Time Wasting

Do players never take the ball into the corner in order to time waste? I was winning at home and instructed my players to go defensive in order to protect our lead going in to injury time. It's 90+2 minutes and my players are passing the ball around the edge of the opposition box trying to attack and we get caught on the counter and they equalise. I instructed them to sit back more and yet the defensive line was still very high.

I told them to be more disciplined and not roam from positions so I really can't understand why we weren't being more conservative.

They don't because the ME can't simulate players holding other players off and protecting the ball. That physical side of the game is missing. They do waste time in other ways though, like taking long at dead ball situations.

They don't because the ME can't simulate players holding other players off and protecting the ball. That physical side of the game is missing. They do waste time in other ways though, like taking long at dead ball situations.

Hmm ok, something for SI to work on for the next edition. It's still baffling that we were so far up the pitch trying to attack when we should've been easing off and seeing out the remainder of the match.

Hmm ok, something for SI to work on for the next edition. It's still baffling that we were so far up the pitch trying to attack when we should've been easing off and seeing out the remainder of the match.

Players won't take it into the corner, because they'll just get tackled. That side of the game will be a complicated addition.

If you're experiencing players still being too attacking/adventurous/whatever you want to call it on Contain, rather than slow the game down, please post PKM examples in the bugs forum. It will be very useful. That is something that can be worked on right now.

Players won't take it into the corner, because they'll just get tackled. That side of the game will be a complicated addition.

If you're experiencing players still being too attacking/adventurous/whatever you want to call it on Contain, rather than slow the game down, please post PKM examples in the bugs forum. It will be very useful. That is something that can be worked on right now.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Archived