SIGN_UP: FM 16 - The Return of Baker's Dozen

What nation do we base the team this year?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What nation do we base the team this year?

• Scotland
    • Wales
    • England
    • Other: vote below or submit with entry

"Baker's Dozen" Sign-up thread (in development)

FM-16 Sign-up "Return of Baker's Dozen"

Former Scottish footballer Scott Baker has fortuitously been given charge of a squad of the

greatest new faces in lower-league football (isn't that how these things always start?). Of course,

he's starting out at or near the bottom of a very tall pyramid (team to be later determined).

Objective: to drive these stalwart lads to the top of the *country to be determined* pyramid and beyond, or barring

that, shepherd them to successful careers in professional continental football.

Sign-up/experiment will end as soon as all starting players leave the beginning club. Should

Scott Baker fail, the team will continue to be followed through either an AI manager or second

player manager.

Sign up will be limited to a "Baker's dozen" (13 players: GK, DL, DC, DC, DR, DM, CM, CM,

ML, MR, AMC, ST, ST).

Each person (other than GK) may select a secondary player position, i.e. DL/DC, DR/DC,

DM/MC, AML/ST, MR/AMR, etc.

First goal is fill the 13 and select a nation to play in. The I'll need a few days to get the players entered and the team up and running.

What is needed from you:

Player Name:

Position(s):

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, selecting the home country as 1st or 2nd nationality

will get you more playing time)

Birthdate (Player age will be set at 15-17 at start of save, so try to keep it between 7/1/2000 and

7/1/2002)

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary):

right foot/left foot:

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be

randomized by the database.:

You may select one PPM

CA/PA will be randomized outside of the database and entered.

Also, please vote for the nation to base the team.

Any other thoughts/input is welcome.

Player Name:Alistair Wilson

Position(s):GK

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, selecting the home country as 1st or 2nd nationality

will get you more playing time) Greenock/Scotland

Birthdate (Player age will be set at 15-17 at start of save, so try to keep it between 7/1/2000 and

7/1/2002) 03/02/2001

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): N/A

right foot/left foot:Right

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be

randomized by the database.:One on Ones - 18, Decisions - 15, Anticipation - 12, Eccentricity - 3

You may select one PPM

Player Name: Yuriy Protsiuk

Position(s): ST/AMC

Nationality/Place of birth: Glasgow (Scotland)

Birthdate: August 25, 2001

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Black, height 190 cm, weight 82 kilos

right foot/left foot: right footed

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3: Finishing 15, Composure 18, Acceleration 12, Corners 3

You may select one PPM: Shoots with power

Player Name:Tony Shanguang

Position(s): ML/AML

Nationality/Place of birth: Musselburgh (Scotland) (Second nationality: Chinese (if allowed), or home country if not Scotland)

Birthdate: April 8th 2001

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): black / asian

right foot/left foot: left footed

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3: Acceleration 18, Crossing 15, Passing 12, Jumping Reach 3

You may select one PPM: Runs with ball down left

Player Name: Kazushi Watanabe

Position(s): DL / AML

Nationality/Place of birth: Tokyo (Japan) - (2nd nationality : Home country)

Birthdate 8/7/2001

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): black / asian

right foot/left foot: left footed

randomized by the database.: Acceleration 18 Crossing 15 Tackling 12... Jumping Reach 3

You may select one PPM Knocks Ball Past Opponent

Player Name: Arron Balmont

Position(s):CM

Nationality/Place of birth El Paso TX 2nd Nationality Home Nation

will get you more playing time)

7/1/2002) 8/2/2001

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary):NA

right foot/left foot: Left foot

randomized by the database.: Passing Determination Stamina Injury proneness

You may select one PPM : Dictates tempo

CA/PA will be randomized outside of the database and entered...

I would say Italy due it being a bit different and with a number of divisions

Player Name: Walter White

Position(s): DC / DMC

Nationality/Place of birth: Zurich (Switzerland) / Scotland

Birthdate: 6.3.2001

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Tall and Heavy :)

right foot/left foot: Left

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3: Marking 12, Decisions 18, Jumping Reach 15, Flair 3

You may select one PPM: Marks Opponent Tightly

Player Name: Ariel Pryde

Position(s): AMC/CM

Nationality/Place of birth: Safed, Israel/ Home Country second

Birthdate: October 15, 2001

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Mediterranean, 6 foot 6, and 180 pounds

right foot/left foot: right footed

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3: Flair 15, Dribble 18, Passing 12, Marking 3

You may select one PPM: Tries Killer Ball Often

Player Name:Stuart Bunn

Position(s): MC/AMC

Nationality/Place of birth: Southampton (England) / Home country second

Birthdate: March 04, 2001

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): N/A

right foot/left foot: right

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3: Passing 18, Tackling 15, Flair 12, Jumping Reach 3

You may select one PPM: Tries Killer Balls often

I also think Italy would be a good choice

Player Name: Ace Robinson

Position(s): MR/ML

Nationality/Place of birth: Irish / Home Nation

Birthdate 11/15/2001

right foot/left foot: Left Foot

randomized by the database.: Pace: 18 Acceleration: 15 Crossing: 12 Leadership: 3

You may select one PPM: Knocks ball past opponent

CA/PA will be randomized outside of the database and entered.

Voted Wales

Player Name: Dougie Smith

Position(s): DM/MC

Nationality/Place of birth: Kirkcaldy

Birthdate 16/10/2001

right foot/left foot: Left Footed

randomized by the database.: Determination, 18. Tackling, 15. Passing, 12. Flair, 3

You may select one PPM: Arrives late in opponents area

Player Name: Justin Alexandersson

Position(s): DR/DM

Nationality/Place of birth: Born Boston USA, 2nd nation England

Birthdate: 10/16

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Ginger/pale

right foot/left foot: Right foot

randomized by the database.: Positioning 18, Crossing 15, Strength 12, Flair 3

You may select one PPM: Dives into tackles

Name: Bruce McHugh

Position: Centre Back

Place of birth: Lerwick, Scotland

Birthday: 4/9

Foot: Right

Attributes: Tackling 18, Aggression 15, Pace 12, Off the ball 3

PPM: Argues with officials

Can I have favoured squad 6, please?

Player Name: Andrew Jackson

Position(s): ST/DC

will get you more playing time) Trinidad and Tobago/Arima (Trn)

7/1/2002) 29/2/2000

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Redhead

randomized by the database.: Determination 18, Penalty Taking 15, Crossing 12, Tackling 3

You may select one PPM: Places Shots

And that wraps the Dozen up. I'll get to working on the database (this year's editor is SO much better than the past couple of years), run a one-year holiday test to see how things look, and start work on the storyline. I will probably move the continuing results over to the FM Stories subforum, if I decide to make it more of a continuing football drama, but if I do I'll link to it from here.

BTW, while I'm still in the database, if anyone additional wants to jump in as club staff or randomized bench/league opponent players, just post up a name, birthdate, position/staff position, etc. and I'll try to add as many as I can. Don't bother with the attributes, I'll just blank them out and you'll be randomly generated at the league level. No guarantees to your eventual development, however I might upload the completed database to Steam Workshop so people can mess about with it.

And it looks like we'll probably end up in Scotland, either down in League Two or perhaps even the Highland League. I'll have to look and see about potential homes for the team.

Hope I'm not too late to be a bench player!

Player Name: Arturo Bianco

Position(s): ST/AML

Nationality/Place of birth: Italy, 2nd Nat. England - Avellino

Birthdate 11/1/2000

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Brown Hair/Tanned

So: test run in progress. I set all the players with a home club of Stirling University (figured that would explain how we have a crop of young talent from several continents, and they wouldn't mind a low salary while attending Uni.) Stirling University is in the Lowland League, one down from League Two, so they'd be 4 promotions from the Scottish Premier. I set Arturo Bianco as a player with Cumbernauld Colts, also in the Lowland League. Perhaps he'll join Stirling U (anyway, this is just a field test, not the actual save.)

Ran a half-season test, everything looks promising: players between 5'3" and 6'8", values between $750 and $400,000, some really nice stats. Won't bother posting screenshots since it's just a test. If anyone else wants to put in an accessory player, the database is still open until...I can't wait any longer to start playing it.

Ran a half-season test, everything looks promising: players between 5'3" and 6'8", values between $750 and $400,000, some really nice stats. Won't bother posting screenshots since it's just a test. If anyone else wants to put in an accessory player, the database is still open until...I can't wait any longer to start playing it.

And...I'm firing it off tonight - not wanting to wait any more since the first patch has gone through.

Stirling University has a female manager. (I presume Shelley Kerr is in the game). Did that have any bearing on you choosing the club? Also a lot of left footers. Assuming we all play together, even our right winger, ace, is left footed.

Actually, I picked Stirling U mostly because I played a long-term save with Stirling Albion in FM15, and they shared the same stadium with the Uni (although eventually they built a new stadium for Stirling Albion once they started winning the Champions League.) Didn't know about the female manager, sorry I took her job...

If I bump Robinson up to attacking mid, might have to try him at inside forward.

Final score in the first friendly - Uni plays okay, but falls to Falkirk, 4-2. Robinson nets a goal, Shanguang get a goal and assist, winning POM.

Stuart Bunn dislocated his shoulder, out 2-3 months...whoopsie!

Team needs to sign some players, free ones at that, as we're amateur. Also means promotion would likely be a very good thing this year.

So far some pretty good scoring from the wings. Shanguang wasn't content just sitting around watching Ace score a goal had to one up him. Could develop into a fun little competition.

Hope so, in the last Baker's Dozen, William Wallace on the left and Alexander Jaya on the right (I liked to call them Thunder and Lightning) played off each other for 15 years.

After a preseason of 2 wins, 2 losses, 2 ties, Stirling U will open at home against East Kilbride in front of a roaring crowd of...30. (Hey, we only sold 5 season tickets!)

First "official" goal: Protsiuk, at 5:35, perfectly-executed one-on-one with the keeper, pounded home, and a rather impressive cartwheel through the box. However, Kilbride wins 3-1.

Oh, and 14-year-old Arturo Bianco at Cumbernauld notches 2 goals in a 3-2 win.

Any chance of some screenshots of the team?

I just logged out of game to go to bed, I've got a pile of screenshots I'll upload tomorrow morning (mostly the player starting screens). See, that'll drive you crazy, waiting for me to get up and around in the morning. ;)

Our first international call-ups, for the Scotland U-19s.

47CE37F9FF19DE19709F522F94A1C39D67670402

and soon, more call-ups for Scotland, England and Switzerland

854FB7A1B76C719FA6AAEBE8FC20EAC6DBA0DC91

Yeah, we did this to the defending Lowland League champs...

61247C1D537C2A97C992AF22159E488792EE0E28

and our run of form through October:

E2AEA9B45DFA4047AD97554BFC93049B399177BE

Nice to get a callup but it doesn't look i'm first choice for the club

Actually, as the first season ends, you are the 1st-choice MF, but the injury did set you back. I've been trying to rotate everyone through the squad while also keeping the veterans happy. East Kilbride's been pushing the team all season, and I'd really like to get us up a level ASAP, because we've already proven in the cups and friendlies that we can be competitive a level or two higher. But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself (will upload some more screenshots tonight...)

More call-ups:

F0ED9143EAACC08AFC99137C408CDC24209A269F

Seems like the kids at this level get lots of hernias, sprained wrists, and hip injuries...

5CE35A679DF0F5A2A26142BF69A3A8779AFC5B68

DF2B62296592C9ED99F5D08C74809F1A0DE0DA55

4982D104406CA5229BD93022E0A63E3DA9BCCC53

We hung tough in the Scottish Cup, bowing out in the 4th round.

48A5AC4AFA5850F83DBEACCB8E5D6A75DD6F759D

2/3rds of the way through the season, we're hanging on in 1st place.

E3EF9259D78D519B0C444D1BA4BC76DF8150C34B

Bianco over at Cumbernauld seems to be making them a better team:

F7003A7C5F7F20915C809FFA037846AC07DC75CC

into the semi-finals of the South of Scotland Cup...

B35192187A42B0340EE6D38E6E39046537813212

Found out what happened to the former manager at Stirling U...and then we beat her.

19D105ED0C132E462DFC03E22A6B04097FFDBC87

And yes, we clinched the league title with games to spare:

546ACC4A8E0D60FC483703E269472FF4D2635DEF

And then Ace Robinson helps put us in the SoS Cup final:

7DF9107D41C0573AC187E11EB19FBA3ABCD2F625

I'd say we performed "above expectations" in several categories:

C074D58299F94A35A026635DA2826C4DE4B3808B

Still to come: the SoS Cup final and the promotional playoffs.

Do you have any idea on Bianco's stats or attributes?

dang, I thought I had grabbed a screenshot - will get one tonight when I get home from work.

I'm worried that I might have to re-run this after a couple years in-game, because the club hasn't gone "semi-professional" and there is apparently no good defense to pro clubs waltzing right in and signing your players to a pro contract when all you can counter with is "how about I continue to pay you nothing?"

Have you lost any of the B13 yet?

Be interesting to see hwo much T-Shan's injury has set him back. He's not getting any international love, so maybe he'll end up playing for China.

last night's upload/posting was delayed, due to daughter home from college playing "Dragon's Age" on my Steam account.

Without any pertinent spoilers, the Scottish Premiership teams are busily making bids and stealing members of the 13 away. Best case, some of the teams are offering 15% of next sale, some are just offering contracts directly to the players. I guess there's a possibility to put in a loan bid on them, see if we can get them back for another season. Otherwise, I'll soon be following their careers from afar.

Archived