Stargazing 424 Counter

I was asked for a flat 442 and this was a further development of those tactics, so I have not tried with a DM. However my other tactics 41311, Dambusters and Oxford all use a DM type player and I would try the 41311 control.

Hahaha, my god! I've just finished a new custom Scotland setup for me to lose time in, started a new game with Aberdeen and thought I would give your tactic a shot as I quite liked your 41311 tactic.

Not even remotely fluid yet, first game:

Capture.png

Well I had a very successful season with Aberdeen:

Capture.jpg

Mostly used the 424

Used the 442 when trying to hold onto a narrow lead or when I was a major underdog.

Used Damn busters when I wanted to either control the game (1/2-0 up against a better team) or away when not the clear favourite.

This season has started very well too. Will post some midseason pics over the weekend.

If anyone wants a flat 442 pts 155 for 201 against 39 I will try to put up tonight. I was testing the 442 in lower league but had a game crash, so will need to restart.

I just signed up to say that I have tried many many tactics on FM16, and the original one posted in this thread (the 4-2-4) is working incredibly well with Arsenal. Mid March and I'm top of the league, unbeaten all season, have won the Carling Cup and am still in the Champions League and FA Cup.

I use Sanchez and Ozil in the IF roles, as well as Chamberlain. Gibbs/Debuchy can also do a decent job there.

I rotate Walcott/Campbell/Embelo/Welbeck/Giroud up front, slotting them into the IF roles when Sanchez/Ozil need a rest.

I find that it's easy to rotate with having 2 F9s up front and 2 IF's on the wing. These positions seem to suit Arsenal's squad.

Bellerin is amazing in the right wing back position winning Young POTM almost every month, and Monreal does a fine job at LB (though I've signed Jorge, who seems to be perfect for this tactic too.

I'm regularly winning games by large scorelines, conceding infrequently, and everyone has a 7.5+ average rating for the season.

If I absolutely had to pick 1 negative thing about the tactic it'd be the amount of yellows, although I don't mind that since it's such an attacking creative tackle, the odd 1 game ban is manageable.

So yeah, after months of frustration thank you for creating a tactic that lets me enjoy this game but doesn't require 4 strikes or something silly :)

Edit - If you want a screenshot of anything specific let me know and I'm happy to help

Might mix it up and give that a crack next season, though it's going to be tough switching from this! 3 games to go, so lets see :)

QpZGKO0.jpg

Update - Well got knocked out of the Champions League but am up against Chelsea in the FA Cup Final, having already beaten them in the Carling Cup final and Charity Shield :)

xpdXk0A.jpg

Edit - Beat Chelsea 4-0 in the FA Cup final :) Unbeaten in the league all season, and a treble!

I`m using this tactic with my Birmingham side first season and I am unbeaten in the league which is up to 42 games now and have won the carling cup this is with a team with no stars after gray left for Leicester this my team

gk rossbach{free)

rb caddis

lb guiherme[free ex Steaua player

cb morrison

cb cadamuro (free)

cm Kieftenbled/ekeng

cm davis /vass(400k)

if j.valencia (free)/lizarao(free)

if cotterill/maghoma

f9 vaughan

f9 donaldson/cummings

went unbeaten for the whole league campaign that's 46 games brilliant tactic

This tactic 4-2-4 counter is awesome. Just won Champions League with SL Benfica on first season, besides domestic League, Cup and Supercup.

Completly astonishing performance. Congrats Knap !

that's great man! can you post a SS of your team stats (goals assists rating etc) please?

I've been using the 424 Counter in my Stockport save having struggled to get out of League 2. Got promoted via the play offs at the first attempt and then won League 1 in my first season up! Looking forward to see what I can do in The Championship.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Touch just not the full fat game? As I was using another laptop away from home I tried the touch version and found I could import tactics.

PIs for every player plus corners ets.

I tend to use same TIs and same back 4 settings and they are in Oxford thread, together with Corners. I will have to check on other positions but usually TM, THard and close down more.

The "Stargazing 4-2-4" is amazing, i'm surprised anyone is using anything else :eek:

Tests so far

West Ham - Season 1 (transfer window closed) finished 3rd

West Ham - Season 2 Got only £1.6M to spend finished 4th

West Ham - Season 3 finished 1st

Sunderland - Season 1 finished 3rd

Sunderland - Season 2 finished 1st

Best tactic I've tested in years.

Will probably be ruined by the patch.

You tactic is great, my Leicester plays beautiful football, the problem is that I miss so many changes during the game... its start to get annoying, every game I have the feeling I could win for like 5-0. I always suffer goals from counter-attacks, because despise the mentality its counter, my team never counter, always control the game, seems like Bayern or Barça lol

Archived