***Important Please Read***

Anyone who opens a thread and doesn't provide provide the required information will see their threads closed. By required information we mean, that the tactic is posted in full. This can be done by uploading the tactic here, screen shots showing the shape, roles, duties, TI's, PI's and so on. Or it can be done by writing it down. Which way you do it doesn't matter as long as all the information is in the post.

Threads that are created saying 'It's in testing, I'll post the info later' blah blah will all be closed. All these threads do is cause lots of spam with people asking the same questions, where's the tactic, what settings you've used blah blah. So from now on, all threads started in this section must all provide the full information about the tactic. Any thread that does not follow this rule will be closed without warning.

It's a shame they don't realise they're forcing those away who do create tactics with their constant moaning, bickering and by being impatient. We see the numbers reduce every year on those who put tactics for download on here. If people don't change their ways then soon it'll be no-one putting them up.

I totally agree with you guys. Fuss should just put the download link to the tactic. Then we would avoid the commotion.

Did you not read the new rules.

He doesn't need to provide a download link

Good rule!

It's also very annoying that a lot of people don't leave feedback after using the tactic. Last year I added a nice 3-4-1-2 tactic with 4K+ views and decent downloads, but on 7 replies from people who used the tactic.

I know that feeling as I put my first ever tactic up this year and had 4.5k views and 36 replies. But there were over 300 d/l of the tactic and that means only 10% feedback :(

shame people spoiled fuss thread by moaning , He did provide all the above info and outlined everything need to replicate his success . some people just want plug n play but think these days they need tweaking for each game .

no he didnt. he only included the positional info, nothing else. so i understand why his thread got locked. he shouldn't of done that then run away

But this is a upload/download forum. The way he described the tactics was suitable for the general tactics forum.

No they weren't stop going around saying things like this. It's never been a requirement that tactics must have a download link. As long as the information was visible via screenshots or text it didn't matter.

His thread did not belong in the main forum, that forum is for tactical idea discussions not tactics that someone has put up for feedback or for others to download. This forum is the general tactics forum the main forum is for discussions on how the game works, discussions strategies, development, principles and teaching users the basics and advanced ways of how the game works. Even though it might be labelled as upload/download forum (it was named this so people have a basics idea of what they could find here) the description of this forum tells you exactly everything you need to know;

This is where you can share your successful tactics with other users

You've been a member for 12 years, you should be well aware of how the forum works and what this one is intended for by now.

OK Cleon, thanks for the clarification. Still think the name is a bit misleading ;) Below the quote from posting guidelines...

This sub-forum was established to be the home for those who wish to upload and share, or download user created tactics and training schedules

No they weren't stop going around saying things like this. It's never been a requirement that tactics must have a download link. As long as the information was visible via screenshots or text it didn't matter.

His thread did not belong in the main forum, that forum is for tactical idea discussions not tactics that someone has put up for feedback or for others to download. This forum is the general tactics forum the main forum is for discussions on how the game works, discussions strategies, development, principles and teaching users the basics and advanced ways of how the game works. Even though it might be labelled as upload/download forum (it was named this so people have a basics idea of what they could find here) the description of this forum tells you exactly everything you need to know;

Hi Cleon. I've stayed on the sidelines of this discussion in two threads now but I must disagree (or agree to disagree?) that all the instructions to create the tactic are in the initial post or any subsequent posts by Fuss. First, please let me say the new rules are great and I hope in the future they are expanded to let iPad players also use created tactics. I tried to create it myself a couple of times before posting this as I quite often play as Everton so this would suit me right down to the ground. Part of the tactic's details are certainly there but not the whole tactic as used by Fuss. Granted - a lot can be gleaned from using the basic setup provided and watching games as you have long said others should do but the way it has been written up is that once it was uploaded it would be effectively plug and play.

Below I will put my example of how I read it. It may be wrong and I may have missed some details but otherwise I honestly don't feel all the details are there.

Tactic Summary

A return to the FuSS tactics of the past in this update - only tested with bigger teams, but makes the game silly easy!

This statement to me says it is a plug and play tactic. Possibly Fuss has found some flaws but it is a big statement and makes the reader think initially it is plug and play.

About

The tactic is built on 3 key concepts (2 stolen form Jose, 1 from Pep)

• Mourinho: The team that makes the least mistakes wins - hence the narrow, slow and short passing game.

• Mourinho: An adaptation of his famous
Trivote
- 2 attacking midfilders that also harrow, harass and tackle, aiming to win the ball up the pitch, backed up by a supporting DM who fills the space behind them and creates passing triangles.

• Pep: Possession for possession's sake is pointless - I don't use too many team instructions, I want the team to play a balanced and adaptable game, not be limited by a particular vision such as retaining possession or playing out from the back.

Mentality

I generally use control, but I've only tested with decent sides (Everton/Southampton), I've often gone attacking when chasing an extra goal. Be very wary of quick counter-attacking teams when you use control, I've found it's often best to step-up to attack against them, although there's nothing wrong with the standard setting!

Here is the first few clues Fuss gives. My initial assumption is that it is a 4-3-3. As we read further we find this is correct but t could quite easily be a DM and two AM's with the way it is written. The one thing where there is no abiguity is that the mentality is control. To note, there is no mention of team shape.

Team Talks

Do them yourself, assistants are just rubbish at them, even the best assistants.

• Be harsh! Ask yourself what the stereotypical Sir Alex would have done.

• Before I match: I usually aggressively expect a result, followed by individually assertively telling them I have faith.

• At half time: (even if my teams winning) if most of my team have below 7 performance I will aggressively tell them it's not good enough, those that don't respond to that (or respond badly) I will individually tell they were not good enough assertively.

This to me is a great tip and one I will be using in the future. Such a simple piece of advice but it makes so much sense

Opposition Instructions

• I don't use them with one exception - if a particularly magnificent player is running a muck in the first 15 or so minutes I'll use them on him.

Set Pieces

• I'm awful at these, they're pretty much the default, I'm looking at tightening up defensive corners.

Team Selection

• DO NOT LET YOUR ASSISTANT MANAGER PICK YOUR TEAM - he will tend to pick AMCs in the wide positions, this will kill you, use wingers.

Some simple tips but nothing on how to setup the tactic. So far all we know is that mentality is 'Control'

Players

• ST - Complete Forward (Support): This player will create space for the rest of his team by pushing the defensive line back and acting as a target man. Because of this you need a striker that's got good physical stats and fairly hard-working.

• AML/R - Inside Forwards (Support): Despite being inside forwards these guys will still whip in a lot of crosses. They're also you're main goal scoring outlet. Traditional fast wingers that can also finish would be ideal. RECOMMEND WRONG-FOOTED PLAYERS (do not switch them to attack, they will not track back).

• MCL/R - CM (Attack): Based on Murinho's famous "trivote", these two are aggressive, hard-tackling midfielders who can win the ball back high up the pitch and attack. You're actually after decent box-to-box players here (think Gerrard or Pogba).

• DMC - DM (Support): Aggressive defensive midfielder, will look to attack the ball, break up opposition play, and lay off the ball to the midfielders. You need your typical DMC here, but the ability to actually play the ball will be useful (think Sven Bender or James McCarthy). THIS POSITION CAN BE SWITCHED TO DEFENSIVE FOR MORE DIFFICULT GAMES, BUT YOU'LL LOSE SOME LINK-UP PLAY.

• FB's - FB (Support): These guys will get forward to cross and give you width. You need very good attacking and defensive fullbacks as you're asking a lot of them, Baines and Coleman are two of the best in the game.

• CB's - Defender: Typical centre-backs there to defend the goalkeeper. Tackling, Marking, Heading, Jumping and some decent acceleration won't go a miss.

• GK - Keeper: Handling, reflexes, command of area - one-on-ones is particularly important as this tactic often has it's fullbacks pressing quite high-up the field.

Here we get a lot more details. Team shape is 4-3-3 so now we can put that with the mentality of control. We also have all the player roles which is great. We can probably guess some player instructions but that is all it is - a guess. Some that are far more astute at tactics may be a better guess than me but it is an absolute punt on what is needed in the terms of PI's. All I picked up was to put the CM's on 'tackle harder'. 'mark tighter' may also been used but in this case I really don't think it was.

Needing the CF to be "hard working" may lead to thinking that he needs to close down more but I think it is simply just the type of player needed. The IF's I feel don't have any instructions. The DM I feel does. Fuss says he is aggressive, attacks the ball, and lays off passes. I glean that he passes shorter, has fewer risky passes (maybe not as it may limit his passing passing range - we would need to watch this), and probably dribble less. The full backs I am not sure with. They could have 'get further forward' as they offer the width. They may also have cross more often from the description. They may also have no instructions.

The CB's and GK I feel have no instructions but there may be some sort of distribution instruction with the GK.

Where to spend the cash

Fullbacks
are the most important position.

Download

Coming very shortly! (I'm just finishing off a test drive with Southampton).

FuSS Says

Tactics are the least important they have ever been, all-round good team management is much more important, there are no quick fixes.

• Simply assuming your players moral isn't an issue because the marker is green isn't good enough.

• Not handling player motivation every 5-10 games by praising or criticising every one of your players based on their form isn't good enough.

• Not handling player effort by praising or criticising players training if they are highlight in the monthly training report isn't good enough.

• Simply letting your assistant pick the team, cover the media or do the team talks isn't good enough, see above instructions.

• Simply not giving individual team talks to any player that didn't repose to the team or group talks isn't good enough!

If you just want to win every match and make transfers then I suggest Fifa manager is the game for you
:)

Ho ho ho...

Some more handy tips to finish with but here is where I come up short - player instructions, team instructions and team shape. Personally, when I 'download' a tactic I prefer to see every instruction in either a screenshot or typed out then create it myself so I can have a 'hands on' approach into learning how it all links together. When I come to the Download forum I expect tyo be able to create a tactic without leaving some vital questions such as TI's and PI's. I could go to one f your great threads on the main board and learn how to link the bits and pieces given here into the bigger picture but then I should create my own tactic from your help (you are genoures with help when a good question is asked) but that would deem this whole board redundant. Luckily the new rule will mitigate that but I hope you can either let me know what I didn't see in the words or see from my point of view what was lqacking and why I couldn't create the tactic completely.

I will finish with a reference to your post I quoted. It is named the upload/download forum but the rules quite clearly state:

Opening Posts - Please try to provide as much detail as possible. Include important information and if possible, images or detailed descriptions of the formation, team and player settings.

Don't forget to include information about what types of players you try to use in each position or role. What player attributes others should look for, that work well with the tactic.

If you use additional settings, such as shouts (touchline instructions) during matches, Opposition Instructions (OI's), or have media and motivational tips that you use with your tactics, don't forget to provide details of those as well.

Try to provide examples of how you've done with your tactic and what teams you've used them with, what divisions or countries they've worked well in.

Some of this information was provided but as I suggested the TI's and PI's were not clearly articulated.

Wow you lot love making a big deal out of something so small don't you?

The Fuss thread was closed because all the info wasn't there. If it was it would still be open. So not sure why you felt the need to post the above. Move on, no-one really cares. Stop dragging it on for no reason.

And just to clarify, the only new rule is that threads must have the information when the thread is posted. That is the only change. In the past people would post saying 'I'm testing this, I'll post the tactic next week' etc. They can no longer do this, which is great because it means 200 people can't spam a thread now all saying the same thing. The need for a download link or screenshots/text to get the settings across as always been needed.

I just hope you all realise what you're basically doing here though and when the few contributors who do take time to post tactics all stop doing so, you've only yourself (the forum as a whole not you personally)to blame with all your demands and hounding of people. They're already fed up of it. Although they are a lot to blame too for 'teasing'. But still. Just remember those who use this forum 'rely' on these people creating tactics. Yet you all talk and act like it's a divine right and that you're entitled to someone creating a tactic for you to use..........Sooner or later this will end, were seeing this decline now compared to last year, the year before than and so on. This forum is becoming more and more obsolete every year.

Anyway move on, it's hardly worth discussing.

So when you said

It's not a tactical discussion and it's plain clear it's a tactic and he tells you the settings in the opening post. So no I'm not surprised it isn't being moved.
you didn't mean "it's all there so create it yourself"? If not I apologise as that is certainly how I took that statement.

To the others that suggested all the information was there I guess my post still stands

So when you said you didn't mean "it's all there so create it yourself"? If not I apologise as that is certainly how I took that statement.

To the others that suggested all the information was there I guess my post still stands

I closed the thread when I realised it wasn't all there. Stop trying to be clever and move on from it now, seriously. Do you not have something more meaningful in life to moan about? Heck, you could have even learnt how to create a tactic and how the game works in the time you've spent moaning :brock:

I closed the thread when I realised it wasn't all there. Stop trying to be clever and move on from it now, seriously. Do you not have something more meaningful in life to moan about? Heck, you could have even learnt how to create a tactic and how the game works in the time you've spent moaning :brock:

Yeah, no worries. Wasn't trying to be smart (and even offered an apology). Personally, I would love to understand how it works but I just don't watch enough soccer (either virtual or actual) to understand all there is to know.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...