jonnycosmic

xml should look like

<record from="serrano_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/317347/kits/away"/>

<record from="socorrense_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/19144922/kits/home"/>

<record from="socorrense_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/19144922/kits/away"/>

<record from="novo_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/308628/kits/home"/>

<record from="novo_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/308628/kits/away"/>

<record from="novo_3" to="graphics/pictures/team/308628/kits/third"/>

with the novo_3 bit, you kit png name and the 30628 being replaced with the correct team ID

Though if a team doesn't have a default 3RD kit set in the database then you cannot add a custom 3RD kit as they don't have one to add.

The only way to add a third kit to the team is to add a third kit in the pre-game editor, but these changes will only affect new games, not existing save games.

I was afraid you'd say this.

I know SI are big on realism and licensing, but they don't half make it difficult to customise the game.

Think you can do it with the in-game editor as well but I'd only advise that if it's a long term save as you'll in theory be doing it twice. Once for your current save then again for every save after that in the pre game editor.

And sadly, the in-game editor doesn't enable the 3rd kit if the team doesn't have one by default.

I was afraid you'd say this.

I know SI are big on realism and licensing, but they don't half make it difficult to customise the game.

Config files can only assign graphics to existing kits, they cannot create them out of nothing, as the game has no way of knowing what colour your custom kit is. At best all they could do is allow the showing of phantom third kits when there is an entry in the config file, but these seems pointless as it would never be used by the actual game and would just leave to confusion with people wondering why their phantom third kit is never used.

Though as said the game already includes tools to add an actual third kit to your team using either of the editors, once you have done that then you can assign your image to the now created third kit.

• 2 weeks later...

just to pick up on this. As I said, you can add a third kit via the in-game editor but it seems you can't then add a custom kit via a config file. Which is disappointing. Maybe because the game only looks for 2 kits for that club even after the in-game editor has added a third and the config file has the correct info.

Anyone got any suggestions to resolve this?

Archived