[FM16] USV 4-3-3 Tactic

This is the tactic from my Youtube series -

The tactic can be downloaded via Steam.

The reason I mention the series is because that is by far the best way to get a feel for what type of players you'll want to use in this system and the type of stylish football it can produce. But I'll summarise below.

• The wingbacks are set to attack therefore need to be good at crossing and dribbling as they'll be the main creative force from out wide.
  • It's nice if the centre backs are quite pacey but not essential.
  • The deep-lying playmaker can get quite high up the pitch so the more offensive attributes he has the better.
  • The ball-winning midfielder is a bit of a water carrier in this system but I've found with a talented player he can still get a good average rating each season.
  • The Advanced playmaker could easily be a retrained AMC. Think of a David Silva or Mesut Ozil in this role, it's fine.
  • The inside forwards sit narrow so don't be scared to retrain strikers but do look for players with good off the ball movement so they can ghost into dangerous areas inside the box.
  • The complete forward will ideally but just that, an all-rounder but I've found changing the role to suit a player doesn't have great results tactically. Therefore I'd advise against changing the role.

Feedback would be great but go easy because it's worked well for me. If you see a flaw then I'm happy to take that on board or even change the tactic as part of the evolution process. But I've spent a lot of time on this so it hasn't been thrown together without thought. I've tweaked and tested it for ages and I'm very happy with the type of football it produces.

Enjoy :)

8CrVIaR.png

P03KzXQ.png

Looks like most promissing tactic i tried but deffence is leeking, that is the only thing to be tweeked the rest is pretty good.

Keep up the good work !

Yeah seems like the defence is allmost as bad as the offence is good.

Right now, seems to be the most stable tactic in this year's FM. I've been struggling with Marseille. Now, using this tactic, I'm back on tracks. Wingers are doing an incredible job. You'll score at least 2 goals a game using this tactic, needs a little more tweaks to be extremly powerful but good job, really !

Having real difficulty getting this tactic into my games. I've tried the normal troubleshooting problems like reloading my games & FM,also unsubscribing then subscribing again but nothing seems to work! :(

Could any1 help me? Or if some1 could load the tactic onto a hosting site & post the download link that would be great.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Playing with my beloved Villa, so this season in FM is prob the most difficult in the history of the game.

A poor squad, no money and a hell of a job to do.

Played 10 games so far, sitting 10th.

Won 5, Drawn 1 and lost 4 with a GD of +1 16/15.

I'm pretty impressed with the tactic so far.

I think I've seen the "Good, the bad and the ugly (oh and the down right lucky!)" of this tactic so far...

I'm playing as Manchester United because I fancied trying this tactic with my favorite team. I signed Juan Iturbe to play down the right hand side and Enzo Roco as backup for the center backs as he is a good all round center back with decent pace. Not sold anyone, just sent some players out on loan.

Man Utd 5 - 0 Aston Villa - Wayne Rooney was injured, so I played Martial up front with Iturbe and Memphis down the wings. This was an amazing start and I thought the tactic was going to be amazing after I saw this match. Martial scored a cracking 4 goals! The only downside is Iturbe had a poor match and had to be replaced with Valencia (who did amazing when he came on). I'm not sure if he doesn't fit the tactic or he's just not settled in yet. The Good

Everton 2 - 2 Man Utd - Everton took the game to us and our defense was all over the place, only managing to keep them at bay through last ditch challengers and some great saves. We played decent on the counter and we looked like we were going to win until their 91st minute equaliser (they deserved it in truth after 17 shots at our goal...) The Bad

Sparta Prague 3 - 2 Man utd - It was like playing Everton again except worse... We got an early goal through some brilliance by Luke Shaw and Wayne Rooney and things looked promising, but promising was never to be... They absolutely destroyed us in all aspects, attacking, defending, possession and execution. In the second half they scored 3 goals in 8 minutes and to top it off, Wayne Rooney was walking around the pitch like an old man. Memphis was the only man who turned up today in reality and we were lucky he did as he smashed in a long range free kick late on to earn us 2 away goals and keep out Champions League aspirations alive. The Ugly

Man Utd 2 - 1 Sunderland - Nothing much to note here, was a pretty poor match from both sides, although I felt we fully deserved the victory through our sheer dominance of possession. Martial scored the first, then Defoe equalized after a massive defensive blunder, but thankfully Iturbe turned up today and scored an 83rd minute winner.

Man Utd 4 - 0 Sparta Prague - I told the players to go out there and take their revenge, but despite a late first half penalty from Michael Carrick to put us 1 - 0 up, we weren't looking good for our money. I replaced Iturbe who really has struggled since his arrival and brought on Valencia yet again and the second half was another story, we played with conviction which we didn't have in the first half and were soon 2 - 0 up in the 65th minute. We scored in the 89th and 91st after I gave the team license to attack late on with Valencia getting another and Depay getting on the scoresheet.

Chelsea 1 - 2 Man Utd - I was very worried about this match as it came around because our struggles have mostly been in away games, but we got an early penalty decision in the 12th minute, which Michael Carrick once again converted (Controversial circumstances?). As the game progressed our players grew tired but were fighting to keep us ahead. 77 minutes in we eventually collapsed and Diego Costa finally made his way through our barrier to make it 1 - 1... At this point I felt destined for defeat as I was sure they would take advantage of the situation, HOWEVER! 4 minutes later Willian comes flying in from behind and chops Michael Carrick to the ground (apparently he wasn't happy about our penalty?) RED CARD. I instantly felt we could go on and win and I gave the team the go ahead to attack from the off, to which Ander Herrera obliged with a fantastic strike in the 84th! We didn't just hang on though, we kept attacking until the final whistle! THE DOWNRIGHT LUCKY!

Overall, I'm disappointed with how we play in away matches, but at home we seem unbeatable even when we don't play well. On another note, I'm pleased to see this game has realism as Jose obviously had a rant about our penalty after the game haha!

Will post more of my progress with this tactic once I've played more games, probably after the following fixtures...

Stoke (H)

Olympiakos (A)

Southampton (A)

Ipswich (A)

Swansea (H)

Juventus (H)

Juventus will obviously be a big test for this tactic, especially with us being at home as we haven't really met any top opposition at home yet.

mikenevo. You've hit the nail on the head when you've said it will be good for some people. Imo there is no such thing as a plug and play tactic. Did you tweak it to fit your players at all? if not then I'm not surprised you've been left disappointed as I don't feel United are a good fit for the tactic whatsoever.

I mainly changed to attacking when we needed to and sometimes I moved to AP into the CAM spot which seemed effective in home games, but in away games we were totally destroyed no matter what I did, even against weak opposition. What teams would you say fit the tactic?

you click subscribe.

Hi Statistical Approach. I clicked subscribe, but I can't do anything further. It won't say download or use, or something like that, in both Steam, and the Steam website. I cannot see it in my FMTouch game eigther. Perhaps I am missing something, or did it wrong?

Using this with Oxford City in Conference National South. Won 26 and drawn 2 matches in the league so far, and still in the FA cup after a few lucky draws against League 1 teams. Oxford has a few overpowered players in my opinion, but I would still put most of our success down to this tactic, and possibly managing the team talks myself. At this level, delegating team talks can often lead to assistants saying the wrong things and damaging team morale, which is still a very important aspect of FM.

• 1 month later...

Well, this is very interesting, cause i'm trying to make something extremely similar but I'm a little bit struggling at the moment.

I'd like to know what do you (and in particular what Cleon think...) about that 3 players attack-minded on the same side...

Archived