[FM16][WIP] Steklo X6

TomDixon77

This is a lot later than I originally planned (damn you Fallout!) but here are some in progress shots of Steklo X6 (caution, the @2x screenshots are hyooge)

P8ZTMzDl.jpg Qq0eqQFl.jpg

@2x version

nUxrBWll.jpg bVUIbz2l.jpg

Thanks to artdekdok for allowing me to use a modified version of his player profile panels (I've never liked mucking about with those, and lots of the other mods I've seen are far too busy and crowded)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NO NO NO! for me terrible color not green please!
Its clearly seethrough, thats the background image hes chosen, You can pick another.

Indeed, it's just the background image, you can change it. Would you like a paper bag to breathe into, until you regain your composure?

Good stuff Tom.

Not sure on the transparency on the continue button, the green mixed with some team colours doesn't look too good imo. I'd possibly look at making that solid.

Also, titlebar text is a little tricky to read in the Basel/NY images.

I'm probably going to change the fm and continue buttons anyway, I've not come up with something I really like there yet. The text colours thing is something that's always happened because of the glass effect on the header. I might try a drop shadow or something

Yes! The best skin has its WIP thread....yay.

Tom, would it be possible and would you be willing to place the club logo in the top section of the sidebar, above the home icon and thus shifting all those sidebar icons further down?

I could, but I don't like dumping lots of stuff in the header area (and I'm not a fan of small logos either). I might try it at some point and see if I like it.

I could, but I don't like dumping lots of stuff in the header area (and I'm not a fan of small logos either). I might try it at some point and see if I like it.

Fair enough.

I hope you have enough time to work on the skin and you're not too occupied with Fallout.

Good stuff Tom.

Not sure on the transparency on the continue button, the green mixed with some team colours doesn't look too good imo. I'd possibly look at making that solid.

Also, titlebar text is a little tricky to read in the Basel/NY images.

After spending most of the evening trying to find something I liked, this is the closest I've got:

l78qiQUl.jpg

I think I like the idea of it better than the execution. Maybe it'll grow on me, who knows?

Mmm, I'm not feeling it. It looks weird for some reason, out of place. I actually prefer what was earlier in the previous shots.

Have you done the buttons yet Tom? Are they the same as last year's or new ones?

I've done most of them, they will be new ones

Does anyone know how to recolour the buttons like 'Use Offside Trap', etc.? They're using the standard buttons, but all three colours seem to recolour to the same thing, and I can't find anything in the settings that changes it. It's been annoying me all day.

OXkxOPUl.jpg

Tom, look in fm dark-widgets settings.xml file for the following lines (near the bottom):

<!-- team/player instructions dialog key colours -->

<colour name="selected instruction" red="74" green="195" blue="86" alpha="130"/>

<colour name="unselected instruction" red="56" green="60" blue="66" alpha="130"/>

<colour name="conflicting instruction" red="188" green="56" blue="56" alpha="130"/>

<colour name="conflicting with role instruction" red="243" green="177" blue="177" alpha="130"/>

<colour name="preselected instruction" red="218" green="255" blue="196" alpha="130"/>

But beware that these also control the green and the red colors for team and player instructions as well as the text on the sliding box that appears when you click on player icon on the tactics pitch (where there is option to see either description of the role or the attributes required for the role, plus options on the right to edit the role).

How is progress work going on the skin, btw? You are not too distracted by Fallout, are you?:D Any exciting new screenies you can show us?

• 2 weeks later...

Not much, I wasn't in the mood for the past few days, and I've only been doing small things that need to be done, but aren't very exciting (check boxes and things).

I've got an idea in my head for the match headers, but I can't get it to look right in floatypops yet.

Dunno about mods. I've done my two usual ones on the club home page (the stadium pic and the scaling personnel pictures), I'm going to have a look around and see what's what. I'm not a fan of a lot of the panel mods that are knocking about, as they tend to make screens far too busy and cluttered.

Do you plan on including any mods with your skin, besides the player overview screen? And speaking of that screen, could you please make the PPMs selectable at multiple locations/panels?

I've just double checked, PPM's are selectable on all the panels

Remember.... All skinners are volunteers, who makes the experience much better for the users. We have a life too. We don´t get paid for making skins. It would be great if it was so. The Bantams and I, have spend lots of hours, making and tweaking the Andromeda skins. Now we have decided to release the last version for the FM16 campaign, just to have some time to play and enjoy the game. Give Tom Dixon the time he needs to finish his great skin...... Be patient please!!!

Archived