Created home kit doesn't show up but away kit does

el sid

Hello, facing a bit of a weird problem. Created a couple of custom kits for use, the home kit doesn't show up in the game and only the away kit does. Both of them are 200 X 200 and if I swap their names, again the home kit doesn't show up and the away kit does, so the problem isn't with the image itself.

config.xml is inside Documents/SI/FM16/graphics/kits/Marine along with the kits named home.png and away.png (so totally there are 3 files inside the folder)

This is how my config.xml looks

<record>
*SNIP*
<list id="maps">
	<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="home" to="graphics/pictures/team/682/kits/home"/>
	<record from="away" to="graphics/pictures/team/682/kits/away"/>

</list>
</record>

Have tried clearing cache, reloading skin, unticked the use cache option

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

I think I'm having the same kind of issue. I've got a lot of custom kits and logos and some just don't show up for no good reason whatsoever. For some clubs the small logo will show while the standard logo doesn't, some the home kit will show while the away kit doesnt. I've tried everything from the whole reloading the skin clearing cache business to even clearing and rebuilding the jersey and colors in the database. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Check the editor to see if they have a year or special home kit set, if they do you'll have to add the year to the end of the config line (though there is a chance that trick no longer works as I think the last patch in FM15 disabled it to get the cardiff kits working)

I don't see any difference between the home and away kits in the editor

Home kit screen

2LZEtnA.png

Away kit screen

WaV2WI0.png

From what I remember (when the issue started appearing a couple of years back) its due to the way that the researcher has entered the kit details into the datbase (they use a different editor) which stops the game from linking an image to the kit, deleting and recreating the kit solves the problem for new save games.

It might be possible to fix it using an unofficial in-game editor (if there is one around for FM16 - you cannot use the official one as from what I understand using that stops the adding of a custom kit image) that allows you to modify the kit (you might need to delete and re-create it rather than just adjust it).

You can also raise the issue in the bugs forum incase it's something SI can fix in a patch without needing to start a new game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived