The Shadow Striker doesn´t work anymore...

Hey there.

In FM 15 i really loved the Role Shadow Striker. I even played a strikerless 3man- Shadow Strike Taktik. It was so fun.

This year it seems the Shadow Striker do something different, but i dont get it. He just pushes forward, dont bring himself into play...

The gap between Midfield and the SS is so big, even coupled with a DLF/a-s don´t work out. Now i prefere the Role Attacking Midfielder or Trequista, they bring more variety to the table.

Has anyone suckes with a Shadow Striker so far? And if yes how?

The gap between Midfield and the SS is so big, even coupled with a DLF/a-s don´t work out

How would a DLF solve the problem of the midfield being too far away? You've identified the issue why your SS isn't working (the midfield being too far away). So what did you try to fix it? A SS is a pure goal-scoring role, but if he isn't get the supply, support or space then he can't do his job.

Yes that makes sense. In the fm 15 the Shadow Striker wasnt so high up the Pitch and created many chances for himself and others.

In 16 he is very offensiv and rushes more into goal scoring possession. Should he even coupled with another Striker than?

But yes, it makes sense to bring other players higher on the pitch to support him

I am utilising a SS quite effectively in my tactic where I have a single SC(DLF or AF). I utilise Wing Backs to provide plenty of supply and although the SC is the main goalscoring threat the SS chips in with a double digit tally for both goals and assists.

I'm trying to use a similar tactic that I found success with in FM 2015, but it did rely heavily on the SS to create opportunities, and has been completely toothless so far in FM 2016. If it is just the role, hopefully that will be fixable. When I used a SS as Toronto ni FM 2015, Giovinco tore up defenses, running at them, making thru/square passes for assists and generally causing havoc. However, there has been no trace of the SS running at defenses in this one or making these crucial passes. I've paired him with a Defensive Forward in both tactics, so that part hasn't changed. Just curious if it is the change in the match engine, or this particular role has changed that is causing the difference in my tactics.

Okay, so what kind of formation are you guys using around him? I want to have that kind of player as a focal point, but I clearly am not doing it right currently, so any suggestions are welcome.

I'm using Defensive 4-4-2ish shape with DMs and Rooney is behind a CF (s). I also gave him Roam From Position PI as well

Archived