FM 16: Best 5 players to buy

evildead56

Živković

Geronimo Rulli

Gabreil Barbosa

Assane Gnoukouri

Grzegorz Krychowiak

Živković is definitely the best one this version for me. Becomes world-class within less than two seasons and he costs around 2mil€, with low wages.

For example Gabriel Barbosa is a similar type of player with similar attributes, but he costs a lot more and wants decent wages.

Rulli has the potential to be the best keeper in the game and you can get him for free at the end of first season.

Gnoukouri is far better than tielemans in my opinion because I dislike lazy midfielders that have no stamina or strenght.

And Krychowiak is just perfect defensive midfielder that's not too expensive.

Andrija Zivkovic!! bought him for 1.1mil in my Hammers save, sold him 2 seasons later to PSG for 50mil + instalments!!

Iver Fossum; class midfielder which does the job right away.

Juan Cazares!! versatile in attacking midfield, can be sold later on to generate money.

Borja San Emeterio! young right back with years to come, can be your right back for the next 15 years and comes in cheap!

Sead Kolasinac, got listed by S04 so i picked him up for peanuts, again very versatile and aggresive ball winning type of a player with very good physicals!!

Andrija Zivkovic!! bought him for 1.1mil in my Hammers save, sold him 2 seasons later to PSG for 50mil + instalments!!

Iver Fossum; class midfielder which does the job right away.

Juan Cazares!! versatile in attacking midfield, can be sold later on to generate money.

Borja San Emeterio! young right back with years to come, can be your right back for the next 15 years and comes in cheap!

Sead Kolasinac, got listed by S04 so i picked him up for peanuts, again very versatile and aggresive ball winning type of a player with very good physicals!!

Agreed with Kolasinac, but he does get booked a lot I've found.

.. everyone bar one in the thread so far buys Zivkovic . The joy for me is finding new players though I guess..

Daniel Bode - probably the best targetman you can get for the money, will come to championship level clubs and run the show.

Johannes Eggestein - can be picked up for release fee and becomes world class.. not mentioned much around here for some reason.

Marcelo Meli - best cheap box to box midfielder in the game for me.. terrific engine.

Borek Dockal - no-one quite like Borek...

Byram - no need for explanation.

2 of mine I manage as they're at my club, but if I managed anywhere else, I'd snap them up...

1. Byram - High quality wing back and can play WM or W role in the MR position.

2. Cook - Will become a top class midfielder, B2B or playmaker, can also play at DM

3. Nicolai Naess - Cheap as chips ball playing defender, won't ever be world class but for Championship / Lower prem no better way to spend money on a defender

4. Ajer - Just going to be a beast

5. TBC :)

.. everyone bar one in the thread so far buys Zivkovic . The joy for me is finding new players though I guess..

Daniel Bode - probably the best targetman you can get for the money, will come to championship level clubs and run the show.

Johannes Eggestein - can be picked up for release fee and becomes world class.. not mentioned much around here for some reason.

Marcelo Meli - best cheap box to box midfielder in the game for me.. terrific engine.

Borek Dockal - no-one quite like Borek...

Byram - no need for explanation.

How much is Eggestein's release clause? Looked at him for my Liverpool save, looks very promising forward.

1. Timo Horn - bargain basement release fee for a quality German keeper.

2. Lucas Romero - top class midfield scrapper for less than 7.5m, oh yes please

3. Sven Bender - 7.5m will get you one of best anchor mans in Germany

4. Charlie Austin - will score and score and score.....all for less than 15m if you get in early

5. Daniele Rugani - He's big, he's strong, he's no slouch in terms of pace and strong mental attributes for a CB, pricey though and Juve aren't keen on letting him go easily

1. Rodrigo Bentancur, central midfielder, Boca, he's one of the best CM in 3/4 seasons, bargain

2. Cristian Pavon, AML/SC, Boca, another great player from the argentinian league, great in both positions, bargain

3. Andrija Zivkovic, you already know him, world class AMR

4. Tiago Maia, a world class DM, for less than 2M€....

5. Lincoln, world class AML, Gremio, must buy

So one more time plenty of talent from South America, as usual in FM...

1. Rodrigo Bentancur, central midfielder, Boca, he's one of the best CM in 3/4 seasons, bargain

2. Cristian Pavon, AML/SC, Boca, another great player from the argentinian league, great in both positions, bargain

3. Andrija Zivkovic, you already know him, world class AMR

4. Tiago Maia, a world class DM, for less than 2M€....

5. Lincoln, world class AML, Gremio, must buy

So one more time plenty of talent from South America, as usual in FM...

Yes Lincoln develops into an absolut AML/AMC Monster, i love this guy - an absolut must buy :D

2. Lucas Romero - top class midfield scrapper for less than 7.5m, oh yes please

3. Sven Bender - 7.5m will get you one of best anchor mans in Germany

4. Charlie Austin - will score and score and score.....all for less than 15m if you get in early

I second all 3 of these, have all of them in my Stoke save, Romero is a fantastic DM, Bender is just unreal as a box to box midfielder for me (and they will accept just £2 mill up front :eek: spread out another £5 million over 48 months and you are laughing) and Austin is scoring for fun.

The other ones i will mention are obvious and been mentioned a lot already, Alvarez Balanta is a rock at the back for a bargain price and Breel Embolo just looks insanely scary.

Damn it I normally sneak in and make this thread :p

Haven't had a chance to recommend a load of players as of yet, but ludwig Augustinsson is a great bargain LB, not the biggest PA but as an attacking wing back just gets the job done bags a few goals and gets loads of assists, and just runs up and down that left side the the duracell bunny. So far I would say my top 5 although not unsurprising are,

1. Ludwig Augustinsson

2. Luan

3. Gabriel Barbosa

4. Mayke

5. Timo Horn

Unheralded talents, will cost about 3bn in total-

1. Lionel Messi.

2. Cristiano Ronaldo.

3. Neymar.

4. Manuel Neuer.

5. Luis Suarez.

The same 'joke' was made 2 posts ago, and it wasn't much fun then either...

Feel free to hold your tongues in the future if you have nothing helpful to add.

I'll add some info:

1. Lincoln - Ambitious and Professional. But he's kind of a diva.

2. Jairo Riedewald - Gets good very, very fast.

3. Marcelo Meli - The only player i know of (by memory) with a work rate of 20. Cheap, young, well rounded, easily available.

4. Federico Fazio - Special case, if you want someone on your bench with 19 Jumping Reach and 19 Heading. In his prime and in Tottenham's bench when the game starts.

5. Donnarumma - game-breaking keeper. As earlier mentioned, easily available. But wants a really high salary, even when young.

G Rulli - quality keeper, and willing to accept a fringe role in season 2 for top clubs

G Barbosa - classy AMR, can't quite get him to work as an ST, but is turning into the ultimate supersub for me

A Laporte - he averaged 8.05 in the first season in my save (under AI control) this guy is good - not quite as good for my CL winning side (7.4) but still beastly for a DC

A Carrillo - like Rulli, on a freebie after season 1, and is a QUALITY AMR

A Cole - as short term fixes go, he's a great DL, but declines quickly after a season (if you can convince him to stay on) before retiring for good before he becomes too bad - wants a sizeable paycheck though, but a cheapie HG option

1. Luciano Vietto - best poacher in the game, just crazy in front of the goal

2. Paul Pogba and Neymar - obviously both are well known world class players, but both can be bought easily by top clubs, which isn't that common for players of their calibre

3. Héctor Bellerín - best right back in the game

4. Kurt Zouma - the best young CB next to Varane and Chelsea sells him for market value

5. Fernando (Man City) - an unusual choice, but in my opinion he's the best player for the anchor man role and City sells him for less than market value

• 4 weeks later...

Surprised no one has mentioned him, but Gonçalo Guedes is great in my game and is essentially Ronaldo the second coming.

Costs quite a bit to buy him, his buy out is like £40m :S but he is very much worth it. Great professional and goals/assists galore.

Also check out Victor, young (15 years old) at start of the game, is Brazilian. Turns out to be an amazing right back and back be picked up for free at the start of the game, although I didn't get him until he turned 17. Very consistent and super stats, highly recommended.

So, like most of you here, I had been waiting to snap up Geronimo Rulli on a free came 2016 January. If not for the attributes (I'm playing Liverpool and Mig is acceptable for me) then for the name; can't get any more bad-ass than "Geronimo Rulli."

So I scouted him a few weeks into the game, like any good manager would do, just to find out that bit more about the guy. Lo and behold, his club gave him a new contract, which he accepted.

So, no Geronimo for me this summer.

What team are you? If you are comparing them to world class players then yes the stars will be lower.

You're very right, I've got a save at Dortmund.

With four stars, my scouts are mostly high on:

Breel Embolo, 18, FC Basel

Tin Jedvaj, 19, Leverkusen

Youri Tielmans, 18, RSC Anderlecht

Nikola Vlasic, 18, Hajduk Split

Bartlomiej Dragowski, 18, Jagiellonia Bialystok

Bryan Heynen, 18, Genk

Lincoln, 18, Gremio

Tobias Suss, 16, Hannover

Am surprised not many have mentioned Renato Sanches of Benfica, hes a brilliant player easily gettable and has a potential touch of the Paul Pogbas about him with his brilliant all round stats.

Absolutely awesome player! I have him playing a Treq-A and he slices open opposing teams and is even good for the odd goal here and there. So calm and cool on the ball too.

Archived