England Squad

Gecko

Im Man Utd and have ben foster as my gk, hes world class gk yet hes 2nd to Paul Robinson. My foster is playing very well this season his best yet averaging 7.19 and Robinson is 7.14. My foster is much more balance as a keeper and pretty much only beaten by 1 stat in reflexes every where else he either equals or has higher.

My question is how can he be over picked....

England managers in real life aren't always right in player selection and thus they won't always be in FM. It is down to the individuals judgement and opinion. Just look at Le Tissier being over looked in the mid 1990's ;):)

I think they've got bang on if they play James, Johnson and Defoe.

I think there was a reason Le Tiss didn't get picked on a regular basis which was probably work ethic

I think they've got bang on if they play James, Johnson and Defoe.

I think there was a reason Le Tiss didn't get picked on a regular basis which was probably work ethic

no, they'd have it dead on if they also picked Crouch, Campbell and the others!

But to the point. It happens all the time. My young goalkeeper Nick Jordan at Pompey is a real big star, with high stats and he's not picked - why? because the current goalkeeper is established with the centrebacks which is important.

no, they'd have it dead on if they also picked Crouch, Campbell and the others!

But to the point. It happens all the time. My young goalkeeper Nick Jordan at Pompey is a real big star, with high stats and he's not picked - why? because the current goalkeeper is established with the centrebacks which is important.

Additionally, and as per the manual. there are rough ages which players in certain positions are said to mature and play their best football

PS Play Up POMPEY :)

In answer to the original question, FM decisions are made way too often based on reputation, and reputation points are very hard to acquire.

In answer to the Le Tissier thing, the reason he wasn't picked is that he wasn't good enough over 90 or even 45 minutes. One game in ten he'd put in a storming 90 minutes, but mostly he was very ordinary except for two or three moments of brilliance which often won/rescued the game. From my memory of pub-bound conversations at the time, I think we concluded it was his athleticism that let him down rather than his natural, undeniable skill.

Archived