What do coach mentalities actually mean in the game?

Just firing up a new game with Wrexham, and realised that the coaching staff pretty much need rebuilt from scratch. Using advice from another thread, I highlighted Determination, Motivating, and Discipline as vital background stats, then concentrated on their coaching stats. I now have a shortlist of the best coaches I can afford (in my opinion, of course). However, all of them have a 'Cautious' or even 'Very Cautious' mentality, except the Assistant I want, who is 'Balanced'. I don't understand what is the best blend, nor what effect the coach mentalities will have on match day...should I go for coaches with matching or conflicting mentalities, and if I bring in all these cautious coaches will I be blunting my team as an attacking force? I have a very small squad, with decent pace, so I was planning to play low tempo, short passing, probably going for control, I've already lost 2 saves to ridiculous levels of injury so I'm trying to minimise the effort my players need to put in, keeping the ball until a clear chance arises and not chasing the ball. So I would've thought cautious coaches would help? I am more than likely 100% wrong, and grateful for any thoughts.

The staff mentalities indicate AI managers' tactical preferences (i.e., whether they tend to be more defensive or attacking). They have nothing to do with how coaches approach training. Their ability to coach attacking and defensive attributes are represented by the relevant staff attributes in their profile.

Archived