[FM2016] FIFA World League is back!

LPdiFWB.jpg

Back in its third incarnation, the FIFA World League brings the best teams in the world together into one giant league. There are 958 teams in total representing every country in the world and spread over 48 divisions making this the largest version of the database I've ever done (it's about twice the size of the FM15 version). This year we are in Andorra. This will fix some of the previous issues with holding the league in Asia.

What's new in 2.3?

- Adjusted prize monies for all divisions and cups. Finances are now more balanced.

- Raised transfer and wage value guides to be more realistic for a world league.

- Removed Andorran taxes

- Added English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Arabic, Japanese, Turkish, Malay, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Korean, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Norwegian, Serbian, Slovak, Swedish, and Afrikaans to the World League's national languages (Spanish, Catalan, and Portuguese are also included). This allows players to settle more easily and pick up new nationalities if required.

League Structure:

Premiership: 18 teams

Division One: 20 teams

Division Two: 20 teams

Division Three: 3 sub-divisions of 20 teams each.

Division Four: 6 sub-divisions of 20 teams each.

Division Five: Same as above.

Division Six: Same as above.

Division Seven: Same as above.

Division Eight: Same as above.

Division Nine: Same as above.

Division World Pool: Same as above. Teams are selected from every country that does not have a representative in any of the above divisions. If you only load divisions above this one, it can be quite fun as you will get surprise new countries represented in the World League.

There are three cup competitions. The FIFA World League Cup including the top seven divisions, the FIFA World Lower League Cup including the lower divisions and the World Pool, and the FIFA World League Super Cup - a single match between the winners of the Premiership and League Cup.

Additional Features:

Each team retains the nationality of their own nation

Full awards system including the FIFA World League Golden Ball and Golden Boot

All European leagues are playable alongside the world league

Champions League and Europa League involve the top teams from outside the world league (this took a long time to set up!)

Teams with separate B teams, such as Barcelona or Bayern Munich, have their B teams based in their home nation (e.g. Spain, Germany). You can compete with Real Madrid's B team, Castilla, in the Liga BBVA and transfer players between the two teams. Please let me know if you spot any issues with this as I haven't had time to actually play as one of those teams and see how it goes

Balanced prize money (suggestions for tweaking are welcome)

Extra stuff:

If you spot a bug or would like to suggest a new feature or change to an existing feature please post in this thread or in the Steam workshop page for this file.

If you wish to re-post this update please credit me. If you want to edit it and post please ask me first.

If you want to use this with a file that changes names of teams, competitions, etc. (e.g. Susie Real Name Fix) open the file and delete the section for Andorra in the competitions lnc file. This will ensure the World League retains the correct names for competitions.

Recommendations and Challenges:

Check add players to playable teams in the advanced options. There are a lot of small teams from small nations in this database and they benefit from having a more level playing field.

Uncheck do not add key staff for the same reason.

Load every division above the World Pool. This means that when fresh teams will come into the league each year it'll be more of a surprise.

I usually try to take a team from the lowest division to win the World League. If you want a real challenge, you could go on holiday for a year at the start of the game and take over one of the newly-promoted World Pool teams.

Take charge of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or another team that has a B team in their home nation. Win the home league and Champions League with the B team.

Let me know what challenges you set yourself and what stories you have!

**DOWNLOAD NOW**

Steam link

So I created a quick save, and this is what I noticed from first glance: Only Angola must be playable, right? But there are several other countries are available. Also the league is really THAT massive, I noticed it still puts pressure on PC despite not loading bottom leagues as playable.

So I created a quick save, and this is what I noticed from first glance: Only Angola must be playable, right? But there are several other countries are available. Also the league is really THAT massive, I noticed it still puts pressure on PC despite not loading bottom leagues as playable.

At the moment, Andorra, Wales, India, and Scotland should be playable. Wales and India because their reps in the world league are not part of their home leagues. Scotland because I have started to 'fix' the remaining European nations. In the next version, all European nations will be playable.

You only need to load Andorra, though, for the World League.

Yeah, it's going to be quite slow on old pcs.

The problem I had yesterday about the Europa League is resolved in this update (thank you).

147001Capture.jpg

I have not had too much time to advance in my game, I'll have you return regularly.

Two notes, the first is that I think it will review the championship premiums. Indeed the first "Fifa World League Division Four" wins 10 million, while the 4th "Fifa World League Premiership" wins 10 million is not very logical.

124043image1.jpg

364100image2.jpg

The 2nd is that I think it lacks at least one cut.

I am French, and I would love to find the equivalent of the "Coupe de la Ligue", but also the "Coupe de France".

The "Coupe de France" is a bit like a "FIFA World Cup League", so he missed the "Coupe de la Ligue".

What do you think ?

If you manage to run the Champions League and Europa Cup in this update, not just the first year, it would be really great.

Big and great job anyway, congratulations.

If you want to use this with a file that changes names of teams, competitions, etc. (e.g. Susie Real Name Fix) open the file and delete any competitions in Andorra. This will ensure the World League retains the correct names for competitions.

how do i edit the "Susie Real Name Fixes - 3 Letter Names for Competitions.dbc" file and save it as same afterwards? or will this file not be needed to change? i have managed to open it with the fm editor using import, but when i choose save as. if will not find that spesific .dbc file so i can overwrite it. What am i doing wrong here?

will you be able for future to play with world league and other leagues at the same time? or will that be total crash?

for the world pool, i saw in your database that you have retained b team's like for eks. Barcelona. Will their B team have an chance of getting promoted from world pool at some point, or if you add an b team to another club?

Two notes, the first is that I think it will review the championship premiums. Indeed the first "Fifa World League Division Four" wins 10 million, while the 4th "Fifa World League Premiership" wins 10 million is not very logical.

The 2nd is that I think it lacks at least one cut.

You're right, it isn't logical. Based on past experience, I don't want the rewards to be progressive. I think the league and finances seem to work better when lower league teams can earn similar, but less, than the upper league teams. But I'll keep analyzing team finances on tests and see where it needs adjusting. If you have any data or suggestions for changes, let me know.

I did want to add a cup that covered every team in the league (potentially even some from without). Problem is there are so many teams I can't do it with simple rules. I have it planned for a future version though :)

how do i edit the "Susie Real Name Fixes - 3 Letter Names for Competitions.dbc" file and save it as same afterwards? or will this file not be needed to change? i have managed to open it with the fm editor using import, but when i choose save as. if will not find that spesific .dbc file so i can overwrite it. What am i doing wrong here?

will you be able for future to play with world league and other leagues at the same time? or will that be total crash?

for the world pool, i saw in your database that you have retained b team's like for eks. Barcelona. Will their B team have an chance of getting promoted from world pool at some point, or if you add an b team to another club?

Thanks for pointing this out. You don't need to change the 3 letter names as there are no changes to Andorra in that file. You only need to change the lnc file for competition names.

Yes, in the future you'll be able to play the world league with other leagues. So far, I've only done Scotland but, eventually, the rest of Europe and possibly elsewhere if I have time.

Barcelona B's, etc. play in their home country. Once I've enabled Spain, you should be able to compete in the Spanish league with them. Hopefully, this will add an interesting strategic dimension if you want to play as one of these teams. I don't generally like B teams playing in the same league for some clubs but not others so this is a nice solution for me.

You're right, it isn't logical. Based on past experience, I don't want the rewards to be progressive. I think the league and finances seem to work better when lower league teams can earn similar, but less, than the upper league teams. But I'll keep analyzing team finances on tests and see where it needs adjusting. If you have any data or suggestions for changes, let me know.

I did want to add a cup that covered every team in the league (potentially even some from without). Problem is there are so many teams I can't do it with simple rules. I have it planned for a future version though :)

I understand your explanation and your raisonement is yours. Allow small teams to fight against big financially is a good idea.

Chucklechuck

i have an request for your next uppdate, could you pls add 1 san marino team into one of the div9 groups?

i did that myself currently. took out Ross county(no spesific reason just random choice) and placed in Virtus(SMR). I also took out all the board of that club and added in Massimo Bonini as chairman(just because i hate having an chairman without an picture).

I also made the club semi pro, added the stadium facilities to be very very low. but made the expansion capacity to 200k just in case i do well with the club.

But very cool fantasy mode :)

I can't change the order of teams as it is done entirely by reputation. San Marino have a representative in the World Pool as none of their teams have a high enough rep for Div 9.

Glad your having fun. I should be able to upload the next version soon. Just testing some things.

i know san marino only have low rep team and are not very good. but that is why i like em have an crap low known team to be the best(yes i cheat little bit :p ). Hence why i did thoose changes to your database for my own purpose :)

- Changed the Champions League registered teams to top reputed clubs from same nation not in world league

- Changed the Europa League registered teamsto top reputed clubs from same nation not in world league

- Fixed leagues for playable European nations

- Changed some b-team nations so that they play at home

- Tweaked prize monies

I recommend you play this version mainly because in v0.8, the Champions League only selects the correct teams for the first year

edit: link for v2.1 up. I forgot to add foreign player limits to the lower leagues

chucklechuck good job, I started a new game with version 0.8, given your remarks I decided to start a new game with version 2.1.

Thank you to you for all the work.

I will give you my news on my new game.

Why in version 2.1, the red star belgrade no longer playing the Europa League?

chucklechuck good job, I started a new game with version 0.8, given your remarks I decided to start a new game with version 2.1.

Thank you to you for all the work.

I will give you my news on my new game.

Why in version 2.1, the red star belgrade no longer playing the Europa League?

I've replaced all the Champions League and Europa League teams with teams not in the World League

I played the FM 2014 version and had to make one big change, among other smaller changes.

1. The major change was changing the No of foreign player in squad rule and replacing it with (Minimum No. of HG players trained by club in match squad = 3)

I found that that made the teams keep their players and make sure they get young HG players through and train them, or they keep those spaces in the match squad. I also found that the foreign player rule made teams sell some of their best players just coz they are foreign at the start of the save. So using min. no. of HG = 3 in match squad seemed the best fit of the options available in the editor. I suggest you put this in as default.

2. I played as FCBarcelona and although i had similar club debt to R. Madrid, they could outspend me almost 3:1 every transfer window. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I even went poking around in the editor for a few days and just couldn't figure out why that was happening that way. I suppose there's more to the financial aspect of the game than meets the eye.

I also changed the fee for every match across board on all leagues to (W = 445,000 ; D = 125,000 ; L = 0). I found that it was better and helped keep teams afloat and not get into financial difficulties mid season. The fact it was across board meant it was fair to all.

3. I noticed Koln FC overperformed in their league. And a few of the teams you put in the Premier league were really too poor to be there like Corinthians and SLB. Gladback did well, Newcastle, and Everton.

4. All in all a really great league and though i haven't got FM 16 yet, i hope to get a copy soon and get playing again.

If you want my FM 14 save i could give it to you. I'm in 2019 now and thoroughly still enjoying my current save.

I played the FM 2014 version and had to make one big change, among other smaller changes.

1. The major change was changing the No of foreign player in squad rule and replacing it with (Minimum No. of HG players trained by club in match squad = 3)

I found that that made the teams keep their players and make sure they get young HG players through and train them, or they keep those spaces in the match squad. I also found that the foreign player rule made teams sell some of their best players just coz they are foreign at the start of the save. So using min. no. of HG = 3 in match squad seemed the best fit of the options available in the editor. I suggest you put this in as default.

2. I played as FCBarcelona and although i had similar club debt to R. Madrid, they could outspend me almost 3:1 every transfer window. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I even went poking around in the editor for a few days and just couldn't figure out why that was happening that way. I suppose there's more to the financial aspect of the game than meets the eye.

I also changed the fee for every match across board on all leagues to (W = 445,000 ; D = 125,000 ; L = 0). I found that it was better and helped keep teams afloat and not get into financial difficulties mid season. The fact it was across board meant it was fair to all.

3. I noticed Koln FC overperformed in their league. And a few of the teams you put in the Premier league were really too poor to be there like Corinthians and SLB. Gladback did well, Newcastle, and Everton.

4. All in all a really great league and though i haven't got FM 16 yet, i hope to get a copy soon and get playing again.

If you want my FM 14 save i could give it to you. I'm in 2019 now and thoroughly still enjoying my current save.

1. Interesting, thanks. I can imagine that the HG rule would work but, for me, it doesn't solve the problem that the foreigner rule was meant to solve. I didn't want to have every team looking like a random collection of foreigners and I think the home-grown will not do much to fix that, especially if it's only 3 that are required.

2. Finances are really hard to get right. In previous versions teams were spending fortunes travelling around the world (so you needed e.g. half a million per game). That doesn't seem to be the case in fm15 or 16 but weird things still happen financially.

3. What you say is true. The divisions aren't 'balanced' in terms of their abilities but sorted by reputation. That seemed the easiest and least biased way to do it but it does mean that Corinthians and Benfica have a tough start.

4. Really glad that you fixed what you don't like and are still enjoying it. If you give fm16 a shot, it'd be great to see what you think of the latest version which I've added a lot of features to :)

Can you upload the league elsewhere? I'm having problems installing it from Steam for some reason. It just ain't working. I subscribed all right, but for some reason i just don't see it in my edit files when starting a new game.

There are a myriad of options to cherry pick from. Mediafire, uploaded, and other file sharing sites. Alternatively, the database file could be uploaded right here as an attachment, or sent by email. SO many options as you can see.

I don't want to play with the normal league structure, in La Liga BBVA. Not after i've tasted this for FM 2014.

P.S. (if only i could just import my FM 2014 save and pick up where i left off)

Anyway, so any other way i can get the DB edit file?

My first observations after setting up the game,

1. What's the thinking behind making all the clubs from Div2 i think, down to the lower leagues get the same prize money? What's now gonna be the motivation to progress upwards across divisions (apart from reputation increments)? Unless it's causing an anomaly that can't be traced logically then it really should be graded, don't you think?

2. Don't you think the prize money in general is well on the low side? I mean, the FM 14 version had the Top league champion getting about $79M and it's graded downwards across divisions and places (that's not even including the prize money obtained from the league cup and world trophy). Won't the bigger clubs struggle to balance their annual budgets with this? I mean, in the FM 14 version, even with the "relatively high" finances, clubs were still struggling financially. I thought this would exacerbate the problem. Furthermore, was the travel costs worked on? Is that the reason Andorra was chosen as the "host" country?

My first observations after setting up the game,

1. What's the thinking behind making all the clubs from Div2 i think, down to the lower leagues get the same prize money? What's now gonna be the motivation to progress upwards across divisions (apart from reputation increments)? Unless it's causing an anomaly that can't be traced logically then it really should be graded, don't you think?

2. Don't you think the prize money in general is well on the low side? I mean, the FM 14 version had the Top league champion getting about $79M and it's graded downwards across divisions and places (that's not even including the prize money obtained from the league cup and world trophy). Won't the bigger clubs struggle to balance their annual budgets with this? I mean, in the FM 14 version, even with the "relatively high" finances, clubs were still struggling financially. I thought this would exacerbate the problem. Furthermore, was the travel costs worked on? Is that the reason Andorra was chosen as the "host" country?

I'm trying to make things balanced so not too many teams go into debt but the premiership isn't stuffed with a few teams with a billion euros each, basically. It's not easy to do so if you have any data on how much teams have after, say, 10/15 years that would be very helpful.

It seems like travel costs are completely different since FM15. In FM14 you're totally right that teams had to spend millions playing just a single match and so I had to compensate for that with huge prize monies for each match and the divisions. That's all changed now; teams don't spend that much on travel, it seems. I've tested it a bit but some suggestions from those who have done long saves would help.

Andorra wasn't chosen as the host for travel cost reasons since that's not a concern any more. It was more that, as players pointed out during FM15, things work better if the league is in Europe e.g. integration with international competitions. So it was either Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, etc.

I'm trying to make things balanced so not too many teams go into debt but the premiership isn't stuffed with a few teams with a billion euros each, basically. It's not easy to do so if you have any data on how much teams have after, say, 10/15 years that would be very helpful.

It seems like travel costs are completely different since FM15. In FM14 you're totally right that teams had to spend millions playing just a single match and so I had to compensate for that with huge prize monies for each match and the divisions. That's all changed now; teams don't spend that much on travel, it seems. I've tested it a bit but some suggestions from those who have done long saves would help.

Andorra wasn't chosen as the host for travel cost reasons since that's not a concern any more. It was more that, as players pointed out during FM15, things work better if the league is in Europe e.g. integration with international competitions. So it was either Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, etc.

Balanced? How do the big teams (especially those in the top league) now pay their players? Even in the default database SI releases, the prize money is way more than the values you've put in. I mean, barcelona for instance spend 60 - 70% of their income on player wages. Teams like PSG and Man City have similar percentages for wage budget. Where is the money gonna come from?

I mean, it's one thing to try to balance the playing field but this would really harm the big clubs.

I've not gone too far in the league, but where is the income gonna come from? (The $12M, i think it is, that you've inputted as the prize money gets spent in less than 1 month at this big clubs in the premier league).

So what's the plan for the income?

Unless of course that there is TV money and lots of sponsorship. But i don't see any changes made for that so far. Perhaps it's coz i've not played a season yet. So if the money comes from those two sources, then fine. If not, i'd really really like to know where the money is gonna come from.

Hey Samuel. Thanks for your input. You might be right. It might be better with more money to the higher divisions. I would like lower down teams to stay competitive so for that to happen they need to have similar finances. It's not exactly the same as a regular national league as there are so many teams with huge wage bills.

There is TV money for each division.

Basically, what I do is choose some prize monies and test it out over 5 or 10 years. I had an older version with more of a difference and it seemed like the top teams - Barcelona, Real, etc. - had huge budgets - over a billion. Meanwhile, lower division teams were in debt. So I tried out some different variations and this is what I settled on. I don't know how finances work 'under the hood'. All I really have to go on is these tests. That's how I can see that travel costs are not having a major impact, for example.

So in order to change things, I'd like to know a) what changes I should make and b) what do team finances look like in 5 or 10 years time? If you can help out with that it would be great. It took a loooong time to create this database and the finances are only one part of that so any help would be really great and I'd be happy to include those changes in a new version.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to have a long term game using this, bring a team up from the bottom. Is it stable after a long time? Finances etc? Is it actually achievable to go from the bottom to the top?

Or should I wait a couple of months until another version comes out which removes some of the niggly bugs that might be there?

I want to have a long term game using this, bring a team up from the bottom. Is it stable after a long time? Finances etc? Is it actually achievable to go from the bottom to the top?

Or should I wait a couple of months until another version comes out which removes some of the niggly bugs that might be there?

I've started my long term game. I think it'll probably never be perfect but hopefully it's good enough - if you don't mind that there aren't huge differences between division prize monies at the moment

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, marioenta. To get rid of foreign rule: Open it in the editor. Go to match rules for each division. Remove the foreign player limit.

I prefer to keep it even though it makes it awkward for big teams in the beginning. Perhaps because I like to play long games I have this preference. It also might balance things out a bit as smaller teams have that advantage in the beginning.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived