Investing for the Future?

My club value is 2Billion (loan debt 158m.) I do make +100m profits in the transfer market every year because I'm trying to get Arsenal to build a new stadium named after me. It's my final FM goal before I move on to FM16.

Does this help with that at all?

yes

as I suspected, your club value is 2 Billion

because of the limitations of FM, it used to be the case that the number would roll over and you'd be plunged into horrific debt (so -2 Billion)

basically it used to increase the number by one, but that would be the upper limit, which causes it to reset back to 0 (common in most computer programs, like the year 2038 bug)

nowadays (like you've experienced) the money gets put into a pot to prevent this from happening

although I'm not sure if you get the money back FAR later into the future, or if it just goes into a metaphorical black hole

How do you get a stadium built then? The Emirates is filled out every game already, and someone told me that having money in the bank increases the chance of having a stadium built.

Surely it would be expanded rather than a new stadium built from scratch?!

Surely it would be expanded rather than a new stadium built from scratch?!

Emirates is not expandable I don't think. Although it might be different in game.

I don't know if it's still in the game as I haven't progressed that far this year, but there has been a 20 year minimum of time since completion of one stadium before a club can build a new one.

Ahh, if that's the case then I still have a couple more seasons to go. I've made over a billion in transfer profit during my entire time at the club though, hoping that would spur the board to build a stadium after me. I'll move on to FM16 then.

Emirates is not expandable I don't think. Although it might be different in game.

I think you're right (easy to check the maximum size in the editor), and Arsenal certainly can get a new stadium. I saw them get one on FM13 - not with me as manager, though, and named after some regen.

So just wait till the 20 year mark and you should stand a good chance. As for getting it named after yourself, though - what is your status? You might need to be a club legend...

Archived