Scouts not finding any players!

So I started a game with Barca, just for scouting purposes. I've hired a bunch of scouts but every update comes back with 0 players regardless of location.

Is this something to do with the recent elections and the owners status now being at "considering your future at the club"? If so im not sure if that is a bug because why would that stop scouts finding players.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Barca are banned from registering players atm which translates to not being able to sign them in FM.

No players are coming up because none are realistic signing because of the ban.

That makes sense, but surely that shouldn't affect scouting. Or is it because the scouts default is to find realistic signings?

That makes sense, but surely that shouldn't affect scouting. Or is it because the scouts default is to find realistic signings?

Its certainly annoying and has been a bit of an issue in the last couple of versions.

If you are looking on the shortlist untick the realistic signing box but then it will gie you lots of players who won't sign.

If you are looking at the scouting assignments change there was a player value box that defaulted to your transfer budget, change that to the max as your transfer budget will be £0 until the ban ends.

I have the same problem when I send scouts to a specific nation. For example I sent my JPA/JPP 19/20 scout to Germany to find all players younger than 23 with 3 stars potential rating (should be lots of players) - he returned with 0 reports. Sent him to England with same instructions - again.

I have the same problem when I send scouts to a specific nation. For example I sent my JPA/JPP 19/20 scout to Germany to find all players younger than 23 with 3 stars potential rating (should be lots of players) - he returned with 0 reports. Sent him to England with same instructions - again.

given that you're Barcelona, that will return VERY few results

edit: I've actually looked it up (not playing as Barcelona, but a similar big-name club)

there are 6 players confirmed 3* or more PA in Germany,

with 3 more potentials (2.5 gold with 1 black)

and 11 more that could (2 gold with 1 black, so unlikely)

and 2 more than are 'unrealistic'

so that's a total of 21 players in Germany, not exactly 'lots of players'

given that you're Barcelona, that will return VERY few results

edit: I've actually looked it up (not playing as Barcelona, but a similar big-name club)

there are 6 players confirmed 3* or more PA in Germany,

with 3 more potentials (2.5 gold with 1 black)

and 11 more that could (2 gold with 1 black, so unlikely)

and 2 more than are 'unrealistic'

so that's a total of 21 players in Germany, not exactly 'lots of players'

It's not how it works though. Stars are relative to your team. There should be hundreds of players found in my case. When it works (with the same assignment settings btw) they find 250-300 players per country.

It's not how it works though. Stars are relative to your team. There should be hundreds of players found in my case. When it works (with the same assignment settings btw) they find 250-300 players per country.

If you're not under a transfer embargo could you raise this in the bugs forum?

If you're not under a transfer embargo could you raise this in the bugs forum?

Could it be related to my finances? I wasn't under any restrictions and had 50m transfer budget but my overall balance was -15m. I don't think scouts should stop working in this case but it could be the problem?

Could it be related to my finances? I wasn't under any restrictions and had 50m transfer budget but my overall balance was -15m. I don't think scouts should stop working in this case but it could be the problem?

It could be, take a pic of the scouting assignment screen so we can see whats selected.

It could be, take a pic of the scouting assignment screen so we can see whats selected.

This assignment yielded 0 reports: http://i.imgur.com/mST3ypO.png

This one (same settings) got 300: http://i.imgur.com/3vUFA71.png

The difference was during the first one my club balance was -5m and during second one it was 90m.

are you playing as Barcelona though?

I typically sign up most 2* players (actually 27m-valued wanted-by-Man-City Gabriel Barbosa is only rated 2* for my club) because they're still very good players

as Barcelona (like I said above - playing as a similar standard of club [CL semi is my board expectation this season]) there are 21 players in my 'all known players' rated 3* or above in Germany, and most of them are established names and mainly all over 27 (Kimmich and Tah are the only 2 that aren't somewhat world-renowned)

This assignment yielded 0 reports: http://i.imgur.com/mST3ypO.png

This one (same settings) got 300: http://i.imgur.com/3vUFA71.png

The difference was during the first one my club balance was -5m and during second one it was 90m.

Yes, looks like the transfer budget part being set to automatic is the problem. Because the club is in debt the club considers no player a realistic signing.

Change the transfer budget bit to a fixed amount and try again.

No he is Liverpool as the other thread shows.

uggh, this is what happens when I see someone else posting about the same issue and think it's just the OP making another post with more detail

doh on me for not reading the thread properly the first time

Archived