometime I'll be adding more teams as time goes by so there will be more levels added to the bottome but for now that division will be just for all unplayable teams that will become playable as they have a chance to move on up each year.

I'm just finishing off my USA database (created the NFL & NBA teams to go with dim13' created NFL/MLB teams).

This look great congrats. :)

Thanks if you want to use some team names just pm me and everything will be good!

are the clubs reputations still the same?

Yeah all current clubs reps are the same. Newly created clubs are based off of what the median number of their division is but in levels 9-10 all clubs are either 100 or 200

Great work just what I was looking for. Thank You. But I have just noticed 4 of the leagues in the pyramid are using the indonisian league names is this a problem I have created or have I missed something?

Ok I used a few of the defunct Indonesian leagues so maybe it is your real name file that is effecting it. I quickly looked over all the leagues in game and didn't have any of those showing up. If you are interested I am using Daniels from FMScout

It's more than ever! Will a chance to have a world project soon after you complete this? It will be more greater than before by expanding this project to Mexico and the Caribbean!:brock:

Nope just keeping it US and Canada only.

Ok, I'll appreciate it. I can do my American system in my own parallel universe soon.:) The Betlehem Steel FC has already its new logo. Will you change it in the next update? Also, since the Statewide Soccer Federation is composed of 50 teams, then will they join to US Club Soccer Premier? The Minnesota and Arizona concepts should have their teams completed in the Level 10. So, how many teams in each state league (the lowest league in this system)?

Ok, I'll appreciate it. I can do my American system in my own parallel universe soon.:) The Betlehem Steel FC has already its new logo. Will you change it in the next update? Also, since the Statewide Soccer Federation is composed of 50 teams, then will they join to US Club Soccer Premier? The Minnesota and Arizona concepts should have their teams completed in the Level 10. So, how many teams in each state league (the lowest league in this system)?

First off not to sound like a dick but dude stop trying to tell me how to run my database. in not doing 50 state leagues for level 10 that's just too much.... I notice you are wanting people to do their own work and give it to you to "release" as your own. Why don't you make your own from scratch instead of leaching off of others hard work. Like I appreciate people giving me ideas for clubs or adding cities in the game but the way you want things is too demanding.

I don't have all concepts through the guys from the sportslogos community because that's how I wanted it. Secondly this is the original BSFC not the fake philly B team version so I am keeping the old logo.

Sorry, my bad. I apologized of my mistake.

Whatever dude. I don't see any apology at all. You need to learn everyone works hard in this section and it gets annoying when people start demanding things just because they want something the author doesn't have or want in their database. I'm actually thinking of pulling this down because your constant demanding has pissed me off so much. Now if you were using it and pointing things like the guys above with the league name thing that would be cool but you don't as all you do is why is this not this or that and do this for me...

I'm sorry for being harsh but it seems you just don't get it.

Ok I used a few of the defunct Indonesian leagues so maybe it is your real name file that is effecting it. I quickly looked over all the leagues in game and didn't have any of those showing up. If you are interested I am using Daniels from FMScout

Ok thanks for letting me know, good work anyway mate looking forward to using it.

At the country loading screen, Canada is replaced with a little warning symbol that says " Team Found in the Canadian Soccer League with the wrong nation set" It will not allow me to even load the league because of it.

Hmm check if you have other edited files set. I just read this and reloaded the database and didn't get that notification. Try to even clear cache. Let me know what is going on and I'll see what I can do for you!!

I already removed it and am trying the other US DB on these forums. I will give this one another shot next time I start a new save. Thanks for the quick reply, was not expecting it, which is why I decided to just try the other one. Sorry for the bother.

I already removed it and am trying the other US DB on these forums. I will give this one another shot next time I start a new save. Thanks for the quick reply, was not expecting it, which is why I decided to just try the other one. Sorry for the bother.

No worries man!! Glad you were giving it a check and I appreciate people letting me know there might be an error so I can fix the issues!

hey mjk. nice database. just a few questions. is this CCL uefa champions league? if y how does this work in next season becuase there are already so many games in American Premier League. one more thing is international games. so many times players are not in team becuase of int games.

hey mjk. nice database. just a few questions. is this CCL uefa champions league? if y how does this work in next season becuase there are already so many games in American Premier League. one more thing is international games. so many times players are not in team becuase of int games.

Yes the CCL is like UEFA only major difference is cup winners are included. So in the US the top two from the APL are automatically in, the winner of the USOC and the winner of the Supporters' Shield make it. On international are you talking Champions League or the US Leagues?? For the US I have the APL as check all for clashes and the rest are domestic only. There was no option available for the CCL and I was using dates close to the UEFA version. There might be a fix for that in advanced editor but I never use the advanced.

Yes the CCL is like UEFA only major difference is cup winners are included. So in the US the top two from the APL are automatically in, the winner of the USOC and the winner of the Supporters' Shield make it. On international are you talking Champions League or the US Leagues?? For the US I have the APL as check all for clashes and the rest are domestic only. There was no option available for the CCL and I was using dates close to the UEFA version. There might be a fix for that in advanced editor but I never use the advanced.

i am talking about international country games where your players from squad go to play for country and then they are not back in time for league game so u have too play without them. i am still in the middle of first season so i dont know how will this be for next season when even more games are there with champions league games. and to make 4 place for american teams in champions league wich country lost they places?

i am talking about international country games where your players from squad go to play for country and then they are not back in time for league game so u have too play without them. i am still in the middle of first season so i dont know how will this be for next season when even more games are there with champions league games. and to make 4 place for american teams in champions league wich country lost they places?

I am not really following what you are saying with the back in time thing as it happens and you will have to deal with it and use your backups (that happens at times in real life so I don't see a problem with that). No country lost their place I pretty much added countries as there are only 24 in real life. Below is a screenshot on the real US berths to the competition so I pretty much changed out the Eastern/Western winner to be the second place team. The APL winner replaces the old MLS Cup winner and the USOC and SS stay the same.

c80c2a446304f5db7468be3944275a31.png

Really enjoying this.Thank you for the hard work. Question though, is anyone else having issues with setting up affiliates? In 3 seasons with DC United, the board has failed to find a junior affiliate every time I have asked, and I have looked.. Hardly any of the lower league teams have any senior affiliates. It failed to arrange one when I picked a club myself as well.

Really enjoying this.Thank you for the hard work. Question though, is anyone else having issues with setting up affiliates? In 3 seasons with DC United, the board has failed to find a junior affiliate every time I have asked, and I have looked.. Hardly any of the lower league teams have any senior affiliates. It failed to arrange one when I picked a club myself as well.

Could it be that DC has enough affiliates at the moment? I was able to pick one up with no problem in a save I did.

Could it be that DC has enough affiliates at the moment? I was able to pick one up with no problem in a save I did.

No, I took them over after they were relegated so they dropped the affiliates they had. Just one senior affiliate and the academy now. Probably just bad luck.

How do the Club reps improve over time? Does the American Premier League get to the point that it can compete against the big clubs in Europe?

Correct. The clubs will rise over time. It can take a little over a decade to become on par with Europe and usually within the first 5-6 in North America.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First off, many thanks to you mjk46 for this league!

Unfortunately for me, I just bought the FM16 recently and it automatically updated to 16.3.... but it didn't install any previous database updates. Your league will not load on either the original or 16.3 database. So currently I'm out of luck on this custom league.

I will patiently await your next update while I play around with the other USA leagues around here!

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that I will not be updating for the new version for a few reasons. First I have been way too busy in my personal life lately and I haven't had much time for FM in the last month. Secondly the update really messed with a lot of things and due to the first reason I will not be updating it anymore. I might come back for FM17 but who knows.

Thanks to all who have played this and all that.

Mods could you either lock or delete my thread! Thanks.

I noticed that this league and Uncle_Sam's custom USA league was both affected by the 16.3 update.

By looking at the nature of errors we're getting (too many/too few teams), I'm guessing that this may have something to do with the recycling of unused teams from extinct leagues, since both of you were doing this to create new US teams. It's possible that the 16.3 update may have either removed or changed those teams in the database.

If this is the case, and the fundamental structure of your custom leagues is still intact, then maybe this league can be salvaged...

Thoughts?

I noticed that this league and Uncle_Sam's custom USA league was both affected by the 16.3 update.

By looking at the nature of errors we're getting (too many/too few teams), I'm guessing that this may have something to do with the recycling of unused teams from extinct leagues, since both of you were doing this to create new US teams. It's possible that the 16.3 update may have either removed or changed those teams in the database.

If this is the case, and the fundamental structure of your custom leagues is still intact, then maybe this league can be salvaged...

Thoughts?

I, for one, really hope these files can be rescued. They're both a lot of fun, and their creators put a lot of time and effort into them.

Archived