Fitness and resting

How do you deal with your fitness of players and resting.

I am playing as Liverpool and generally have 2 games a week most weeks.

I generally dont start someone who has less than 95% fitness, at most they will be a sub. Good use of squad rotation and use of young players in "easier" games is a must to keep your best players fit.

I also dont allow any rest days in training. Is it worth having a rest day after games? Does it help recover fitness? Is it worth the loss of training time?

How do you cope with players fitness?

How do you deal with your fitness of players and resting.

I am playing as Liverpool and generally have 2 games a week most weeks.

I generally dont start someone who has less than 95% fitness, at most they will be a sub. Good use of squad rotation and use of young players in "easier" games is a must to keep your best players fit.

I also dont allow any rest days in training. Is it worth having a rest day after games? Does it help recover fitness? Is it worth the loss of training time?

How do you cope with players fitness?

I don't pay too much attention to it. My benchmark for playing a player is 90%, though.

I also make sure my subs and unused players are available for reserve fixtures to try to keep their match sharpness up.

I'm pretty much the same as the last poster. Players only start for me at 90% (I do make exceptions if its a must win game or a huge opponent and he's a key player) but 89% or less they are a sub. I always check players fitness the day before a match and if they are sitting at say 85-86% I usually give them 1 days rest from training. Also i always give the whole squad the day off after a game.

I also play players in the reserves - anyone with 79% match sharpness.

As always a rest day after game, also if any players finish in the high 60's-low 70's I give them another day rest manually.

This makes sure that all the players are +93 condition come next match day.

p.s I do rotate for minor cup games.

FM16 has changed condition, a player that was at 70% in FM15 is equal to something like 5x% in FM16.

A player still report as tired sub 90%, so I use that as a major cut off point for not playing them. Where in FM15 the 95% was more reasonable.

I've given up on trying to maximize training days. I rest before and after match and always make sure I have two rest days between matches. In FM15 I used before match and set match tactics so it created 1½ rest day.

Players that need training, because they don't get enough on pitch training, is kept in the other two teams.

Edit: I had trouble with players getting training injuries, when I tried to continue my before match rest strategy, the problem seems to have vanished after I made sure player got rested before they trained.

FM16 has changed condition, a player that was at 70% in FM15 is equal to something like 5x% in FM16.

A player still report as tired sub 90%, so I use that as a major cut off point for not playing them. Where in FM15 the 95% was more reasonable.

I've given up on trying to maximize training days. I rest before and after match and always make sure I have two rest days between matches. In FM15 I used before match and set match tactics so it created 1½ rest day.

Players that need training, because they don't get enough on pitch training, is kept in the other two teams.

Edit: I had trouble with players getting training injuries, when I tried to continue my before match rest strategy, the problem seems to have vanished after I made sure player got rested before they trained.

Condition hasn't changed at all for this version it's the same as FM15. Condition was changed for FM15 and the average now is 90-95%.

Your issue with tired players comes from far too many rest days though.

Archived