National cup seeding problem

el_duderino

• 4 months later...
You are looking -->general-->draw rules

But there is also a tab

Valid cup draw rules below general.

Does Division 1 have to be same as Division 2, when picking "keep teams from same division apart"?

• 4 years later...

Hey I need some help on FM19.. databases... I created Luxembourg nation rules, it’s been verified. I increased the number of teams to 84. The issue is now in game in the FA cup type comp! I set it up, so that 8 teams went into a qualification round, those winners (4) were then joined by another 28 teams in a 2nd qualification round, and in total those 32 teams battled it out to reach a group stage of 16 groups 4 teams in each, where those 16 winners met the final 48 seeded teams. As you can see that totals to 84 teams.. yet in the group stage none of the top division teams have made it, and I noticed every team in the first qualification round qualified for the 2nd qualification round despite 4 obviously losing, and I also noticed that the groups only have 15 groups of 4 which is 60 teams not 64 (16 + 48 is what it should be after those 2 qualification rounds). What has happened? And how do I stop eliminated teams from re-entering the cup? And why hasn’t it added the premier division to the cup? Even though it shows in the rules for the cup? Thanks 🙏

• 3 years later...