Project Invincible - Recreating the Arsenal Invincibles

Im also very much on the same page as you with the instructions etc - my only gripe is that arsenal did tend to run at opposition quite a bit on the counter, i remember pires driving forward with the ball, henry running at defences and viera driving forward to.

I think it's important to remember that they didn't prioritise this, if the opportunity was there to dribble forward they would, but it is not something that defined this side. I think that what truly defined this team was their unwavering confidence in each others ability to do what the team required them to do at that particular moment. Whether that was a longer ball from the defenders, Pires or Henry dribbling or just excellent passing and movement in general.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the RPM is a very underrated or even misunderstood on FM for some reason. I think some avoid it due to not understanding what it does. The simplest description would be, imagine a B2B but more creative and that's basically the RPM.

AKA Paddy Viera/Steven Gerrard would be the ideal RPM in my eyes?

In the second post you refer to a load of PPMs that the original players had that you want to repeat. I notice that a lot of them can be replicated using player instructions. Why not use player instructions rather than search for a host of PPMs?

In the second post you refer to a load of PPMs that the original players had that you want to repeat. I notice that a lot of them can be replicated using player instructions. Why not use player instructions rather than search for a host of PPMs?

PPM's are an extension of a players personality and are moves he likes to do, that's why. An instruction is just that, an instruction. They can still be ignored, PPM's won't and I need players to do these things often when they believe the time is right for that particular move.

• 2 weeks later...

Been setting up a tactic after reading and got inspired of this thread. Have some problems though.

-Find it very hard to get the d-line right, often the opponent can pass around just outside my box citing that I am too deep so i push up to higher dline. Still I find out that the opponent easy dominates possesion and push my team deep.

- There is too big of a gap between my midfield and forwards, my forwards get isolated.

- My forwards dont get the support they need, when they get the ball there is no one to pass the ball too. The other forward is marked and my midfield is too far away. thinking this maybe has to do with tempo, playing with higher tempo rushes the ball to the forwards but the midfield doesnt have enough time to give support. Could this be right?

My TI: counter flexible; higher tempo, pass into space, roam from pos, be more expressive

Team: cwb a cd cd wb s wp s rpl cm d wm a cf s dlf s

PI: cd: mark tighter, wp s:dribble more, wm a: cut inside, dribble less. The other players:none

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, Cleon said:

thank you very much :) ,also i have asked you long time ago in another thread also if you could make pics availabe.

this one 

if you could do also this please would be amazing,

thanks again :) 

3 hours ago, bere23 said:

thank you very much :) ,also i have asked you long time ago in another thread also if you could make pics availabe.

this one 

if you could do also this please would be amazing,

thanks again :) 

I can't find them for that. I have them somewhere but I have thousands of files and not sure where they are. 

• 2 weeks later...