FM16: AC Milan - Taking Back What's Rightfully Ours

Harryseaess

AC Milan FM16 Team Thread

AC_MILAN-logo-87399104D2-seeklogo.com.gif

Brief History

Early Years

A.C. Milan was founded as Milan Cricket and Foot-Ball Club on 13 December 1899 by English expatriates Alfred Edwards and Herbert Kilpin, who came from the English city of Nottingham. In honour of its English origins, the club has retained the English spelling of the city's name, as opposed to the Italian spelling Milano which it was forced to bear under the fascist regime.

Milan won its first Italian Championship in 1901 and a further two in succession in 1906 and 1907. In 1908, Milan experienced a split caused by internal disagreements over the signing of foreign players, which led to the forming of another Milan-based team, F.C. Internazionale Milano. Following these events, Milan did not manage to win a single domestic title until 1950-51.

1950s to 1980s

The 1950s saw the club return to the top of Italian football, headed by the famous Gre-No-Li Swedish trio Gunnar Gren, Gunnar Nordahl and Nils Liedholm. This was one of the club’s most successful periods domestically, with the Scudetto going to Milan in 1951, 1955, 1957, 1959 and 1962.

In this period, Milan won the European Cup twice, in 1963 and 1969.

Totonero Scandal

In 1980 the club was involved in the Totonero Scandal and as punishment was relegated to Serie B for the first time in its history. Milan achieved promotion back to Serie A at the first attempt, winning the 1980-81 Serie B title, but were relegated a year later as the team ended its 1981-82 campaign in third last place. In 1983, Milan won the Serie B title for the second time in three seasons to return to Serie A, where they achieved a sixth-place finish in 1983-84.

Berlusconi the Saviour

On 20 February 1986, entrepreneur Silvio Berlusconi acquired the club and saved it from bankruptcy investing vast amounts of money, appointing rising manager Arrigo Sacchi at the helm of Rossoneri and signing Netherlands internationals Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten and Frank Rijkaard. The Dutch trio added an attacking impetus to the team, and complemented the clubs Italian internationals Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi, Alessandro Costacurta and Roberto Donadoni.

Under Sacchi, Milan won its first Scudetto in nine years in the 1987-88 season. The following year the club won its first European Cup in two decades and then retained it a year later. The Milan team of 1989-90 has been voted the best club side of all time.

Fabio Capello

Capello’s Milan won three consecutive Sere A titles between 1992 and 1994, a spell which included a 58 match unbeaten run in Serie A and back-to-back Champions League final appearances in 1993 and 1994, wining the Champions League in 1994 with a 4-0 victory over Barcelona. Capello’s team went on to win the 1995-96 league title before he left to coach Real Madrid in 1996.

In 1998-99, Milan lifted its 16th championship in the club’s centenary season.

Carlo Ancelotti

Ancelotti was appointed as manager of Milan in November 2001. Ancelotti took Milan to the 2003 Champions League Final, where they defeated Juventus on penalties to win the club’s sixth European Cup. The team then won the Scudetto in 2003-04, before reaching the 2005 Champions League Final against Liverpool, which they lost on penalties.

Two years later, the two teams met again in the 2007 Champions League Final with Milan winning 2-1 to lift the title for a seventh time. The team then won its first FIFA Club World Cup in December 2007.

Calciopoli Scandal

Five teams were accused of fixing matches by selecting favourable referees in the Calciopoli Scandal. A police enquiry exluded any involvement of Milan managers, but FIGC unilaterally decided that it had sufficient evidence to charge Milan vice-president, Adriano Galliani. As a result, Milan was initially punished with a 15-point deduction and was banned from the 2006-07 UEA Champions League. An appeal saw that penalty reduced to eight points, which allowed the club to retain its Champions League participation.

Milan won their 18th and most recent Serie A title in the 2010-11 season.

The future is in your hands, can you return Milan to the powerhouse of European football that it once was?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club Information

Full name: Associazione Calcio Milan S.p.A

Nicknames: Rossoneri

Chairman: Silvio Berlusconi

Managing Director: Adriano Galliani, Barbara Berlusconi

Current Manager: Sinisa Mihajlovic

Fierce Rivals: Inter Milan, Juventus

Other Rivals: Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Lazio, Verona

Derbies: Derby della Madonnina(vs Inter Milan)

Media Prediction: 2nd

Club Captain: Riccardo Montolivo

Vice-captain: Christian Abbiati

Club Facilities

Training Facilities: Excellent training facilities

Youth Facilities: Superb youth facilities

Stadium

san-siro-6-2107019.jpg

Name: San Siro

Capacity: 80,018

Club Finances

Estimated Value: £675m (Loan Debt: £170m)

Transfer Budget: £6.4m

Wage Budget: £1.4m p/w

Delighted to see an AC thread, what with the other side of Milan getting one!

I'm currently in the middle of a terrible first season but really enjoying is, Balotelli is actually my brightest spark of a poor first campaign.

• 3 weeks later...

Milan starts with lots of deadwood, especially because of their overrated players and their insane wages.

First season i have finished 6th and narrowly made it to euro cup.

everything was going smooth and realistic until....

30th of June, i got taken over by an english sugar daddy, and now my transfer budget is 450M $

I have read about these in earlier versions but never have ever experienced it before.

I'll fill the details later but as of now, i am creating the dream team :D

There is a general Serie A & B thread as well which is quite good. Well done in getting the thread started Harryseaess but not sure why you want to highlight the Totornero scandal or calciopoli (unjustly punished which will not go into here) as its something we'd rather forget?

I see people just want this thread as an easy answer of who to buy/sell when they start the game, they literally want others to play the game for them. Which is not the point of a team thread IMO.

I was going to do a breakdown of the team but haven't got round to it. If somebody else wants to do it then feel free. PeterPistola moaning a lot but I don't see him offering to do it.

My thoughts on the team is as follows;

I've only had a quick go on FM so far with AC Milan. Montolivo and Bacca were really good for me. In the Summer Berlusconi has finally spent some $ and cleared out some deadwood.

Will play a 4-3-3;

GK: Lopez

DR: Abate or DES or Calabria

DL: Antonini

DC: Romagnoli

DC: Mexes/Alex/Zapata

DMC: De Jong

MC: Monty

MC: Bertolacci/Poli

AMR: Niang/Cerci

AML: Bonaventura

FC: Bacca / back up Supermario/Adriano

Milan have some good youngsters who should be good in a couple of seasons as well; Donnarumma and Locatelli and Mastour (on loan in Spain).

Tassotti is a scout so its best to fire your Asst Manager and renew Tassotti's contract as Asst Manager.

Milan board expect qualification for UEFA cup but with the squad should be looking @ champs league football at least then onwards to bring the glory days back.

So all in all Milan have a good squad, will be looking for a central defender to play alongside the talented Romagnoli who should be your left sided DC for a long time.

Finally, as the U20's/Reserve side have no fixtures (as in previous years) I suggest getting rid of all players in that squad and all U20 coaching staff to save some money.

Nigel De Jong - 3 Appearances, 3 Red Cards! Fined him a weeks wages and he's threw a paddy and wants to leave :D

I've started a game as A.C. Milan. Disabled transfers to keep things a bit more realistic.

Currently using this;

GK - SK (S) - Diego Lopez

DR - WB(A) - Abate/De Sciglio

DL - WB(S) - Antonelli/De Sciglio

DC(l) - DC© - Romagnoli

DC® - DC(D) - Mexes/Alex/Zapata

MC® - RPM(S) - Bertolacci/Montolivo

MC - BWM(D) - Kucka/De Jong

MC(l) - B2B(S) - Poli

AMC - E(A) - Bonaventura/Honda

ST - T(A) - Cerci/Balotelli

ST - AF(A) - Bacca/Adriano

Why don't you do it if you don't really want to lose to the Inter thread? Just because TS is MIA doesn't mean others can't add in to what he has already put up.

I would if I had the game, I've made my misses for the past 3 years that part of her role being with me is that she has to buy it for me. I haven't got it yet, so I guess she'll get it for chrissy for me. So just like a breakdown of Milan's squad and potential easy transfer options.

I see people just want this thread as an easy answer of who to buy/sell when they start the game, they literally want others to play the game for them. Which is not the point of a team thread IMO.

I was going to do a breakdown of the team but haven't got round to it. If somebody else wants to do it then feel free. PeterPistola moaning a lot but I don't see him offering to do it.

Yeah I'll breakdown Milan's team while playing Fifa 16. Don't have the game dude.

Nigel De Jong - 3 Appearances, 3 Red Cards! Fined him a weeks wages and he's threw a paddy and wants to leave :D

I've started a game as A.C. Milan. Disabled transfers to keep things a bit more realistic.

Currently using this;

GK - SK (S) - Diego Lopez

DR - WB(A) - Abate/De Sciglio

DL - WB(S) - Antonelli/De Sciglio

DC(l) - DC© - Romagnoli

DC® - DC(D) - Mexes/Alex/Zapata

MC® - RPM(S) - Bertolacci/Montolivo

MC - BWM(D) - Kucka/De Jong

MC(l) - B2B(S) - Poli

AMC - E(A) - Bonaventura/Honda

ST - T(A) - Cerci/Balotelli

ST - AF(A) - Bacca/Adriano

BWM is the most aggressive role in FM. It has PIs like higher closing down, tackles harder, add that to NDJ high aggression and PPMs like dives into tackles and argues with officials, he will behave like a unleashed mad dog.

BWM is the most aggressive role in FM. It has PIs like higher closing down, tackles harder, add that to NDJ high aggression and PPMs like dives into tackles and argues with officials, he will behave like a unleashed mad dog.

Pretty sure Nigel de Jong doesn't need to be told how to behave like a mad dog, he spends at least half his time being exactly that:D

• 3 weeks later...
My thoughts on the team is as follows;

I've only had a quick go on FM so far with AC Milan. Montolivo and Bacca were really good for me. In the Summer Berlusconi has finally spent some $ and cleared out some deadwood.

Will play a 4-3-3;

GK: Lopez

DR: Abate or DES or Calabria

DL: Antonini

DC: Romagnoli

DC: Mexes/Alex/Zapata

DMC: De Jong

MC: Monty

MC: Bertolacci/Poli

AMR: Niang/Cerci

AML: Bonaventura

FC: Bacca / back up Supermario/Adriano

Milan have some good youngsters who should be good in a couple of seasons as well; Donnarumma and Locatelli and Mastour (on loan in Spain).

Tassotti is a scout so its best to fire your Asst Manager and renew Tassotti's contract as Asst Manager.

Milan board expect qualification for UEFA cup but with the squad should be looking @ champs league football at least then onwards to bring the glory days back.

So all in all Milan have a good squad, will be looking for a central defender to play alongside the talented Romagnoli who should be your left sided DC for a long time.

Finally, as the U20's/Reserve side have no fixtures (as in previous years) I suggest getting rid of all players in that squad and all U20 coaching staff to save some money.

Whats with the no U20's reserve games? Is that a club decision? Or something to do with Italy?

Whats with the no U20's reserve games? Is that a club decision? Or something to do with Italy?

To do with Italy. If you look at reserve squad in game & real life a lot of players are out on loan to lower league clubs. Second team is Primavera; U18's. I think Serie A was looking at reserve league a while ago.

Thinking about it it would be good though if SI added Milan Glorie; http://www.acmilan.com/en/teams/milan_glorie !!!

To do with Italy. If you look at reserve squad in game & real life a lot of players are out on loan to lower league clubs. Second team is Primavera; U18's. I think Serie A was looking at reserve league a while ago.

Thinking about it it would be good though if SI added Milan Glorie; http://www.acmilan.com/en/teams/milan_glorie !!!

Ah thank you mate.

I did wonder why some of the Italian teams had such massive squads, most of them out on loan. Didn't realise they didn't have a reserve league

• 3 weeks later...

There's no need to purchase midfielders, Jose Mauri turns into a beast, Manuel Locatelli and Alessandro Mastalli likewise. 19 and both 16 respectively. Keep De Jong if you can due to being solid defensively, Andrea Poli is still quality as a box to box player. Montolivo for one more season as a deep lying playmaker (for me though he's forever being injured). Nocerino sell, Kucka keep as a backup. Well this is what I'll be doing anyways. Plus Donnarumma as my number 1, and Abbiati as back up. Abate as my number one RB with Calabria as a back up. Another one of Milan's gems in the Primavera. DES as starting LB with Antonini as back up. That's 3 positions filled with also back up all entirely being Milan juniors, incredible.

Romagnoli hands down starter. Sell Mexes due to wages and his temperament. Zapata also as he's awful url (don't care if he was the best in the game, I'd still sell), keep Alex may be slow but he's solid. Then you just need another back up and a starter. I'll be pushing for Daniele Rugani as a starter, may be difficult but i'll try, if I can't then next option is Jonathon Tah and if that's a no go then Mammana. And a back up will be a veteran that's solid. Like Vidic. Or Ron Vlaar.

Midfield is laughing De Jong and Kucka as starting and back up DM with Poli and Montolivo / Bertolacci as the CM B2B and DLP respectively. Back ups being Jose Mauri, Locatelli and Mastalli. Options to buy is Meyer, Odegaard, Tielemens and Verratti. Wingers in Cerci, Niang, Honda are enough. Although maybe another option should be bought for back up. I hear Bakkali has a relatively cheap release clause so will look at him also. And strikers in Bolatelli, Adriano and Bacca, no one else is needed other then a young player for development.

This is what i'll be looking at when i start the game next week. Will keep you's posted.

Good call PeterPistola,

I play a midfield of Montolivo as DLP-d, Poli as B2B and Betolacci as AM-A and all have got great ratings for me. Mexes has been pretty good for me as a CD-d alongside Romagnoli who plays as a BPD-d but found Alex too slow for a high defensive line. Zapata has also done quite well!

Really want to sign Rugani from Juve then defence will be sorted, but will have to wait until season 2 when have some $.

Carlos Bacca as lone striker (Complete Forward) is an absolute animal. 32 goals first season for me and 8 in 10 games second season.

Brought in Alex Pato to back up and rotate for lesser games to keep Bacca fresh for tougher games.

To be honest I've been struggling with Bacca. How do you play him?

I do a 4-1-2-2-1, defence and midfield are great but front three pretty poor;

Bacca as CF-a supported by Cerci as right winger - support and Bonnaventura on left as Inside Forward - attack?

To be honest I've been struggling with Bacca. How do you play him?

I do a 4-1-2-2-1, defence and midfield are great but front three pretty poor;

Bacca as CF-a supported by Cerci as right winger - support and Bonnaventura on left as Inside Forward - attack?

I play a 4-3-2-1 with a flat midfield 3 and AML & AMR with Bacca as Complete Forward on Attack duty.

I have Leroy Sane as AML Winger support and Lorenzo Insigne as AMR support Inside Forward.

Very solid defensively and in spells deadly in front of goal. Found Pato to be poor tbh as a back up for Bacca. Looking at Gabbiadini from Napoli to replace Pato at end of season.

Would recommend Edouardo Goldaniga as CB from Palermo.

Thanks, will probably change him to IF-S as well until Niang is fit.

Nah for me he'll be used as a winger on the left whenever he starts or gets subbed on. And if it annoys me too much, then i'll remove him and see if I can get El Ghazi or maybe Tulissi or an experienced winger.

But if anyone isn't starting Donnarumma straight away, then you're crazy. The kid at age 21 becomes worth £52M. I'm thinking getting Rugani shouldn't be an issue, he'll just be paid over 48 months. Along with the others.

Any of you sold anyone in the first window of the first season? I'm struggling to

You should be able to get an offer for Poli from PSG. Can get up to 10m and 2.5 in 6 months installment.

Nocerino - Offer to pay 11k of his wages and sell him at his value.

Alex - Offer to pay 10k of his wages and sell him at his value.

Mexes - Sell at his value.

Honda - Offer to pay 5k of his wages and then offer 5m upfront and 7.5m in 36/48 months installment.

If you sell the above players, you should be able to free up to 150-200k per week in wages and get 18-20m or so in transfer kitty. If you are not going to use Cerci, terminate his loan and free up more wage space.

I'd love Rugani but Juve are asking stupid money for him!! Any idea on who else I could have!!

I've just finished pre-season on season 1 by the way!!

I just bough Ogbonna from West Ham pre-season of 2nd season for £11m and also Edouardo Goldaniga from Palermo £12m to go along side Romagnoli and Ely as my 4 Italian CB's

Goldaniga may be cheaper 1st season as he had a great first season at Palermo hence why they bumped the price up. Look at him he has a 4 star potential.

I just bough Ogbonna from West Ham pre-season of 2nd season for £11m and also Edouardo Goldaniga from Palermo £12m to go along side Romagnoli and Ely as my 4 Italian CB's

Goldaniga may be cheaper 1st season as he had a great first season at Palermo hence why they bumped the price up. Look at him he has a 4 star potential.

Will do. Thanks mate

Watched the match last night and I think I will be start a Milan save tonight. Once i've won the Champions League I will move on to another one of the big leagues. I do like to buy from the same nation I play in so I will update when I can.

Also who can you sell for good money? De Jong? Zapata?

Any of you sold anyone in the first window of the first season? I'm struggling to

In January 2016

Honda to Shakhtar 15,5 M Euro

Suso to Chelsea 35 M Euro

Suso is a fantastic player , i retrained him to ML and MR ,he played fantastic at MR and Chelsea wanted him since October.

I wouldn't sell him , but i bought Andrea Zivkovic from Partizan in January 2016 with 1 M Euros

There's no need to purchase midfielders

i agree 100%

Mauri ,Mastalli turns into beast.

And after 2 years returns the ''magician'' HACKIM MASTOUR !!!

Also after 1 season u can find quality players for free.

I brought Kevin-Prince Boating summer 2016 ,Mkhitaryan ,Obi Mikel ,Matt Phillips summer 2017 also for free.

Matt Phillips (from QPR) is a very good player

Best young Italian midfielder on the game for me is Luca Valzania.....Bought him for £4.5m second season pre season.....he is now my captain in the 3rd season, replacing the outgoing De Jong and Luca is now valued at £22.5m....Just recently been capped by Italy.

My CM three are Valzania, Locatelli & Mauri.

Bought El Shawaary back and also Gabbiadini from Napoli.

Brought Kaka back at start of game, scout report said he'd be a star for most Serie A sides, sell a lot of shirts, model pro etc.

He cost £600,000 but;

Had to make him key player to offer max wages of about £95,000 (Still not enough as he wanted £140,000) so;

Gave £4.5m signing on fee

Gave agent £2m fee

He scored in 1st pre season game and got an assist in as AM-A playing behind Bacca.

That's all the money gone but happy to have him back!

Archived