Player not interested but then signs for lesser team??

Hi!

New here so hope this is the right place for this thread. I am currently managing Truro City in the Vanarama National after promotion last season. All is well but there is one thing bothering me. Hope someone knows why this is happening:

When I try to offer a contract to say a free agent he reacts by saying that he's not interested and I can't give him the wage he wants. Later on he then signs for a team in a lower league than me for a wage I could easily afford. Tried convincing him but can't even negotiate a deal. Player just refuses to give me a chance to offer a contract while other similar and lower teams than me seem to have no problem at all offering a contract. This is really doing my head in...

Anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know the solution, but there could be a number of reasons why he won't sign for you. Perhaps he wanted a larger wage due to it being a location that he's not attracted to, larger cities in the game do tend to attract more players. Also I'd assume that lower down in the national, and north/south leagues that there probably isn't a lot of difference in reputation in the clubs as most only have a local reputation. I'm nowhere near an FM expert, but thats my guess!

I've been Truro manager before (in fact on the save I'm on just now before I got the Stockport job), and it's difficult to attract players due to the location of the club. Not many players will move hundreds of miles away for a couple of hundred quid a week on a part time contract. That's why players will sign for other clubs for less money. At that level, because you're part time, players will think about area just as much, if not more, than the wage being offered.

Archived