Scouting Assignments

Siven

How do you setup your scouting assignments?

Do you send your scouts to roam region, nations or competitions?

I tend to send one scout to scout 3 nations near each other until all major nations have a scout assigned, then have a scout roaming major regions.

I also have my tactical scout looking at my league.

Though im looking for better alternatives.

I tend to scout the regions (South America, South America u21s, Central Europe, North America, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, UK&Ireland are my main go-tos), then I'll fill out some other regions when I get new ones in

a few others will scout the major competitions (LaLiga, SerieA, Bundesliga, FrenchPremier, Champions League)

and then I'll keep a spare scout, who monitors some of the higher rated reports from those region-scouts, typically for a month

I sent mine out to scout regions. I always make the scout look for players that are hot prospects with at least 3 star potential regardless of what club i'm at as there's always a variety of players and positions. For example, the best U21 left back in South America may only have 3* potential but you know of him now. I set priority to very urgent and duration to ongoing so they never stop scouting.

What's the difference between sending a scout to, let's say, South America, with the the age and potential ability set to 'at most 19' and 'at least 3 stars', and sending a scout to the same country but telling him to search for a Hot Prospect? I've never understood why the scout for a Hot Prospect option is there, when you can manually amend the search criteria.

I stay away from the Region scouting. It doesn't seem to work very well. If you use the 'Until finished' setting, the scout won't visit all countries, and if you select 'Ongoing' then at some point he just stops finding players. Maybe I've missed something obvious, I don't know, but I don't use it anymore.

I send my scouts to nations, 3.5 stars or above, unlimited budget, and I pick the nations that typically produce high potential players, and expand on that the more scouts I have.

In addition I manually scout many u-19 and u-21 national teams once in a while, and I go through some selected countries youth intakes. Manually scouting players is much more successful and that usually where I find the best gems and bargains, but it also takes a lot of time and feels a bit gamey.

I tend to get in as many different nationalities as i can but i do scout a few regions...

South Europe - with a Turkish scout for example

Eastern Europe - Normally Serbian scouts available

South America - I think there is normally Ivan Zambrano available from Chile and a few Brazilians appear.

UK & Ireland - you get the idea.

Scandanavia - Normally Swedish or Norwegian scouts available.

North America - Alot of English scouts have American knowledge for example.

Some nationalities also have good knowledge of neighboring countries so i normally get ...

3 German scouts to scout Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Portuguese have good knowledge of Brazil etc because they speak the same language like the French with most of Africa.

Other than that i normally load Eng, Spa, Ita, Ger, Fra

so i get a nation scout on all of those.

If you can get surplus scouts in those nations you could put them into the U-21 and U-18 leagues.

The more scouts the better.

Archived