Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

• Administrators

As some of you may have already seen, we've released update 16.2.0. Details, including the changelist can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/446798-Football-Manager-2016-16-2-0-Update-Out-NOW!

Please keep all feedback within this thread and constructive. If you come across any issues please feel free to raise them in our bugs forum.

Many thanks.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news.

And if my defensive problems vanish after my summer break, I'll probably never find out if it's because of the new players and the adapted tactic - or the fixed match engine. ;)

Have you tried restarting Steam MindstateNL?

Thanks, I've tried and also tried restarting my pc without avail.

Ultimately found out it was likely because of the time setting of my laptop (I'm currently in Japan). Changed the time setting to a European time and all worked out. Now lets get down to play, keep it up!

- Improved defending of full backs who were tucking in inappropriately

- Improved behaviour of backline when deciding to cover out of position players

- Fixed some instances of poor back passes and goalkeepers lack of reaction to them

- Improved defenders behaviour when reacting to a ball they are favourite to win

- Improved goalkeeper decisions to parry ball back into play when they could let the ball go out

- Improved accuracy of shots on goal

- Refined passing decision making to reduce instances of unnecessary direct and rushed passes

:applause: to all of these.

I can't believe I'm stuck at work all day before I get to play this. The ME was already in the best launch state that I've seen in years.

• Administrators
does the latest update fix the crash/graphics problem for MAC users please

It depends what issue you had exactly, but I'd suggest trying with the update and if you still have issues, raising it in the Mac section of the Bugs forums. Thanks.

3 Crushdump, after update:

FM2016.v16.2.0.750467 (2015.12.16 16.38.43)

i got this error after update, i can't continue my game after a match

never happen this before

1HoYfUd.jpg

Can you both raise these issues with your own thread in this section and we'll try and sort it out for you: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/520-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-PC

quick test: 5 games, goals scored from crosses: 1; goals conceded from crosses: 0.

Much more intelligent behavior from all defenders, feels generally harder to create and score goals (for AI as well), the fullback issue was really ruining this for me and seems to be fixed. Very promising!

My game now barely works, everything takes several minutes to happen (loading of the game, loading of the save game, proceeding betwen days and changing pages), not even mentioning very slow matches. I erased cache, preference and verified game files, nothing seems to work for me.

My game now barely works, everything takes several minutes to happen (loading of the game, loading of the save game, proceeding betwen days and changing pages), not even mentioning very slow matches. I erased cache, preference and verified game files, nothing seems to work for me.

This sounds like something worth raising here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/520-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-PC

quick test: 5 games, goals scored from crosses: 1; goals conceded from crosses: 0.

Much more intelligent behavior from all defenders, feels generally harder to create and score goals (for AI as well), the fullback issue was really ruining this for me and seems to be fixed. Very promising!

I was having to add so many tweaks to get my defenders to behave, and it was all the harder because I consistently play wingless formations without ML/MR or AML/AMR cover. This sounds great.

I already won the league and cup with Hibs, so I started a new save wanting to try a new tactic when steam updated, so I started with the tactic I used before with success. Played one friendly and won 5-0, less crosses from my wingbacks due to opposition fb's playing better, keepers seem more aware, back passes stronger and keepers coming for them. Not a huge difference to ME just the odd wee niggles seems gone, will need to play a few more games to make sure all seems fine.

I really don't want this update yet, but evil Steam won't let me access my game. I've got it to play offline but now Steam is forcing me to go online and update to this fix. It tells me there is an error updating. Can anyone show me how to play the game I paid for and get these b******** off my back?

I really don't want this update yet, but evil Steam won't let me access my game. I've got it to play offline but now Steam is forcing me to go online and update to this fix. It tells me there is an error updating. Can anyone show me how to play the game I paid for and get these b******** off my back?

Once the game starts updating there isn't any way of going back to a previous version. You can set Steam to only download updates when you tell it to, which I'd suggest doing in the future if you're not intending on updating your game.

Dang, same crash dump after game and game lags as bad...

Lets wait and see.

Can you raise your issue here? http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/520-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-PC

Please make sure you include any information that might give us an idea of what could be causing this, so if you're runny any custom graphics or skins please include that info too.

i got this error after update, i can't continue my game after a match

never happen this before

1HoYfUd.jpg

Just got this when loaded game pressed continue and bam! I am using a skin so will try it without skin.

:(

Seems to work with FM skin but not skins from peeps! Tried going back to skin and same thing happened so its a clash with the forum skin users.

Which contract issue?

Where players (or specifically their agents) somehow not interested at contract negotiations, whilst having asked for them.

Although my case is a bit special- at time of asking was interested, now that his abilities improved, thinks the squad isn't good enough for his level.

Where players (or specifically their agents) somehow not interested at contract negotiations, whilst having asked for them.

Although my case is a bit special- at time of asking was interested, now that his abilities improved, thinks the squad isn't good enough for his level.

Yeah, it looks like Julius's explanation of your issue makes sense. It's often quite hard for lower rep teams to hold onto higher PA players if they decide they're too good for that team.

Archived