Oxford diamond

I was trying to set up a tactic based on the old Oxford style formation which produced good results in testing. Then while watching the Dam Busters film I came up with a wide diamond formation that also gave good test results.

These are the results from using the wide diamond Dam busters tactic with Spurs and Newcastle, using the original squads. The tactics are aimed at a 6th place team and are for 16.2. There are no OI's and the assistant does all other legwork including training. I do not use SUS tactics. I also use quick pick and then rotate as necessary. The last screenshots just show what can happen when using a player not suited to a role, Although not using these tactics (should be available soon), this is Dan Holman not a CF support with Woking 2nd game using tactic.

These are fun plug and play tactics used over the Christmas Holiday.

The Dam Busters

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oaci6t666b6r3a2/%21%21%21FM16.2The_Dam_BustersP157F182A47widediamondCCCBEST_E88D063D-519C-4571-886F-0FBA1A852EE4.fmf

Oxford

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q1777ap9znnlu6l/%21%21%21FM16.2OXFORDP154F176A50_5F5C877A-DFC6-4E30-AC83-3DBE7D0CD726.fmf

Half season with Spurs using Oxford

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-7_zpsga2qvya1.png

Tactics_%20%20Overview-6_zpstddjkhbt.png

Dambuster

Competitions_%20%20Competitions_zpsz4jrzhdi.png

Tactics_%20%20Overview-2_zpsf1zm4fin.png

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-3_zpsmfq06ryp.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players_zpsh6shf9ts.png

Tactics_%20%20Overview-3_zpshmzzdntf.png

Woking

Woking%20v%20Bromley_%20Tactics%20Team%20Talk_zpsf3p0yxmy.png

Woking%20v%20Bromley_%20Stats%20Match%20Stats_zpsfebejkqx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Is it the same ME?

As all players have PIs plus corners etc that would be a lot of screenshots, and this is just 1 of so far 22 plug and play tactics which are constantly evolving.

This is the best tactic I have come across you should rename it the diablo, I have just won the league in the 1st season with aston villa on a budget off nothing thank you so much

wich one?

the ox looks fun with 2 AM's. after all the succes i had with Knap's 424 i might try this one tomorrow.

really liked the look of this for my West Ham save, but its followed the identical pattern to every other single tactic ive built or downloaded. Looks good for 3 or 4 games and we play well, this one in particular had encouraged some lovely interchanges amongst the AMs and the striker, some really lovely goals.

But, then, as usual, we go on a horrible run of not playing well and losing constantly, all the fluidity has gone, until i switch the tactic up again.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Thinking it might just be time to knock this edition on the head.

This is a tactic I used in 16.1 but updated and retested in 16.2. It is a 451 counter and may work for a team like West Ham.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6w5jyvnttw5fnm9/%21%21FM16.2Knap451CounterAttackp150f138a32_A31A7826-4EF1-4880-B21C-1C6319E5A921.fmf

Also you could try 442 midsomer counter when favourite, and switch to Stargazer BWM 4231 with 2 deep defensive midfielders when underdog.

thanks for the suggestion, cant download any tactics though as im on fm touch.

Also was really hoping to break the cycle to be honest. Im into my 3rd seasons at the moment and ive had to develop or download a new tactic every 2 to 3 months as, as i say, we play well for a few games and then go on a terrible run for twice as long.

The screenshots are from Oxford. Dambuster is just moving from AM to SS.

The Europe league is harder than the testing league I have been using, as against top quality sides. However, the testing league is 60 games, so more than a season of results.

It is also probably a good idea to use a SUS tactic for late in game to defend a lead. For a SUS tactic, put WBs to defend and pull AMs back to CM spot.

Started a Spurs game with the Oxford tactic... was a bit disgruntled when I was 2-0 down at home to Leicester at half-time in the first league game, but came back to win that 4-3 followed by a 2-0 win at Stoke and a 3-0 home battering of Man United. Looks a great tactic, getting a hell of a lot of chances whilst keeping it pretty tight at the back (after that first half!) Thanks knap!

Complete season testing showed an increase in tactic performance by using the additional team instructions.

I lost in FA Cup to Wolves, so losing to Real Madrid I would accept as reasonable, as you need a bit of luck in cup competitions.

Complete season testing showed an increase in tactic performance by using the additional team instructions.

I lost in FA Cup to Wolves, so losing to Real Madrid I would accept as reasonable, as you need a bit of luck in cup competitions.

agree on the luck factor for cup. well done on your tactic. great sharing . thanks knap

So you think that you should use as many instructions as you feel nesc? rather than using a rule of thumb of say "no more than 10 team instructions"? Just use however many you think you need?

de96abf55d5ef65302cc528bd64b95c7.png

Ran a holiday test with liverpool using the oxford diamond, this was the result - although most of the loses seem to be from away games - ALOT of CCC created throughout the season and alot of 60% possession games to.

As above my questions more related to the amount of team instructions which id love an answer from you about or at least your opinion on using more of less or whatever.

This is a tactic I used in 16.1 but updated and retested in 16.2. It is a 451 counter and may work for a team like West Ham.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6w5jyvnttw5fnm9/%21%21FM16.2Knap451CounterAttackp150f138a32_A31A7826-4EF1-4880-B21C-1C6319E5A921.fmf

Also you could try 442 midsomer counter when favourite, and switch to Stargazer BWM 4231 with 2 deep defensive midfielders when underdog.

iv noticed that your team instructions on this tactic are basically all the same besides tempo and lower/whipped crosses between the two tactics - is this just what instructions you have found work best throughout or just the way you want your team to play?

Holiday test is not worthwhile.

You can either use TI or PIs in a number of cases, but to start easier to use team. Many years ago I did often just use team instructions with sliders. The instructions were developed on 16.1 as the most effective and the tactics were tested in 16.2 with same TIs. Having developed a system that works, its easier just to gradually tweak but probably more of a change from Oxford to Stargazer. The 451 is the only 16.1 tactic I used with Woking posted here.

Holiday test is not worthwhile.

You can either use TI or PIs in a number of cases, but to start easier to use team. Many years ago I did often just use team instructions with sliders. The instructions were developed on 16.1 as the most effective and the tactics were tested in 16.2 with same TIs. Having developed a system that works, its easier just to gradually tweak but probably more of a change from Oxford to Stargazer. The 451 is the only 16.1 tactic I used with Woking posted here.

You never really limited your team instructions to below a certain number either then??? Like i said i always used as a rule of thumb no more than 10 team instructions but your using 18 to great effect obviously!

have you got the stargazer link for me to have a look at that?

i noticed that in oxford, there are alot of shoot less often player instructions - is this to try and limit the amount of long shots?

one thing i did notice though - is that the two in the oxford diamond behind the striker, the left player had no shoot less often player instruction but he (firmino) scored 22 goals in the season yet coutinho (the right sided player behind the forward) only scored 8 goals for the season, but coutinho did weigh in with 17 assists compared to 8 for firmino.

Stargazer thread.

If team instructions are there why not use them. If a tactic worked with none, I would use none. I always start with none and then just go with the flow.

In general shoot less improves tactic but sometimes variety gives a better end result.

Stargazer thread.

If team instructions are there why not use them. If a tactic worked with none, I would use none. I always start with none and then just go with the flow.

In general shoot less improves tactic but sometimes variety gives a better end result.

true - one other question is regarding you using narrow alot, all or most of your tactics seem to use "play narrow" any reason for that?

il get something sorted, iv only really one im confident in using upto now - i want to re-create a conte style tactic from his juventus days.

I was more interested to hear what yo uhad to say about changing the roles in your oxford diamond setup, does it ruin the way it plays if i change some roles?

Dambuster is a change of roles from Oxford but I've probably played 300 games with those tactics. If you change roles then you are in untested territory but it may work.

Archived