Pre-season questions

Hello.

I am playing with Valencia CF in Spain and I chose a long pre-season starting at 10/7/2015 and I will have my first competitive match at 19/8/2015, first leg for the Champions League qualification. I have scheduled 13 friendly matches(2 matches per week) from 13/7/2015 - 15/8/2015. I have some questions about how I should set up my team training. I have the best coaching team in the Liga BBVA and I am looking to play a high intensive football for the 2015/16 season. I would think that this will require a lot of condition build up in General Training focusing on Fitness with a Very High intensity level. I will start of with a 4-4-2 with a Standard mentality and Flexible team shape and will watch full matches and try different alterations during the friendly matches as changes during matches, as far as I understand, does not affect the tactic familiarity. So I am thinking, could I set the Scheduling to 0% Match Training to focus 100% on General Training(Fitness), the players will get Match Sharpness anyway right? Then I was thinking when I find the right team- and player settings I could set the Match Preparation to 50% and maybe focus on Team Cohesion in General Training.

My question is how do I know when it's enough with the 100% Fitness Training? Is this a good idea? I would rather have a bad start to the season because of low tactic familiarity than have tired players, injuries etc. I also wonder what you think about fitness training in the middle of the season, I know some teams like Atletico Madrid that build up their fitness during the spring when the condition usually lowers.

During the pre-season I rotate much and take out players when their condition is in the lower 70s. I do not make 11 changes during half-time.

Archived