Having problems installing FM2008 on an Advent laptop with Vista.

Hi guys, I've been playing FM2008 all year on my pc without a problem but my pc has recently died.

I'm trying to install it on a laptop but it doesn't seem to be installing properly and I#m a bit flummloxed.

I can remember seeing posts when the game first came out that some people were experiencing problems with installation of the game but obviously these threads are gone with the forum change.

Has anyone got any ideas for me?

Cheers in advance.

Well first of all the autorun feature doesn't work, but I seem to remember that there were issues with this anyway.

So anyway I click on the setup file in the FM2008 folder.

It goes through the Installer - license agreement - and the other sections but when it gets to Install complete I get the following message.

The Installation of FM2008 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details.

Haven't got a clue where or what the installation log is.

I'm used to using xp rather than vista so I a little confuddled at the mo.

the installation log is one of them things thats sposed to be there, somewhere, but no swine has ever found it! same place as the damn crash dumps go, some black hole or other!!! did you try running the game anyway after the install was complete? it might work??

edit: and run the patch on it as well!

another edit: the installation log should be in > Control panel ; Administrative Tools ; Event Viewer ; Application...

it installs the shortcut into your games folder in the start menu. you can create your own by going to c:\program files\sports interactive\fm2008 right clicking on the fm.exe icon and saying "send to desktop"

to add to this, ive had a look back through all the tech forums i can get into and it seems to have been solved by a clean uninstall, or by patching, or both, so with a bit of luck, itll be the same for you!

• 4 weeks later...
Have the same installation problem, and are trying to install it on a laptop with vista. The above hasnt worked for me. Any suggestions ?

How has 'it not worked?' Did you goto the Fm folder? Was fm.exe there?

Have the same installation problem, and are trying to install it on a laptop with vista. The above hasnt worked for me. Any suggestions ?

If you have the same problem, the above will work if you do it correctly as described.

• 2 months later...

Guys i played football manager 2009 demo and it work perfectly until it said i had to get the real game :(

now i got the real game of FM 09 i install steam and stuff when i put the disc in and click autoplay it dont work when i try to installer the game at the end of the installation it says serious errors have occured while trying to install FM09 Please vistit installation Log for details

i have 2 questions WHAT & WHERE - is the installation Log this is realy P'ssin me off

Neji

I need ur help the FM09 dont work for me it worked wen i used demo but not with disc

when i install it at the end it says some Serious errors have occured while installing FM09 please vistit installation log for details

what shud i do

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by the way i am using A laptop = windows vista

i dont understand why it wont work is it because of windows vista ?

my uncle got FM09 real Game it works perfectly on his comp/laptop dont no why it wont work for me and those other 100 people i see also having problems

Jemar aka Arsenal_merkage

can you reply wen u got the time pls Thank you...

Guys i played football manager 2009 demo and it work perfectly until it said i had to get the real game :(

now i got the real game of FM 09 i install steam and stuff when i put the disc in and click autoplay it dont work when i try to installer the game at the end of the installation it says serious errors have occured while trying to install FM09 Please vistit installation Log for details

i have 2 questions WHAT & WHERE - is the installation Log this is realy P'ssin me off

The installation log is in this directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 and is called "Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog"

The installation log is in this directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 and is called "Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog"

Hey i found it but am confuse theys are the errors

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats what it says thats all the errors do u no how to fix them? anyone please

Lovely, think we all needed to know that :p

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

Hey fg i wanna play FM so do u no what i got to do for thise#

If you have the same problem, the above will work if you do it correctly as described.

Scott am having trouble i found the installation log but i have 2 errors do u no how to fix deys errors

Hey i found it but am confuse with theys errors

You lot i need ur help i am geting new errors

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\graphics.fmf

Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGpl: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

When i go on know issuses and try and post a post on page 1 it post it on page 28 so can u post one on 1 page for me and ask Marc.duffy to either private message me or come talk to me in -

Having problems installing FM2008 on an Advent laptop

or just tell him the errors am having

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\graphics.fmf

Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGpl: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

ccan u do that pls ill do it my self but it wont let me post something on page 1 of know issuses

Jemar..

When i go on know issuses and try and post a post on page 1 it post it on page 28 so can u post one on 1 page for me and ask Marc.duffy to either private message me or come talk to me in

The forums don't work like that, whichever page you write the reply on, it will be put at the end of the thread

Archived