Crazy editor mathematics - please help!

el_duderino

I've added III. level rules for Slovakia in Advanced Mode/Override.

I't just seems impossible to get the number of relegates straight. In reality 4 teams get relegated from 2nd level, in the game it's only 2, so I set the number from 1 to 2 (there are two relegation stage groups which had one team relegated per group). If I change that "1" to "2" expecting 4 teams relegated (2x2) Oh wonder! Error message: number of relegated teams (2) does not match number of promoted teams (4).

Okay, I said, let's see if you eat this, weirdo-editor! I've changed the number of relegation teams in the group from 2 to 4, since I thought I had two, if I double I should get four, but no, the editor is on some other dimension where earthly mathematics are unknown, now the checker complains about eight teams being relegated...ouch! So, the behavior is, all tested, if I put:

1 team relegated per 2 groups -> 2 teams will be relegated

2 teams relegated per 2 groups -> still 2 teams will be relegated (why not four???)

3 teams relegated per 2 groups - >6 teams will be relegated

4 teams relegated per 2 groups - >8 teams will be relegated

I'd be happy if some of the cracks here might have a look at the file, before I complain about a bug... File is here: http://tinyurl.com/nngqzon

I'd really appreciate if you'd find out if I am crazy or the editor. Thanks a lot.

test in game-not in editor. its not reliable

What he said.

I've found the problem. The number of relegated teams has to be set twice - in relegation stage AND in league stage. Logical: No. Working: Yes.

Actually it is logical - in its own way. ;) One number shows teams automatically relegated, the other shows how many relegation spots are "awarded" through playoffs...

Archived