New Stadium Issue.

Ok so I just got promoted to the Premier League this season when I got promoted to the Championship a season before that my club decided to build a new Stadium. The problem is they only built a 5000 seat stadium with expansion potential of 10000. So now I am in the Premier League with no chance of meeting the minimum requirement of 12500. So what happens now will I have to ground share for 2 decades while I wait for the ability to build another stadium?

• SI Staff
Ok so I just got promoted to the Premier League this season when I got promoted to the Championship a season before that my club decided to build a new Stadium. The problem is they only built a 5000 seat stadium with expansion potential of 10000. So now I am in the Premier League with no chance of meeting the minimum requirement of 12500. So what happens now will I have to ground share for 2 decades while I wait for the ability to build another stadium?

Hey there,

When did the board announce this stadium was to be built, the summer before the Premier League season began?

As Barside says, if you have a save just before the stadium is announced that would be great. Could you please open up a post here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues - along with uploading any relevant save to our FTP. Details on uploading here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441296

Cheers,

Seb.

I'm not sure how forced the minimum stadium thing is? I got Salford promoted and at the time we only had 2,000 seat stadium....the board expanded it to 4,000 which completed a few months into season 1.

I think I recall a message about the board delaying meeting the requirements for a season to see if we stayed up.

Anyway I stayed up and asked the board to expand the stadium, they have gone all out (ahem) and are now expanding it to a massive 6,000 seats.........hmmm. The max this ground can be expanded to is 12,000.

Think this is well and truly bugged.

My Maidstone team have now been in the Prem for 4 years and we have a stadium which can hold 5000.

They are steadily converting terracing to seats 100 at a time. i.e it takes them a year to do that then they announce they are converting another 100 seats which will take another year.

Must be the same builders i used on my house :lol:

Oddly enough, we qualified for the Euro Cup and for some reason our home games for that competition were held at Southends ground and we were getting 20,000+.

We are still using our own crappy stadium for all premier league fixtures though.

They have just announced they are expanding from 5000 to 5900 which is the grounds maximum capacity.

They will likely add the extra 900 capacity as terracing then spend the next 9 years converting that terracing to seats 100 at a time before i will be able to suggest we build a new stadium.

Hugely tedious.

• SI Staff

Hey Mr U Rosler,

I believe in a previous thread where you mention this issue I replied asking if you had a save: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/448749-2-seasons-in-Premier-League-Ground-capacity-is-4-000

If you do, ideally before the stadium is announced by the board (although I understand you may no longer have this), could you please upload it to our FTP? I would very much like to take a look.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hey Mr U Rosler,

I believe in a previous thread where you mention this issue I replied asking if you had a save: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/448749-2-seasons-in-Premier-League-Ground-capacity-is-4-000

If you do, ideally before the stadium is announced by the board (although I understand you may no longer have this), could you please upload it to our FTP? I would very much like to take a look.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb, bit reluctant to upload a save as last time when downloading the third party software required i got so much malware i had to format my hard drive to get rid of it.

My laptop is very temperamental, i've finally got it running well and don't want to mess it up!

If you're using Windows there's no need to install FileZilla, you can setup a link to the FTP server via explorer.

Edit: Tried to post a link to Microsofts how to page but my phone is not playing ball, a Google search will see you right.

• SI Staff

My apologies that you found that to be the case. May be worth opening up a post in our technical forum on the subject.

Is there a file hosting site you would be comfortable using? I understand if not, but your example is one I would very much like to have a look at due to the difficult nature of recreating that situation internally.

Cheers,

Seb.

Archived