FM16: Getting the capital to the top; Hertha BSC Team Guide

HotspurWay

Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

Club Name: Hertha Berlin

City: Berlin

League: Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 16th (Relegation Play-off Spot)

Nickname: Die Alte Dame

So Hertha Berlin, the top club from Germany's top city, isn't as successful as other clubs from the country are, with just two top division titles coming in the early 1930's. In recent years, the club has been marred with two relegations, but are since then back in the top flight. Predicted to finish 16th is no flattery, but the club has a squad that can finish better than that position definitely.

The Team:

Goalkeepers:

Thomas Kraft

Rune Jarstein

thomas_kraft_bio.jpg

Thomas Kraft is our obvious first choice here, and a candidate for captaincy as well. Rune Jarstein is an able backup, but will leave the club on a free transfer at the end of the season so a new keeper backup/replacement for Kraft should be a priority in the second season.

Suggested Transfers:

None

Right-Backs

Peter Pekarik

Mitchell Weiser

Czech+Republic+v+Slovakia+FIFA2010+World+Cup+UxA92LKGC1gl.jpg

Peter Pekarik is an experienced right-back who shall do the job for you, very reliable. Mitch Weiser is a handy option as he can play anywhere on the right hand side, though I personally would prefer him in an advanced role rather than as a full back. Might need reinforcements if you choose to play Weiser further ahead.

Suggested Transfers:

Hiroki Sakai - Hannover. The Japanese International is available for around 3 million and can do the job for you. Not an immediate area of concern however.

Centre-Backs

John Brooks

Sebastian Langkamp

Niklas Stark

John_BROOKS.png

Hertha are blessed with three very able centre-halfs, Seb Langkamp is the experienced one of the trio, with John Brooks his partner in the heart of the defence. Nik Stark is a great prospect at just 19 years of age, and can already hold his own among the top dogs. Might be a light area, and for me, having four half-decent centre-backs in the club is an absolute neccesity, so I'd prioritise this position to get cover in.

Suggested Transfers:

Khalid Bouhlarouz - Free Agent. Probably your go-to man given how small a budget Hertha have. At 33 he is as experienced as they come and has some solid mental stats, can also be used as a tutor for Niklas Stark. Can also play at right-back if need be, when Pekarik is injured and you want to stick with Mitch Weiser on the wing.

Frickson Erazo - Barcelona [ECU]. The defender is a very cheap option to get in for cover, at around 500k. The only drawback is that he is out on loan until December and can only be signed in January.

Left-Backs

Marvin Plattenhardt

Johannes van den Bergh

480191858-marvin-plattenhardt-of-hertha-bsc-during-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXg%2F0vCS96BzQb4E%2BC38ARXTak5u30Q5aBWcw1MhPHYyGZ%2ByqYCkfgRMaYDh8MNMJxw%3D%3D

Marvin Plattenhardt is your first choice here definitely, van den Bergh is just not good enough, although I'd advise keeping him, his contract runs out at the end of the season and you can sign a replacement then when you have money to spend. Till then, he can be an able backup.

Centre Def/Att Mids

Vladimir Darida

Fabian Lustenberger

Tolga Cigerci

Jens Hegeler

Ronny

Per Cijlan-Skjelbred

Alexander Baumjohann

481186330-new-signing-player-vladimir-darida-of-hertha-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXq9AqOxN4rBTZb50HuaO%2FQEXNLCRuw4iD4E461KfyGZIxZc2Iz7WgGr2vR5z6zqxzw%3D%3D

Hertha are very good in the middle of the park. Vladimir Darida is your best midfielder and probably the best player in the club. Tolga Cigerci can also do a very good job as a DLP or even as an advanced CM. Lustenberger is a decent DM, and current club captain. Jens Hegeler has decent technical stats, but low mentals such as work rate in particular which is a stat I highly rate put me off, so I went ahead and sold him, getting in replacements instead. In attacking midfield, the mercurial Ronny has fabulous technical stats, and can prove to be a key player for you if played right. Per Cijlan-Skjelbred is a decent backup, but has a surprisingly high value of 5.75 million, so you can cash in on him, which I did on both him as well as Ronny, as the formation I went with features two strikers and no attacking midfielders, so I got some funds in from attacking mid sales. Another player at the club is Alex Baumjohann, who I also recommend selling, although you can keep him for a season as a backup option until his contract runs out in June.

Suggested Transfers:

Out- Per Cijlan Skjelbred, Jens Hegeler, Alexander Baumjohann

Debatable- Ronny

In-

Manuel Schmeidebach - Hannover. The Venezuela International has a 2.5m release clause, so getting him in is very easy. And to add to that, he qualifies as a homegrown player for the club, so can come in very handy should you qualify for Europe in future.

Felipe Gutierrez - FC Twente. The Chilean is an all rounder and can play in any role in midfield, I chose to deploy him as a DLP in my 4-4-2, and he does the job pretty well for me. Can be signed for around 3m.

Daniel Amartey - Kobenhavn. The young Ghanaian is a rock in midfield, a true workhorse with some amazing physical stats. Can get him for around 3.5m and he is only 20, so will definitely improve in future.

Wingers

Genki Haraguchi

Valentin Stocker

Roy Beerens

Mitchell Weiser

Anis Ben-Hatira

468675156-genki-haraguchi-of-berlin-runs-with-the-ball-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVtKeHFGgChXzHA%2BlWsFKqFs9uk5kxiCTyvpZy56%2Bkg7gtwsLscTWySWM1wOMMx0YA%3D%3D

Haraguchi and Stocker are your first choice wingers for the right and left hand side respectively. Roy Beerens and Mitch Weiser are both naturals on the right hand side, so you may want to get a backup in on the left hand side, and sell Beerens. I personally kept Beerens until January, as Mitch Weiser will miss the start of the season with injury. Ben Hatira is a long term injury, I recommend offering him a new contract just to buff his price up and then get rid in January.

Suggested Transfers:

Ricky Alvarez - Free Transfer. An obvious option to bring in to strengthen your left-hand side, as he costs nothing. Though a huge stumbling block can be his wages, as he might demand something in excess of 35k a week.

Andrija Zivkovic - Partizan. Our Serbian winger wonderkid is an obvious choice for several clubs, and can cost as little as 1m. Although a natural right-sided player, I retrained him to be a natural left-winger, as he is a left-footer with high dribbling and crossing stats, and my tactic invloved traditional wingers who'd get to the by-line and put crosses in.

Strikers

Salomon Kalou

Julian Schieber

Vedad Ibisevic

Sami Allagui

500-2014-10-03-salomon-kalou.jpg

Kalou is your best forward option, and can play in basically any role up front. Ibisevic is your poacher/target man, whose main duty is scoring goals. Schieber is out for a considerable amount of time, as is Sami Allagui so you might want to get in a striker option.

Suggested Transfers:

Divock Origi (Loan) - Liverpool. The Belgian is listed for loan and can be picked up for just 10k in wages, so is a very good option to sign on loan, but you must act quick as there are several clubs interested in his services.

Edson Puch - Free Agent. The Chilean is also an option that you can bring in as cover for Kalou and Ibisevic. He can play up front as well as on the wing or at CAM, so is a handy option to consider getting in.

Nicolas Anelka - Mumbai. As crazy as it sounds, a striker of Anelka's experience and calibre is exactly what you may need to bring off the bench. You can sign him for 3k, which is absolute peanuts. He got the job done for me, getting 6 goals in 17 matches, most of them off the bench.

Alessandro Del Piero - Free Agent. Was really my first choice option to bring in, but he had already moved to the MLS, so had to go for Anelka instead. Shame. You can get him if you're quick though. His technical and mental stats are second to none, and he can be an amazing option to bring off the bench.

Suitable formations:

4-2-3-1

4-4-2

A 4-2-3-1 can be a very viable option if you choose not to bring in reinforcements up front, as you can rotate between Kalou and Ibisevic, while choosing to keep the mercurial Ronny and Baumjohann behind them at CAM.

I used a wide 4-4-2, with a defensive DLP (Gutierrez) and a supporting CM (Darida/Cigerci) and A Kalou (Complete Forward) - Ibisevic (Poacher) partnership that worked wonders for me.

In all, the team is flexible enough to employ one of these two formations, or even both situationally.

So one can say, that Hertha is a solid team with a decent foundation that can be built upon, slowly but steadily to get the side into the upper echelons of German and then World Football. But definitely not an overnight task, patience will be the key. I hope this guide motivated you to try out a save with this side, and do post your feedback and how you get on :)

• 5 months later...
Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

Club Name: Hertha Berlin

City: Berlin

League: Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 16th (Relegation Play-off Spot)

Nickname: Die Alte Dame

So Hertha Berlin, the top club from Germany's top city, isn't as successful as other clubs from the country are, with just two top division titles coming in the early 1930's. In recent years, the club has been marred with two relegations, but are since then back in the top flight. Predicted to finish 16th is no flattery, but the club has a squad that can finish better than that position definitely.

The Team:

Goalkeepers:

Thomas Kraft

Rune Jarstein

thomas_kraft_bio.jpg

Thomas Kraft is our obvious first choice here, and a candidate for captaincy as well. Rune Jarstein is an able backup, but will leave the club on a free transfer at the end of the season so a new keeper backup/replacement for Kraft should be a priority in the second season.

Suggested Transfers:

None

Right-Backs

Peter Pekarik

Mitchell Weiser

Czech+Republic+v+Slovakia+FIFA2010+World+Cup+UxA92LKGC1gl.jpg

Peter Pekarik is an experienced right-back who shall do the job for you, very reliable. Mitch Weiser is a handy option as he can play anywhere on the right hand side, though I personally would prefer him in an advanced role rather than as a full back. Might need reinforcements if you choose to play Weiser further ahead.

Suggested Transfers:

Hiroki Sakai - Hannover. The Japanese International is available for around 3 million and can do the job for you. Not an immediate area of concern however.

Centre-Backs

John Brooks

Sebastian Langkamp

Niklas Stark

John_BROOKS.png

Hertha are blessed with three very able centre-halfs, Seb Langkamp is the experienced one of the trio, with John Brooks his partner in the heart of the defence. Nik Stark is a great prospect at just 19 years of age, and can already hold his own among the top dogs. Might be a light area, and for me, having four half-decent centre-backs in the club is an absolute neccesity, so I'd prioritise this position to get cover in.

Suggested Transfers:

Khalid Bouhlarouz - Free Agent. Probably your go-to man given how small a budget Hertha have. At 33 he is as experienced as they come and has some solid mental stats, can also be used as a tutor for Niklas Stark. Can also play at right-back if need be, when Pekarik is injured and you want to stick with Mitch Weiser on the wing.

Frickson Erazo - Barcelona [ECU]. The defender is a very cheap option to get in for cover, at around 500k. The only drawback is that he is out on loan until December and can only be signed in January.

Left-Backs

Marvin Plattenhardt

Johannes van den Bergh

480191858-marvin-plattenhardt-of-hertha-bsc-during-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXg%2F0vCS96BzQb4E%2BC38ARXTak5u30Q5aBWcw1MhPHYyGZ%2ByqYCkfgRMaYDh8MNMJxw%3D%3D

Marvin Plattenhardt is your first choice here definitely, van den Bergh is just not good enough, although I'd advise keeping him, his contract runs out at the end of the season and you can sign a replacement then when you have money to spend. Till then, he can be an able backup.

Centre Def/Att Mids

Vladimir Darida

Fabian Lustenberger

Tolga Cigerci

Jens Hegeler

Ronny

Per Cijlan-Skjelbred

Alexander Baumjohann

481186330-new-signing-player-vladimir-darida-of-hertha-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXq9AqOxN4rBTZb50HuaO%2FQEXNLCRuw4iD4E461KfyGZIxZc2Iz7WgGr2vR5z6zqxzw%3D%3D

Hertha are very good in the middle of the park. Vladimir Darida is your best midfielder and probably the best player in the club. Tolga Cigerci can also do a very good job as a DLP or even as an advanced CM. Lustenberger is a decent DM, and current club captain. Jens Hegeler has decent technical stats, but low mentals such as work rate in particular which is a stat I highly rate put me off, so I went ahead and sold him, getting in replacements instead. In attacking midfield, the mercurial Ronny has fabulous technical stats, and can prove to be a key player for you if played right. Per Cijlan-Skjelbred is a decent backup, but has a surprisingly high value of 5.75 million, so you can cash in on him, which I did on both him as well as Ronny, as the formation I went with features two strikers and no attacking midfielders, so I got some funds in from attacking mid sales. Another player at the club is Alex Baumjohann, who I also recommend selling, although you can keep him for a season as a backup option until his contract runs out in June.

Suggested Transfers:

Out- Per Cijlan Skjelbred, Jens Hegeler, Alexander Baumjohann

Debatable- Ronny

In-

Manuel Schmeidebach - Hannover. The Venezuela International has a 2.5m release clause, so getting him in is very easy. And to add to that, he qualifies as a homegrown player for the club, so can come in very handy should you qualify for Europe in future.

Felipe Gutierrez - FC Twente. The Chilean is an all rounder and can play in any role in midfield, I chose to deploy him as a DLP in my 4-4-2, and he does the job pretty well for me. Can be signed for around 3m.

Daniel Amartey - Kobenhavn. The young Ghanaian is a rock in midfield, a true workhorse with some amazing physical stats. Can get him for around 3.5m and he is only 20, so will definitely improve in future.

Wingers

Genki Haraguchi

Valentin Stocker

Roy Beerens

Mitchell Weiser

Anis Ben-Hatira

468675156-genki-haraguchi-of-berlin-runs-with-the-ball-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVtKeHFGgChXzHA%2BlWsFKqFs9uk5kxiCTyvpZy56%2Bkg7gtwsLscTWySWM1wOMMx0YA%3D%3D

Haraguchi and Stocker are your first choice wingers for the right and left hand side respectively. Roy Beerens and Mitch Weiser are both naturals on the right hand side, so you may want to get a backup in on the left hand side, and sell Beerens. I personally kept Beerens until January, as Mitch Weiser will miss the start of the season with injury. Ben Hatira is a long term injury, I recommend offering him a new contract just to buff his price up and then get rid in January.

Suggested Transfers:

Ricky Alvarez - Free Transfer. An obvious option to bring in to strengthen your left-hand side, as he costs nothing. Though a huge stumbling block can be his wages, as he might demand something in excess of 35k a week.

Andrija Zivkovic - Partizan. Our Serbian winger wonderkid is an obvious choice for several clubs, and can cost as little as 1m. Although a natural right-sided player, I retrained him to be a natural left-winger, as he is a left-footer with high dribbling and crossing stats, and my tactic invloved traditional wingers who'd get to the by-line and put crosses in.

Strikers

Salomon Kalou

Julian Schieber

Vedad Ibisevic

Sami Allagui

500-2014-10-03-salomon-kalou.jpg

Kalou is your best forward option, and can play in basically any role up front. Ibisevic is your poacher/target man, whose main duty is scoring goals. Schieber is out for a considerable amount of time, as is Sami Allagui so you might want to get in a striker option.

Suggested Transfers:

Divock Origi (Loan) - Liverpool. The Belgian is listed for loan and can be picked up for just 10k in wages, so is a very good option to sign on loan, but you must act quick as there are several clubs interested in his services.

Edson Puch - Free Agent. The Chilean is also an option that you can bring in as cover for Kalou and Ibisevic. He can play up front as well as on the wing or at CAM, so is a handy option to consider getting in.

Nicolas Anelka - Mumbai. As crazy as it sounds, a striker of Anelka's experience and calibre is exactly what you may need to bring off the bench. You can sign him for 3k, which is absolute peanuts. He got the job done for me, getting 6 goals in 17 matches, most of them off the bench.

Alessandro Del Piero - Free Agent. Was really my first choice option to bring in, but he had already moved to the MLS, so had to go for Anelka instead. Shame. You can get him if you're quick though. His technical and mental stats are second to none, and he can be an amazing option to bring off the bench.

Suitable formations:

4-2-3-1

4-4-2

A 4-2-3-1 can be a very viable option if you choose not to bring in reinforcements up front, as you can rotate between Kalou and Ibisevic, while choosing to keep the mercurial Ronny and Baumjohann behind them at CAM.

I used a wide 4-4-2, with a defensive DLP (Gutierrez) and a supporting CM (Darida/Cigerci) and A Kalou (Complete Forward) - Ibisevic (Poacher) partnership that worked wonders for me.

In all, the team is flexible enough to employ one of these two formations, or even both situationally.

So one can say, that Hertha is a solid team with a decent foundation that can be built upon, slowly but steadily to get the side into the upper echelons of German and then World Football. But definitely not an overnight task, patience will be the key. I hope this guide motivated you to try out a save with this side, and do post your feedback and how you get on :)

So finanly started up a Hertha game

Started up, trying to created a transfer budget for me to be able to bring in some extra players to aid to the goal to finish the Euro League goal that I agreed with the board - so a few players had to leave

Hegeler

Ronny

Haraguchi

Skjeldbred

Lustenberger

With them gone I could start to build on the remaining part of the team

Mammana and Zivkovic chose to join other clubs, but I did raid Boca Juniors - In came...

Bentancur (Boca) - loan as he wasn't interested in a permanently deal, but I've an option to buy, so that will be activated at some point

Cristian Pavon (Boca)

Marcelo Melli (Boca)

Andres Chavez (Boca)

Gino Peruzzi (Boca)

Emmanuel Mas (San Lorenzo)

Mikkel Duelund (FC Midtjylland) - loan with option to buy

£15.3m spend - £18.25m sold

So a profit in the transfer dealing, and a stronger squad

Full backs are covered with first choice and back ups

Melli is better than Lustenberger, so upgrade there

Pavon and Chavez are batteling each other to start upfront with Kalou

Duelund is a good cover for both wings

Bentancur is being brought through so he at some point in a year or two when Darida gets an offer that I can't refuse

So finanly started up a Hertha game

Started up, trying to created a transfer budget for me to be able to bring in some extra players to aid to the goal to finish the Euro League goal that I agreed with the board - so a few players had to leave

Hegeler

Ronny

Haraguchi

Skjeldbred

Lustenberger

With them gone I could start to build on the remaining part of the team

Mammana and Zivkovic chose to join other clubs, but I did raid Boca Juniors - In came...

Bentancur (Boca) - loan as he wasn't interested in a permanently deal, but I've an option to buy, so that will be activated at some point

Cristian Pavon (Boca)

Marcelo Melli (Boca)

Andres Chavez (Boca)

Gino Peruzzi (Boca)

Emmanuel Mas (San Lorenzo)

Mikkel Duelund (FC Midtjylland) - loan with option to buy

£15.3m spend - £18.25m sold

So a profit in the transfer dealing, and a stronger squad

Full backs are covered with first choice and back ups

Melli is better than Lustenberger, so upgrade there

Pavon and Chavez are batteling each other to start upfront with Kalou

Duelund is a good cover for both wings

Bentancur is being brought through so he at some point in a year or two when Darida gets an offer that I can't refuse

Major movement in the January window a few bids came in for Brooks, which was upped from my side and as a result the clubs widraw their bids, until Chelsea came up and suddenly Brooks was on his way to London and a massive £26m was sitting in the bank

As central defense was weak as it was it was an area that needed attention. Kevin Wimmer returned to the Bundesliga after his stay at Spurs and became the second player in the January wondow as Svend Bender already had joined the club. Pedro Henrique joined on loan from COR. Before the Argentination of Berlin added up. Mammana joined on loan and then the transfer record were broken when Erik Lamala joined his former teammate Wimmer from Spurs.

Beside Brooks, both Pekarin and Kalou left the club

Major movement in the January window a few bids came in for Brooks, which was upped from my side and as a result the clubs widraw their bids, until Chelsea came up and suddenly Brooks was on his way to London and a massive £26m was sitting in the bank

As central defense was weak as it was it was an area that needed attention. Kevin Wimmer returned to the Bundesliga after his stay at Spurs and became the second player in the January wondow as Svend Bender already had joined the club. Pedro Henrique joined on loan from COR. Before the Argentination of Berlin added up. Mammana joined on loan and then the transfer record were broken when Erik Lamala joined his former teammate Wimmer from Spurs.

Beside Brooks, both Pekarin and Kalou left the club

So I came to the end of a rather decent first season as manager for Hertha Berlin

Didn't win any trophy's, BUT managed to finish 2nd in the Bundesliga, in no real competition for Bayern for the title, but pleased with the 2nd spot and direct CL football

Valentin Stocker became my most important player despite him making a huge fuss about leaving before the season and started the season with a sending off in the 2nd minute in the first game of the Bundesliga. Glad that I turned down the "lowish" offers for him that came in at the start of the game (£4m'ish) as he is now worth £13.25m

Bentancur and Duelund have been made into permanent transfers

Mas only lasted a season at Hertha despite some good displays from him, as Chelsea came in with a £18.75m offer, so a £15m profit on him for one season, German International Jonas Hector have been brought in for half of that

The attack is getting some Brazilian flair next season as the duo of Luis Hernandez and Gabriel Jesus will be joining

loads and loads of newgens will be joining

Schreiber and Cigerci will be leaving without playing any part of last season

So I came to the end of a rather decent first season as manager for Hertha Berlin

Didn't win any trophy's, BUT managed to finish 2nd in the Bundesliga, in no real competition for Bayern for the title, but pleased with the 2nd spot and direct CL football

Valentin Stocker became my most important player despite him making a huge fuss about leaving before the season and started the season with a sending off in the 2nd minute in the first game of the Bundesliga. Glad that I turned down the "lowish" offers for him that came in at the start of the game (£4m'ish) as he is now worth £13.25m

Bentancur and Duelund have been made into permanent transfers

Mas only lasted a season at Hertha despite some good displays from him, as Chelsea came in with a £18.75m offer, so a £15m profit on him for one season, German International Jonas Hector have been brought in for half of that

The attack is getting some Brazilian flair next season as the duo of Luis Hernandez and Gabriel Jesus will be joining

loads and loads of newgens will be joining

Schreiber and Cigerci will be leaving without playing any part of last season

Latest transfer news

Leverkusen decided to put up a £19m offer for Stocker, so he was out the door, opening it for a new Argentine player, Lamala was moved to MR leaving a striking spot available, in came Argentine Lautaro Rinaldi from Argentinos Jrs - he was joined by another Argentine, Lucas Romero from CEC, as Darida was moved to RBL

There has been a change of first choice goalkeeper, and no it is not an Argentine, former German U21 Timo Horn was brought in as new nr 1 as his min clause was meet

AND it is welcome back to John Brooks, he only played 4 matches for Chelsea, so he was brought back for £5.5m less than he was sold for 6 months ago - so now we have two left footed in the central defense, not ideal, so hopes that it works out, if not then Wimmer must find himself a new club

ATM

5 Argentine

3 Germans

1 US/German

1 Austrian

1 Dutch

in the starting 11

Roy Beerens being the "weak" link on paper, but he did fine in season 1

Could be room for 1 "superstar" if it appears for the right kind of money, but if not I'm happy with the squad for season 2

Goal - get into the CL directly again - can't see us challenging Bayern just yet

Latest transfer news

Leverkusen decided to put up a £19m offer for Stocker, so he was out the door, opening it for a new Argentine player, Lamala was moved to MR leaving a striking spot available, in came Argentine Lautaro Rinaldi from Argentinos Jrs - he was joined by another Argentine, Lucas Romero from CEC, as Darida was moved to RBL

There has been a change of first choice goalkeeper, and no it is not an Argentine, former German U21 Timo Horn was brought in as new nr 1 as his min clause was meet

AND it is welcome back to John Brooks, he only played 4 matches for Chelsea, so he was brought back for £5.5m less than he was sold for 6 months ago - so now we have two left footed in the central defense, not ideal, so hopes that it works out, if not then Wimmer must find himself a new club

ATM

5 Argentine

3 Germans

1 US/German

1 Austrian

1 Dutch

in the starting 11

Roy Beerens being the "weak" link on paper, but he did fine in season 1

Could be room for 1 "superstar" if it appears for the right kind of money, but if not I'm happy with the squad for season 2

Goal - get into the CL directly again - can't see us challenging Bayern just yet

Ok there wasn't to be a "Superstar" signing at the start of season 2 - the squad went ahead as it was at the time of the writting

In the January window the squad was bolstered with an US/German player as Dortmund "wonderkid" Pulisic was brought in to be understudy to Beerens

As the season progressed it became clear that the goal of securing CL football would happen

But to challenge Bayern didn't - they got absolutely destroyed by my Hertha side that went on to win the Bundesliga undefeated!!! A massive 14 points clear of the Bayern superpower that had spend £115m ahead of season 2. Resulting them to sacking Ancelotti at the end of the season

Weak link Beerens were voted as Bundesliga Players Player of the year (Gino Peruzzi finishing 2nd)

I won both Manager of the year awards

7 of the players were in the Team of the year: Entire defense, Peruzzi, Brooks, Wimmer, Hector + 3 midfielders, Lamala, Romero and Beerens- with Brooks dropping out of the Players team of the year, but the rest in

aXl3Uzf.png

zXPG4KA.png

"Crazy" concedering that my topscores (Luiz Enrique and Erik Lamala) was joined 13th in the topscorer chart with each 10 goals in the league

---

Transfer News:

A move for a non Argentina, non Germany have shocked Berlin, as Iver Fossum will make his way from 2nd Bundesliga side Hannover

Fans were calmed by the news that another Argentine midfielder also will be joining, as Man City's Bruno Zulini will be joining on a free transfer

German U21 striker Johannes Eggestein will be joining from 2nd Bundesliga side Werder Bremen, a move that could see the departure of one of the clubs Argentine strikers as Gabriel Jesus and Luiz Henrique have establed themself as first choice strikers

---

In other news the board approached me asking if I thought if it would be a good idea to buy the Olympic stadium, so plans are being made with a buy at the end of next season if things gets through

Ok there wasn't to be a "Superstar" signing at the start of season 2 - the squad went ahead as it was at the time of the writting

In the January window the squad was bolstered with an US/German player as Dortmund "wonderkid" Pulisic was brought in to be understudy to Beerens

As the season progressed it became clear that the goal of securing CL football would happen

But to challenge Bayern didn't - they got absolutely destroyed by my Hertha side that went on to win the Bundesliga undefeated!!! A massive 14 points clear of the Bayern superpower that had spend £115m ahead of season 2. Resulting them to sacking Ancelotti at the end of the season

Weak link Beerens were voted as Bundesliga Players Player of the year (Gino Peruzzi finishing 2nd)

I won both Manager of the year awards

7 of the players were in the Team of the year: Entire defense, Peruzzi, Brooks, Wimmer, Hector + 3 midfielders, Lamala, Romero and Beerens- with Brooks dropping out of the Players team of the year, but the rest in

aXl3Uzf.png

zXPG4KA.png

"Crazy" concedering that my topscores (Luiz Enrique and Erik Lamala) was joined 13th in the topscorer chart with each 10 goals in the league

---

Transfer News:

A move for a non Argentina, non Germany have shocked Berlin, as Iver Fossum will make his way from 2nd Bundesliga side Hannover

Fans were calmed by the news that another Argentine midfielder also will be joining, as Man City's Bruno Zulini will be joining on a free transfer

German U21 striker Johannes Eggestein will be joining from 2nd Bundesliga side Werder Bremen, a move that could see the departure of one of the clubs Argentine strikers as Gabriel Jesus and Luiz Henrique have establed themself as first choice strikers

---

In other news the board approached me asking if I thought if it would be a good idea to buy the Olympic stadium, so plans are being made with a buy at the end of next season if things gets through

Major transfer movement, Hertha Berlin's Argentine international winger Erik Lamala has left the club and capital and have moved to PSG in a whopping £48.5m straight up transfer deal. Hertha haven't wasted anytime in investing the money in players to strengthen the team.

* Brazilian wonderkid Lincoln has been brought in and is in the training getting used to play MR.

* The defense have been improved big time by bringing in Danish international defender Andreas Christensen from Chelsea, he had been spending the last two years on loan in the Bundesliga to BMG.

* Marc Oliver-Kemp has also been brought in to help the defense.

* The last part of the money made from Lamala has been used to bring in German U21 midfielder Arianit Ferati from Stuttgart

With the progress of Pulisic and arrivel of Ferati, it was time to say thank you and goodbye to last years player of the year, as Beerens has reached the age of 29 it wouldn't make sense to have him playing backup for Pulisic or even 3rd choice at left wing

Recently started a new Hertha save myself, I remember doing a fun one in FM15; I sold Kalou to Everton for $9m (replaced by Lukas Hinterseer from Ingolstadt for $3.1m as well as Chuks Aneke from Zulte Waregem for 1.4m), Stocker to Crystal Palace for $8.75m (replaced by Jimmy Durmaz from Olympicaos for $3.4m) and Hegeler to Hoffenheim for 3.7m (replaced by Jermaine Jones on a free and also Louis Reed for 1.2m)

Playing a 4-1-4-1 (GK, FBs, CDd, CDd, FBs, DMd, Wa, BWMs, RPMs, Wa, DLFs), though, so Ronny and Baumjohann also had to go... Mostly because Ronny has always been garbage as long as I've tried to use him.

• 2 weeks later...

If any are thinking about buying the Olympic stadium, or is tempted to agree with the board that it would be a great idea for the club to buy the stadium

will have to stump up with £916m

Just have to pay £2.7m a month to cover that for some 25 years

• 2 weeks later...

Well that is it The Capital is at the top, after securing a 3rd Bundesliga title in a row, it was time to take home the big prize

2md44xv.png

14uw68j.png

Quite a step considering that I/the reserves hadn't made it out of the group stages the two previous years - but they did this year, and afterwards a 2-2 draw against AC Milan in the first knock out game, the full cavalry was sent in for the rest of the campaign

A bit "funny"

Valued at the same bracket as PSG and Real Madrid

Owning the Olympic Stadium does magic in that ranking

Now to keep reducing the £815m bank loan - only wish that the £19m that the directors took out this year as bonus would have been used to reduce the debt

abic9i.png

Archived