Would you sign a player with these attributes?

This is FM14 but it still relates to any fm. He is insane technically but his physicals are very poor.

I'm manager of Seoul, we're probably the best team in Asia but i have a maximum amount of foreign players in my squad. The other guy i have i'd considering replacing him with is pretty good technically and much faster than Erik but he's not on Erik's level technical wise 6e509220ee7533e8bc374feceb742c90

I would look at his performances at his current club.

If they seem consistent and he has a decent average I would take a risk on him providing no other major weaknesses. He could make a good supporting striker linking play.

That said my experiences with players who have poor physical attributes are generally poor.

but it depends how you use him

if you're looking for a player that just stands there and scores goals, then yeah he'll be your guy (Trequartisa could be a good role, as it requires little defensive work) - although that 20/20 teamwork workrate could work against you (also his 'jumping height' means he'll be poor at crosses)

if you're looking for a player to beat the man, then no, look elsewhere

personally, I wouldn't - as I look for a player that can actually contribute in other ways, rather than just banging them in (reacting to rebounds, and actually having the speed to get into the box in the first place)

although I accept that the Korean league has a different style to a CL contender playing in England

edit: also bear in mind that if the other player is 2-footed, then the technicals should be expected to be 2-3 lower than his (it's just the way it is in FM)

Archived