Work permits and feeder clubs

Playing in the premier league for the first time and Im having some trouble with the whole work permit / feeder club thing. Basically my scouts were finding a lot of young foreign players, but I wasnt able to sign any of them because of "difficulties obtaining a work permit". I figured that a "work permit feeder club" would resolve this issue, as I would be able to sign the players, then send them out on loan untill they had their citizenship. Well its not working out. I still cant sign any of these players. What am I doing wrong??

Wow, that was fast. Cheers. Ok, when I was offered my choice of feeder club types, I chose work permit. They only offered me one team, a Spanish second division club. If they are no good for getting around work permits, whats the point of them? and why would they appear when I asked for a work permit feeder club?

Ta

Wow, that was fast. Cheers. Ok, when I was offered my choice of feeder club types, I chose work permit. They only offered me one team, a Spanish second division club. If they are no good for getting around work permits, whats the point of them?

A spanish second division club should be fine for work permit especially if your trying to sign spanish speaking south americans. Not sure exactly what the problem is.:confused:

Development: I was just able to sign a player and send him on loan to my spanish club to get a work permit. Any ideas why it works for this player but not others?

What were the nationalities of the players you couldn't sign? Just a guess but maybe their transfer window was closed or the spanish player registration window was closed.

All the players were from Argentina. It seems pretty random, in the last 20 mintues Ive signed three Argentinian youngsters, but been unable to send them on loan to my feeder club. There have been three or four that I still havent been able to sign. Would age matter?

All the players were from Argentina. It seems pretty random, in the last 20 mintues Ive signed three Argentinian youngsters, but been unable to send them on loan to my feeder club. There have been three or four that I still havent been able to sign. Would age matter?

Were you able to select your feeder club or were they greyed out? If they were greyed out then I think that their transfer window has probably closed.

never had any problems with any spanish clubs i've had as feeders and sending players to them, and none of them were in the "top" league. i've had Gimnastic, Eibar, and some obscure club called Mar Menor. All of them took the foreigners when i sent them, no problems.

regarding "not being able to sign the players" - did you actually try to sign them, or not bother because of the scout/coach report saying they wouldnt get a w/p?? if you didnt try to sign them, ignore that comment, as for some reason, they dont take into account that you have w/p feeder clubs. in my liverpool save, i have clubs in Belgium AND Spain, and scouts still tell me not to sign players as they wont get permits!!

when you try to send players from your squad to the spanish club, is the club "greyed out" on the list of options? if so, it means its outside the transfer window, and you'll have to wait to send them there. waht date are you on in-game???

I seem to recall that Spanish Clubs below the top league are not allowed non-EU players at all. Unless they've been relegated, and taken those players down with them. If so, then you can only send EU players on loan to them.

I used to think that you were only allowed to have non eu players in the top league in Spain but I recall reading a thread once that said the top 2 leagues in Spain can now have non eu players so sending a player to a second division side should be ok. I haven't tried playing in spain on FM2008 because I'm not sure if the registration bug is still a problem even with the 8.0.2 patch so cant confirm this but maybe someone else can.

as i said in my post before, i had Mar Menor (a spanish club) as a feeder, and had no problems sending a whole batch of players out to them to gian nationality. whether they played or not is another matter, as i only had English leagues selected...

• 4 months later...

Im going to mention the cardinal sin over getting around work permits, although you can get around them as following the above tips. Basically the 'proper' way to do it is to get a Belguim feeder (3 years) to get nationalization in the shortest amount of time.

However for those who are in desperate need of rewarding their fine scouting techniques and are fed up of finding players young, good and cheap and before some brute of a club comes and a nicks them, you can:

Download FMRTE 2.0, Pick a cub in the region you want work permits for i.e. Palmeiras.

Edit their affiliated club info to your club and the reason for link 'to avoid work permit regulations' and Ding Dong you sorted, although you will still have to wait for them to reach a certain age. I think its 18< in Brazil.

But as i said the above 'cheating' tips are only for those that are fed up finding good young players early doors and then having to fork out millions for them years down the line or not being able to sign them at all. We all need a little help from time to time :D

Archived