still yet to concede or score from a corner

Scored 1 and conceded 3 in 27 league matches.

Im trying to improve on scoring from them but to no avail at the moment - wardog how many have you managed to score. In my league the top scoring team has 6 goals from corners and the wost performing team has conceded 6 in 27 matches

Im actually wondering if more should be scored than this as irl there would be

I score and concede more on corners than penalties.

I'm extremely unhappy with pen's so far, never considered corners a huge factor in my game plan, so defending is about getting control of the ball (and that with an adjusted tactics works well) and attacking is about not giving away rush chances to the other team (and with adjusted tactics that also seems to work.), so pretty happy with corners so far.

Set Pieces are now at best basic and at worse cosmetic.

Can I replicate my team's corner tactic in FM15? No.

The last couple of incarnations seems to have been based on just taking away options that lead to an exploit instead of re-programming it better.

I'm sure you can appreciate that it is a difficult aspect of the game to simulate the chaotic nature of penalty box runs etc during a corner while still having realistic stats for these events.

I said this last year and it fell on deaf ears ? I thought this year would change because in my first game i scored from a corner and fell off my chair so i thought they have fixed it . But since then nothing . It cant have anything to do with any set ups because the opposition dont score either

I'm sure you can appreciate that it is a difficult aspect of the game to simulate the chaotic nature of penalty box runs etc during a corner while still having realistic stats for these events.

I don't believe the stats are realistic for scoring corners in my save Im in the Indonesian Super League and only 1 team has scored 6 goals from 29 matches, two teams have scored 5 goals, 1 team has 4 goals, 6 teams have 3 goals and the remaining are on less than two.

I believe irl more goals are scored than this throughout a season per team. It also makes the philosophy of 'score goals from set pieces' extremely difficult to implement when the game does not allow that many goals from them. I have also noticed this on other versions of FM. in that there are not many goals from corners. I think it needs looking at without an expliot been made in the game especially as the game has improved this aspect and lets you put in more set pieces during a match on FM16

Halfway through season two for me and I have conceeded from corners but never scored from a single one, admittedly I have a rather short team in general but I have a rather large and effective in the air CB but it is a miracle when my corner takers (18 + 16) even manage to beat the first man so my CB has very little chance of winning the ball.

I think you guys are overestimating just how many corners are scored nowadays. I was looking up stats and it would appear that corners are on the downturn.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/tactics-and-analysis/67/post/2256611/corner-kicks-a-dying-art-in-the-premier-league

But goals from corners seem to be an increasingly rare breed. Of the 570 goals scored in the Premier League this season, only 63 have come from what the football statisticians call "corner situations." That means goals from corners account for just 11.1 percent of the goals so far, a lower proportion than in any of the last six seasons.

Corners themselves certainly aren't rare. This campaign the Premier League is averaging more than 10 per game. In fact, some 2,371 corners have been taken this season, meaning a goal is scored from a corner every 37.6 attempts, or nearly once in every four matches.

These were numbers from the 15/16 PL season. So if you score 75 goals in a season, that you have only scored 5 from corners is very realistic.

Now if people are not scoring any corners at all then it's a problem, but myself and several others in this thread have scored a fair share from corners in FM 16.

Archived