[FM16] [SKIN] Champions League skin

a31632

This is update version 1.1 for the Champions league 2016 skin, a “must have” update with multiple graphic enhancements, bug fixes and other updates.

This update includes:

- minor bug fixes.

- graphic enhancements (custom player status icons added, added bigger player faces in inbox messages, player names on shirts in tactics

(also during match when substituting etc.)

- new match titlebar lay out. (design by Gunzo) *****

- improved full match "Champions League" themed scoreboard. *

- more detailed custom made post match panel

- bigger pitch on tactics overview screen during match. **

- custom made player status icons.

- different fonts used, improving the overall "look and feel" of the skin

- alternative BBC news graphics (design by Emil Debski), original (1.0) news panel code included if you prefer the old one. ***

- optional sidebar coding including for those of you who like the sidebar NOT to "auto-hide". ****

The skin includes (as was the case with version 1.0):

- compatibility with version 16.2.0

- bigger player faces in screens

- (small) sidebar with customized icons and auto-hide feature, colours change depending on team/competition selected

- custom made Champions League scoreboard in full match screen mode

- custom made "match preview" and "post match" panels

- opacity/background selector

- instant result button

- many other additional graphical updates to enhance the FM experience

This skin is optimized for HD resolutions (resolution of 1920x1080 windowed and full screen).

Notes:

* The scoreboard works best in 1920x1080 resolutions. If needed the "left inset" values for "score" and "time" can be adjusted to align

these correctly. The scoreboard works fine with team/club names until 12-13 letters/spaces used, if with your resolution or longer team/club

names are used you may need to "stretch" the scoreboard with an imaging editing program (like "Photoshop"), without changing the height

change the width slightly (a small change will make a big difference) and you will have more space for the names.

I added a file "match titlebar score.xml.BIGGER" in the panels folder, you can replace the original file with the "BIGGER" file.

** The bigger pitch will correct the fact that players name would not be visible on the shirts while making changes during the match in the tactics panel,

also when playing with 5 players in a defensive or midfield setup the players' names on the kits would 'drop-off'.

With the recommended resolution this is no issue anymore, but the pitch will take up more space than in the 1.0 release version.

*** In the panels folder I created a file "competition news panel.xml.NO BBC", replace the original with this one and you will the same

news page as in version 1.0 back.

**** If you prefer the sidebar NOT to "auto-hide": in the panels folder of the skin I created a file "client object browser.xml.NO AUTO HIDE".

Replace the original file with this one and you will have a small sidebar that is static.

***** If you prefer the "match titlebar" as in version 1.0, in the panels folder there is a file "match title bar.xml.VERSION 1.0"

replace the original with this one and reload the skin.

With all replacements: delete the added "NO BBC", "BIGGER", "NO AUTO HIDE" or "VERSION 1.0" from the file names so "(name).xml" is left.

Reload the skin as always.

This skin wouldn't have been possible without the work of:

Dasz8

FLUT

Emil Debski aka. fenomeno9 (Vitrex skin)

OPZ

TheBantams (Andromeda skin)

Wannachupbrew

Bergkamp

Artdekdok

Gunzo

and many others

Recommended (not included) for use with this skin are:

Facepack of your choice

Logo and kits packs

Cities megapack (showing citypictures in club screens)

Stadium background packs

*****Please don't redistribute without my permission, either in original form or in a "tweaked" or "enhanced" version******

Installation instructions:

This is a stand-alone 1.1 update for the Champions League skin, version 1.0 is not required/needed to be and stay present.

If you already have the 1.0 version installed COMPLETELY DELETE this version, do not leave this version in your skins folder as

the new version might (and will) given conflicts with the files that are not been overwritten.

Extract the 7z file in x:\users\(your name)\My documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\

If you don't have a "skins" folder you need to create one.

When you extract the 7z file it will automatically create a "Champions League 2016" folder, which contains the skin.

Make sure you un-tick "use skin cache", clear the cache and reload the skin.

Alternatively you can restart the game with "skin cache" un-ticked.

This way not only the skin but also the included alternative graphics will be loaded correctly.

Notes:

If you like to use a different background, copy your favorite background picture to the folder:

".......\skins\Champions League 2016\graphics\backgrounds".

Rename the picture to "1......6.jpg" and reload the skin.

Un-tick "skin cache" and clear the current cache to make sure all graphics are loaded properly.

If you want to replace the manager picture on the main menu, I have added a few files in the folder ".......\skins\Champions League 2016\graphics\main menu" called "manager.png.alt"

You can delete the "manager.png" if you don't like the current manager pictured there and either delete it or replace it with an alternative picture.

Any feedback on errors or bugs is greatly appreciated, please make sure before reporting bugs or errors that you read the instructions

and updated the skin to the newest version (1.1).

Screenshots:

cl2016_screen_1_main_menu.jpg

cl2016_1_1_update_screen_5_post_match_screen.jpg

cl2016_1_1_update_screen_6_squad_screen.jpg

cl2016_1_1_update_screen_7_tactics_change_in_mat.jpg

cl2016_1_1_update_screen_9_scoreboard_full_scree.jpg

cl2016_1_1_update_screen_8_match_preview_screen.jpg

cl2016_1_1_update_screen_3_comparison_news_panel.jpg

cl2016_screen_10_team_overview_screen.jpg

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK FOR VERSION 1.1:

http://adf.ly/1VktIc

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very beatiful skin mate.

Can you tell me how can put the hide sider working on my skin?

Keep up the good work

The file "client object browser.xml" contains the code that tells the sidebar to "hide".

It also contains information on where some of the buttons in the header area will show so you can't just copy it over your existing panel as it might mess up your lay out.

I'm not at home now, so can't tell you where the code is exactly in this file, my suggestion is that you download either the Flut 2.1 skin for FM 2015 or the Andromeda skin for FM 2015 (the last version) a sboth skins had the "hide sidebar"option and you can use the xml file from that skin to see if that works for your skin lay out.

Alternatively i can see if I can send you and adjusted "client object browser.xml" for your skin, which skin are you using?

The file "client object browser.xml" contains the code that tells the sidebar to "hide".

Or the Andromeda skin for FM 2015 (the last version)

This does indeed work for FM16. It's a very nice mod as well.

This does indeed work for FM16. It's a very nice mod as well.

Yes, just be aware that you might need to edit some stuff in the xml file as it could mess up some of the buttons in your header.

The one I created seems to work with multiple skins, I tested it with 3 other skins and all work fine.

Jeebus, did you idiots not bother to read? Look HERE, let me make it easy for you

All screens are optimized and created as a "High Definition" skin (resolution 1920x1080) in full screen or windowed mode.

The skin was created for my personal use and I will not release a version for lower resolutions, nor make any adjustments that are not "bug" related.

Why is it that there is always at least 1 idiot that can't read.

Yes, you are correct. This is not because of the skin but because of the resolution. You can adjust this by editing the "match titlebar score.xml" file. All values in there are tweaked for 1920x1080 so you will have to increase the values of the "insets".

Takes a bit of time, you can just pause the game, edit the xml and just go back to your team and into the match again to see if your changes helped, no need to reload the whole skin every time.

Thank you for the feedback, glad you like it!

I think i´ve found an issus in the playeroverview. If a player has a trukish name. Look at the picture the last letter.

ERNgxEJ.png

Great find!!

I immediately thought it would be a "font issue" and it was.

The "AndroFlut" and "Andromeda" skins that use the same font for the "signature" file have the exact same problem.

I fixed it, by replacing the "signature" font the problem is resolved.

Just download this small file and replace the files in the "fonts"\ folder of the skin.

I added the download link also to the OP.

http://adf.ly/1UldaO

Screen with "corrected" signature font:

cl2016_screen_13_Turkish_player_font_issue.jpg

Yes. Thanks. Now is solved.

An other issus? Look at the tactic screen. In my first tactic the names are not shown. In the second tactic are the names shown.

ao3ItUV.png

MZVTzNT.png

And again to the scoreboard. You saw, everything is ok at the picture below, but at every games i must adjust the scoreboard. Could you tell me if i better change the spacer or width? If it´s too difficult for an amateur i will change the scoreboard even if i like your scoreboard.

I hope it´s not a question you didn´t want. Sorry for my english.

And again to the scoreboard. You saw, everything is ok at the picture below, but at every games i must adjust the scoreboard. Could you tell me if i better change the spacer or width? If it´s too difficult for an amateur i will change the scoreboard even if i like your scoreboard.

I hope it´s not a question you didn´t want. Sorry for my english.

No problem at all, good question.

If you have to change the scoreboard every single game you must have edited the "container sizes" as well.

This is very tricky as it can change the overall look of the scoreboard and in some cases it will be impossible to re-arrange the icons, names, score etc.

Take the original "match title bar score.xml" and ONLY edit the values "<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="XX" /> " for the items you want to move around.

A higher value will move the item more to the right in this case, and when it says (with the away team name and logo) alignment'="right" inset="XX"/> it will be the exact opposite of course.

I have only changed it this way and with me the scoreboard stays the same all the time.

I noticed you use longer club names, you might have to increase the width of the boxes that contain the team names as well.

Above "home team name" and "away team name" you say a "container width value of "20".

If you increase both to for example "30" or "40" depending on how much spacce you need, you will notice that both boxes containing the teams names will stretch and be identical width's still.

Also in that case it should stay the same for your next game.

Hope this works, in order to make the scoreboard work with these names/backgrounds it had to be a "static" scoreboard so this is one of the disadvantages, but once set up it should stay good.

Good luck and thank you again for your valued feedback

Thaks. I will try it and hope it works. Nice scoreboard.

It´s too tricky for me, but thanks for your help. I changed the scoreboard now from an other skin. Now i see all and it´s in every game the same. But your scoreboard is realy nice. Good work. Thanks for the super skin i will now use.

The download link don't work :(

I tested it and with me it's working!

Did you click in the right top corner?

That will redirect you to the download itself (you will have to wait for 5 seconds for the "skip" button to appear.

I tested it and with me it's working!

Did you click in the right top corner?

That will redirect you to the download itself (you will have to wait for 5 seconds for the "skip" button to appear.

yes i wait 5 seconds, but later mediafire get error QQ..but not problem i downloaded it from another PC and good amazing skin :D

I have 2 issues on 1920x1080 res.

First when i hover over the icon to show player attributes it is hard to see it.

TTdlCgo.png?1

Second issue is not being able to get the pop up to show anything

WekSUhA.png?1

You cant see the hand but it is hovering over the little "thingy" that shows the attributes pop-up for Zivkovic.Well the pop up doesnt work,in fact it only works for about 5/6 platers.

I have 2 issues on 1920x1080 res.

First when i hover over the icon to show player attributes it is hard to see it.

TTdlCgo.png?1

Second issue is not being able to get the pop up to show anything

WekSUhA.png?1

You cant see the hand but it is hovering over the little "thingy" that shows the attributes pop-up for Zivkovic.Well the pop up doesnt work,in fact it only works for about 5/6 platers.

In the BETA version this was working good, so had to do some digging.

Found out that the "guilty party" is a file that I added later "popup information panel.xml" in the panels folder.

Just delete this file as it tells the pop up panel to show a "plain_box" making it hard to see and it interferes with the popup not showing all the time.

So please delete "popup information panel.xml" from the panels folder and reload the skin, after this all will be good.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for bringing this up, I will implement this in the 1.1 update which will be released later this month with minor updates and bug fixes.

Why can't i see a sidebar in every screen by myself? In your screens there is a sidebar as well. Could you explain this? Thanks

Some screens in the OP were taken from the BETA skin. In that version the auto-hide function of the sidebar was not active yet. That functionality was added later but it didn't change the actual screen so I didn't replace the screenshots.

Could you say how i can disable the auto-hide function? Would be nice! Thank you

Ok, should be no problem as a "quick fix" if you know how to edit the xml files.

First of all: make a backup of your "client object browser.xml" file (keep it just in case)

Use an xml editor (I use Notepad ++ which is to my opinion the best out there)

Navigate in "client object browser.xml" to line 269 after which the code looks like this:

<container class="plain_box">

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom, extend" gap="0" offset="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- main area - contains sections/actions panel and content areas -->

<container id="main">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle, extend" gap="0" offset="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- screen content area -->

<container id="scca" auto_size="horizontal">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

</container>

</container>

<container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<attachment class="event_relay_attachment" event_id="msen">

<record id="action_event">

<flags id="event_id" value="ShSb" />

<integer id="evfl" value="7" />

<flags id="evtg" value="root" />

<boolean id="width" value="160" />

</record>

</attachment>

<attachment class="event_relay_attachment" event_id="msex">

<record id="action_event">

<flags id="event_id" value="HiSb" />

<integer id="evfl" value="7" />

<flags id="evtg" value="root" />

<boolean id="width" value="260" />

</record>

</attachment>

<animation class="translate_animation" start_value="-41,0" end_value="-41,0" duration="2" end_mode="hold_end" coord_mode="absolute_to_target" apply_to_mouse="true" />

<animation class="translate_animation" trigger_start="ShSb" trigger_end="HiSb" end_mode="hold_auto_reverse_hold" coord_mode="absolute_to_target" apply_to_mouse="true">

<!-- This is really just a normal slide out but some extra waiting is required at the end to compensate for a timing issue when pausing-->

<list id="storyboard">

<record interval="0.0" value="0,0" tween="ease_in_out" />

<record interval="0.3" value="41,0" tween="linear" />

<record interval="0.4" value="41,0" tween="linear" />

</list>

</animation>

<widget class="sidebar_menu_table" id="side" width="160" >

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

<integer id="set_property" value="cotO" />

</record>

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="MnuS" mode="1" value="true" set_property="FoHi" skip_if_null="true"/>

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" alignment="horizontal" min_value="0" max_value="1200" set_property="widt" true_value="45" false_value="45"/>

</widget>

</container>

</container>

Now comes the tricky part:

DELETE everything including line 273 and 274 which show: <container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

until the "footer" section, line 330.

REPLACE this deleted section with the code below:

<!-- main area - contains sections/actions panel and content areas -->

<container>

<container id="main">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle, extend" gap="0" offset="0" />

<widget class="sidebar_menu_table" id="side" width="50" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

<integer id="set_property" value="cotO" />

</record>

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="MnuS" mode="1" value="true" set_property="FoHi" skip_if_null="true"/>

</widget>

<!-- screen content area -->

<container id="scca" auto_size="horizontal">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

</container>

</container>

</container>

Save the changes, reload the skin and it should now show the small sidebar, with same position and colour changes, but it won't auto-hide anymore.

If this didn't work send me a PM with your email and I will email you the adjusted "client object browser.xml"

An other issus? Look at the tactic screen. In my first tactic the names are not shown. In the second tactic are the names shown.

ao3ItUV.png

MZVTzNT.png

For this solution you need a high resolution screen for sure (which I know you have).

As stated, when you have a formation with let's say 5 defenders or 5 midfielders next to each other, the shirts will automatically resize and the names would "drop off" as they wouldn't resize with it.

I looked at some options: reducing the size of the names, shirts etc. But the best solution is to reverse it and just make the pitch wider.

I tested it and if you change the code in "tactics overview panel.xml" as follows it will also show the names in a "5 player side-by-side" formation.

Just replace the code in lines 258 and 260 with this code:

<!--pitch/next match-->

<container class="minimisable_container" width="640" hide_on_minimise="true" save_default_state="true">

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" offset="0" inset="0" gap="0" width="640">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,vertical" inset="0"/>

The value 620 already works but with longer names they would be outside of the shirts, which doesn't look that nice.

Additionally you could delete the "subs bench" widget at the end of the file, it will move the pitch to the right more.

I never look at the bench icons anyways, but some might feel it's useful so I left it in.

Again, don't try this with lower resolutions as the pitch will take 50% of your screen in that case ;-)

Screenshot:

cl2016_screen_15_Tactic_screen_adjusted.jpg

Oh. Thanks for the support. I´ll try it and report it than.

OK. I tried. If i change the lines 258 and 260 it works. I can see the names on the shirt, but the names are on the numbers. If i delete the lines with "subs bench" i can´t see the tactic overview. Thanks for your right support again.

Ok, should be no problem as a "quick fix" if you know how to edit the xml files.

First of all: make a backup of your "client object browser.xml" file (keep it just in case)

Thank you. But i don't want a colour change every click on another window e.g. ;)

Can i set an default sidenlinebar (black or red) that this colour don't change?

Credits from Vitrex must be given to Emil Debski aka. fenomeno9 not me. He is the creator of the skin, i am his friend, taking care of interests here on the forums, as he has been banned for apparently no reason.

So who made this?

Oh. Thanks for the support. I´ll try it and report it than.

OK. I tried. If i change the lines 258 and 260 it works. I can see the names on the shirt, but the names are on the numbers. If i delete the lines with "subs bench" i can´t see the tactic overview. Thanks for your right support again.

No problem.

I think the issue with the names and numbers is 99% sure because of your different resolution, as I can't test that resolution I really can't fix this.

In the screenshot you can see it did the trick in HD resolutions.

For the sub bench removal, I'm not sure which xml editor you use but it seems like you removed too much.

I use Notepad++ which gives you a warning if your changes messed up the xml, but for example Windows Notepad just allows you to save an incorrect one.

You ONLY should delete lines "297" and "298" that read:

<!--subs bench icons-->

<widget class="subs_bench_panel" id="Subs" minimum_width="119" default_width="119" priority="2" />

Nothing else, if you delete one of the "container" lines it will delete whole containers which is what happened with you.

Thank you. But i don't want a colour change every click on another window e.g. ;)

Can i set an default sidenlinebar (black or red) that this colour don't change?

You are difficult customer to please.

Just kidding........

That coding sits not in the "client object browser" file but in a file called "sidebar menu table.xml"

Open the "sidebar menu table.xml" file in an editor.

Delete lines 10 till 26 that read:

<!-- coloured title bar image -->

<widget class="picture" id="colb" file="boxes/custom/interface/titlebar/paper" rthr="68">-->

<!-- set the colour of the image to the team background colour -->

<integer id="get_property" value="tbcl" />

<integer id="set_property" value="colr" />

</record>

</widget>

<!-- sidebar background -->

<widget class="picture" id="colb" file="boxes/custom/interface/titlebar/paper">

<integer id="get_property" value="tbcl" />

<integer id="set_property" value="colr" />

</record>

</widget>

Replace this code with:

<!-- sidebar background -->

<widget class="picture" file="sidebarbg/bg1" scale_picture="true">

<boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="false" />

<flags id="image_alignment" value="middle" />

</widget>

and you will have a solid dark background.

If you want a different color, simply change the file in your \graphics\sidebar folder with another colored one and you will have it how you want it!

Archived