442 Death By Crosses

Tactic Download Link

https://www.mediafire.com/?a6a7sjlexg2xoys

This 442 Tactic is a muck spreader by this I mean the passes are constant and all over the pitch.

What you get from this tactic is overlapping fullbacks who make good quality crosses along with the wingers.

The strikers are a Deep Lying Forward who is a mobile Target Man. The other striker is a Advanced Forward who scores and creates goals.

Your main threat is the crosses from both Fullback and Winger, the wingers score a number of goals arriving late on the back post. Both Fullback and Winger will have high assist rates.

Midfield wise you have to Ball Winning Midfielders who act like hoovers sweeping up bad passes and tackling everything that moves.

The Defence is mean due to the set up used as you can see with the low goals against in the screen shots.

Player Requirements

Fullbacks:- Pace& Crossing as high as you can get

Wingers Pace &Crossing as high as you can get also good finishing stats are a bonus.

All other players just the usual stats for the roles that are set.

Game Management

Go with what you feel, if you need to then attack.

If your Target Man is been beaten in the air the swap to either the left or right version.

If you are struggling to score the use the shout Get Creative as this often helps.

Training & Match Prep

Pre Season :-Match Prep Tactics

Squad Training Fitness

Season :- Match Prep Go with what Scout Suggests

Squad Training Balanced High

Train all players on individual training to the role they play.

OI's

Set them using your best Tactical Knowledge Coach or Ass Man

In Game Changes

With the new version start the game with the tactic if you go one up consider going to Control or Counter depending on how you feel the game is going.

If you think that the ball is stuck in the middle and nothing is happening then change the instructions to exploit the flanks.

If you wish to protect a lead and still attack then use Counter if not then go defensive.

1_zoa26d.jpg2_r6nuhd.jpg3_vylies.jpg2015-11-27_00001_wozzu2.jpg2015-11-27_00002_zrj3ac.jpg

its nearly the same as a tactic I did/want to use....it does give GOALS at both ends

it ends up being more a 4-2-4 with my tactic and the BIG teams tended to boss me in midfield, found same issue using a genuine target man, it was hoof it to the big man

thanks for upload

great to see the old 4-4-2 coming back into use hate the modern system with 1 upfront got to have a partnership even if it is 4-4-1-1

which in reality a DLF becomes a 4-4-1-1

of interest I tried to get that DLF to drop back without ball but didn't really pan out(ie he should be the 3rd man in middle if needed on defence)anyone getting joy at this

Definitely recommend putting the d line to deeper.

Everyone enjoys the D being deeper :brock:

Although on a serious note i'm going to be implementing a similar system for my team only i'm hoping to get it to be a bit more like Fergie's United with the fast attacking dangerous play but with DLPd's as the midfield covering players

Have now posted the final version. The tactic is now just one tactic, I have now changed how the fullbacks work and now they sit better in the defence and don't go rushing out leaving loads of space.

Will add some screen shots of the league table and squad I have.

Any help or feedback would be great as I feel the corners attacking could do with some more zip in them.

Managing Salford (now in Conference National) I was mid table and on a bad run of 6+ gamed without a win, switched to this and won 5 out of the next 6 inc vs 1st positioned Gateshead. However it's fallen off again and now I'm struggling, to be fair though I can't seem to get any tactic in this league to work consistently, despite (IMO) having a fairly ok side.

Thanks for those wins though, almost edged me into a play off place :)

Seems a good tactic and can work at lower levels.

I have found that one small mistake in the team talk can cause a loss. Also try changing the strategy mid game if you cant score the go attacking, if you are struggling then go with counter or even defensive I have found these help a lot

Unfortunately didn't work for me in my Salford game, ass handed to me too often and sacked.

Just seemed like the full backs were always either out of position or overrun

that is my concern this has happened to me every time I have tried an attacking 4-4-2 type situation

Tactic Download Link

This 442 Tactic is a muck spreader by this I mean the passes are constant and all over the pitch.

What you get from this tactic is overlapping fullbacks who whip in crosses along with the wingers.

The strikers are a Deep Lying Forward who is a mobile Target Man. The other striker is a Advanced Forward who scores and creates goals.

Your main threat is the crosses from both Fullback and Winger, the wingers score a number of goals arriving late on the back post. Both Fullback and Winger will have high assist rates.

Midfield wise you have to Ball Winning Midfielders who act like hoovers sweeping up bad passes and tackling everything that moves.

The Defence is mean due to the set up used as you can see with the low goals against in the screen shots.

Player Requirements

Fullbacks:- Pace& Crossing as high as you can get

Wingers Pace &Crossing as high as you can get also good finishing stats are a bonus.

All other players just the usual stats for the roles that are set.

Game Management

Go with what you feel, if you need to then attack.

If your Target Man is been beaten in the air the swap to either the left or right version.

If you are struggling to score the use the shout Get Creative as this often helps.

Training & Match Prep

Pre Season :-Match Prep Tactics

Squad Training Fitness

Season :- Match Prep Go with what Scout Suggests

Squad Training Balanced High

Train all players on individual training to the role they play.

OI's

Set them using your best Tactical Knowledge Coach or Ass Man

1_zoa26d.jpg2_r6nuhd.jpg3_vylies.jpg2015-11-27_00001_wozzu2.jpg2015-11-27_00002_zrj3ac.jpg

there is another version 424 at FMBASE.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mrdanbartlett it works fine with the new patch. I have made some changes to the tactic and if all goes well later on today then I will upload the new one.

I have added some new free kick routines and have changed one or two players instructions.

Archived